• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Traffic Cams

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rookie

Sixth Man
Reaction score
So I was driving through East Cleveland to get to Euclid and I got hit with a traffic cam speeding ticket going 27 in a 20 mph zone.

I know the bill passed in the Senate but is still in the house. I know some that have ignored them and nothing has happened but im not sure if I want to do that.
So is there a way to fight it and win?
Should I argue that an officer wasnt there to hand me the ticket or request the traffic cam's calibration history, or would it be better to pay it and be done with it?

So I was driving through East Cleveland to get to Euclid and I got hit with a traffic cam speeding ticket going 27 in a 20 mph zone.

I know the bill passed in the Senate but is still in the house. I know some that have ignored them and nothing has happened but im not sure if I want to do that.
So is there a way to fight it and win?
Should I argue that an officer wasnt there to hand me the ticket or request the traffic cam's calibration history, or would it be better to pay it and be done with it?

I did the very same thing driving on Euclid into work one day... Did a bunch of research.. I requested a hearing, thinking they may not want to spend the little money they have on it... They sent me back a date and time and I just sent in the check, ultimately, because I'm a giant pussy and don't want to be sent to a debt collector. Also, I just felt like involving some kind of defense would be more expensive than the ticket.

Law technically requires that you are able to face your accuser, which would be the camera. They don't handle the camera traffic stuff in an actual court hearing, but rather an "Administrative Hearing"... That's some bullshit I'd bet you could have a lawyer get you thru. Anyways, since you can't face the camera in a court of law (or an admin hearing), they would likely consider bringing in someone from the camera company. If they ask you to pay for that, you absolutely do not have to... It is their call to bring someone in. It is not illegal for them to have the cameras in EC, though...

weird. they towed the one on St. Clair that got me away like two days after the vote passed. Assumed they got rid of all of them by now. I wouldn't pay it.

Pay the ticket and stop speeding.

You broke the law, be a man....deal with it.

Cannot stand people that bitch about these cameras. If you obey the damn traffic laws, you have nothing to fucking worry about. Stop crying like little girls that your "rights" were violated.

Cannot stand people that bitch about these cameras. If you obey the damn traffic laws, you have nothing to fucking worry about. Stop crying like little girls that your "rights" were violated.

How do you know the camera is working properly?

Who doesn't speed at all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk at your local pub.

7 over ticket sucks. If you catch me, catch me doing something bad. That's not safety that is just revenue

And this line of thinking is exactly why liberty has died in this country.

7 over ticket sucks. If you catch me, catch me doing something bad. That's not safety that is just revenue

Well depends, on a road with a speed limit that is 20 then 7 is a lot. That's 35% over the speed limit, that's like saying it's ok to go 94 in a 70 as they are both 35% over.

i didnt know there were 20 MPH zones anywhere. In maryland i think the lowest i have ever seen on a real road is 25. Also speed cameras in maryland (all of them) are a +11. doestn matter if the speed limit is 35 or 65.

that said not sure what the fine is in ohio, but in maryland its 40 dollars... not sure you situation but it might just be easier to pay it

And this line of thinking is exactly why liberty has died in this country.
Lol why because you should be we aware where the cameras are, they don't move, and restrain yourself to five over for the grueling 500 foot stretch. Yea man liberty is dead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mac
Well depends, on a road with a speed limit that is 20 then 7 is a lot. That's 35% over the speed limit, that's like saying it's ok to go 94 in a 70 as they are both 35% over.

Kinetic energy is (1/2)MV^2 the velocity increases exponentially meaning every time you double the speed equals 4 times the energy. So measuring in percentages like that doesn't make sense to me.

Please use your head. Don't go 7 over in a school zone, printing house for the blind area, or duckling crossing.

Anywhere else seems like natural foot variation on the pedal. Do they want us watching the speedometer or the road?

weird. they towed the one on St. Clair that got me away like two days after the vote passed. Assumed they got rid of all of them by now. I wouldn't pay it.

In East Cleveland, it's still legal to have traffic cameras.

You mustn't care much about your credit... Tickets from before the vote aren't voided. :dunno:

Uh, that was East Cleveland not Cleveland- separate cities. East Cleveland is probably raking in tickets from suburbanites who fail to realize their cameras are still on and operational.

As it is, East Cleveland, since it is probalby the poorest city in the area, relies heavily on that revenue so they are jerks about it. They have a permanent 365 school zone at the bottom of the hill by Nela Park with a tripod camera that snags people- only cam ticket I have gotten and first ticket in last 16 years of driving. Is a real pain.

As for the cams, well, they do slow things down and prevent folks from running red lights. The one at Shaker Square did exactly that. I wouldn't be surprised if a pedestrian gets killed now from someone punching that light now tha th ecam is off. Problem is the municipalities got greedy, especially Cleveland, and put in way too many. Now the few spots that these cameras helped are gone.

Oh and BTW- most of these cam tickets are civil violations, not traffic. This is how they get around it. Also, many have it set up so an officer on duty- usually a sargeant- reviews the violations the system brings up before authorizing. Not sure if this too makes it easier or more legal, but this is how it goes.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."