• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Trailblazers/Hornets Trade: Batum for Vonleh/Henderson

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Portland preparing for a rebuild.

Matthews, Aldridge, Lopez, and Afflalo could all be gone.

Not a bad core to work around though with Dame, McCollum, Myers-Leonard, Vonleh, and Henderson

Sounds like they're expecting Mathews and Aldridge to both bail. Wonder what this means for MKG's future, unless they believe Batum can be a starting 2 in Charlotte.

Blazers probably expecting people to leave, but even if they aren't this deal makes sense. Batum was really bad last year. A lot of regression. He went from being on a reasonable/ok contract the year before to an awful one last year.

CHA reallly loves wings who can't shoot. And with them rumored to be looking at Kamisky in the draft, trading Vonleh makes sense.

Dame Lillard is gonna quickly realize how good he had it up until this point.

Portland had such a solid team. Just a couple pieces away from being a really strong contender I feel. Kind of sad to see them rebuild. Those are the kinds of teams I want to see get better as teams like the Lakers, Celtics, and Knicks fall.

But, not a bad trade really. Pretty even. It might even make Portland better with a straight talent swap. Might not mean LMA is gone. Guarantee Wes is though if he wants 15 mil a year.

Batum also only has one year left.... Hornets are gunna be weird this year.

Getting rid of Lance and doing this deal improves Charlotte.

Batum struggled last year but he is a playmaker and triple double threat.

This could open up things more for us to get Marvin Williams or Barnes, as Haywood can be dealt back to CHA after July 1. Not a homer deal for us, but if those don't materiaze, either Barnes/Williams provides solid minutes off the bench in the regular season spelling LeBron.

Batum also only has one year left.... Hornets are gunna be weird this year.

This is an argument for turning Haywood into a trade exception that we can use all season. If a team like CHA completely underachieves during the year, than someone like Batum heading into FA could be available at the trade deadline.

Still prefer to use Haywood to bring in guys who can start training camp with us.

Jordan making moves. Interesting to see how Charlotte improves.

Got virtually nothing from Stephenson, Vonleh, and Henderson last year(actually negative value from Stepenson)

Adding Batum/Lamb/Hawes + Jefferson coming back healthy + presumably Kaminsky could equal a pretty good improvement and a pretty deep, well rounded team. Growth/contributions from Zeller, Lamb, MKG, and Kaminsky would be critical though

Jordan making moves. Interesting to see how Charlotte improves.

Got virtually nothing from Stephenson, Vonleh, and Henderson last year(actually negative value from Stepenson)

Adding Batum/Lamb/Hawes + Jefferson coming back healthy + presumably Kaminsky could equal a pretty good improvement and a pretty deep, well rounded team. Growth/contributions from Zeller, Lamb, MKG, and Kaminsky would be critical though

I believe I saw they were shopping Zeller. I'm curious to see what they could potentially fetch for him.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."