• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Two high school football players intentionally hit ref

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Simon

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score

Guys thoughts on this?

Apparently the ref said racist marks during the game, but who knows how much that is true.

Guys thoughts on this?

Apparently the ref said racist marks during the game, but who knows how much that is true.

They did a terrible job disguising what they were trying to do.

The hit looks kind of weak honestly. I've seen refs trip harder than that.

I'm guessing he deserved it, but still not the best decision these kids have ever made.

Do you think either could be the end of the bench big we bring in to set hard picks on Kelly Olynyck? :D

I have a hard time believing these kids didn't get provoked by the ref. But crazier things have happened.

Hell, Tristan Thompson is asking for 94 million dollars...for his basketball talents.

If he made racist remarks, you immediately tell your coaches and they need to make sure that ref never works another game.

As it is, they turned the sympathy towards the ref. I don't care what the ref said, that doesn't necessitate aggravated assault. I hope they are brought up on charges. And if their claims of racist comments can be validated, the ref needs to lose his job.

I'm guessing he deserved it, but still not the best decision these kids have ever made.

What's your theory for what he did to "deserve it"?

Absent some truly bizarre provocation - like the ref had a detonator that was going to detonate a bomb in their mothers' hospital rooms - they deserve prosecution and some time behind bars.

On a related note, I think it's funny how teenagers who do something good are praised as fine "young men", but they magically regress to being "kids" whenever it is time to make excuses for bad behavior.

lol at people trying to defend this (in general not here).

People will stick up for anybody.

I have a hard time believing these kids didn't get provoked by the ref. But crazier things have happened.

Because teenagers don't have bad judgment...ever?

lol at people trying to defend this (in general not here).

People will stick up for anybody.

Because teenagers don't have bad judgment...ever?

Exactly. I really get tired of the "just kids" and "I made dumb decisions at that age too" excuses. Can't think of many people who were shitty at 17 but stellar citizens at 18 or 19. We all knew what was right and what was wrong long before 17. And if you don't know it's wrong to violently assault someone who is defenseless when you're 15-16, it's pretty damn unlikely that you're going to learn that by 18.

Hell, Tristan Thompson is asking for 94 million dollars...for his basketball talents.

Since when ever has provocation been a reasonable defense?

I'm sorry your Honor, he called me a mean old doodoo head so I punched him.

WRONG. TRY AGAIN. PS - didn't watch video don't care to.

They allegedly did it because the ref had just kicked out two of their teammates, so it was payback. The ref says the racist comment allegation was made up because they knew they were in hot water and the police were involved. Says he may sue them for slander too if they don't retract it.

If the ref did say racist comments, he got what was coming to him.

I understand there's lots of folks in here that won't understand the reasoning; but frankly, I don't give a fuck. Calling someone a racial epithet is inciting them to violence. Not saying it is legal, but I do understand why someone would do it.

If the ref did say racist comments, he got what was coming to him.

I understand there's lots of folks in here that won't understand the reasoning; but frankly, I don't give a fuck. Calling someone a racial epithet is inciting them to violence. .

No it isn't.

I mean...prove that logically.

Let's say you call me a cracker ass bitch while you're driving by me on the road. Am I right to run up on your car, pull you out of it and beat the shit out of you?

No it isn't.

Yeah it is... You can't imagine what that's like...

I've done way worse than tackle someone for the same thing... I'd do it again too..

You call someone a N*****, or whatever it might be and you get what's coming to you.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."