1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. From courtside seating to loudville Amazing Tickets offers a fantastic selection of Cavs tickets at the cheapest prices found anywhere.
  3. Please select the "Splash-Mobile" style if ads are breaking your tablet/phone's browser.

Tyreke Evans and Brandon Jennings will test Free Agency next summer

Discussion in 'Trades, Free Agency, & the Draft' started by Huber., Nov 1, 2012.

1. Huber.

Huber. Adrninistrator

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Both Tyreke Evans and Brandon Jennings will test the market next off-season.</p>&mdash; Legion Sports (@MySportsLegion) <a href="https://twitter.com/MySportsLegion/status/264022909100650496" data-datetime="2012-11-01T15:15:41+00:00">November 1, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Obviously we wouldn't have interest in Jennings but any interest in Evans as a SF?

2. Soar

Soar Hall-of-Famer

Evans strikes me as a player that needs the ball in his hands to succeed. I'm not sure we need that.

3. Triumph36

Triumph36 All-Star

first, we convince stern to up the number of balls on the court to 3.

then we target tyreke evans. but not until then.

4. KB

KB NBA Starter

You sure thats enough

I expect Evans to use 2 of those 3

5. FiveThous

FiveThous Redeux

Id love either one of those guys as a 6th man to initiate offense off the bench but obv we arent going to pay a max deal for either of them so forget that notion.

6. Goldin Brown

Goldin Brown In the Rotation

Both of those guys are probably hitting the market looking for major dollars and a starting gig. I doubt the Cavs would be offering either let alone both of those things.

7. cavsfan1985

cavsfan1985 ^ kind of a big deal!

All the more reason we should have tool Drummond, tanked this year, add Evans and a top pick. Lol

8. Cavatt

Cavatt NBA Starter

Scott is a guy I would like to coach Evans. He needs structure. Doesn't fit with the team we have at all though.

9. Rob

Rob Best of the Land

Interesting, but no thanks.

10. JMcCurry08

JMcCurry08 NBA Starter

Both are terrible shooters, both have oversized egos. Dont want them. Thanks anyways

11. Soda

Soda Bania'd

Tyreke Evans is a homeless man's LBJ. Always has seemed like a cancer for the Kings, to me.

Jennings will go to whichever team lets him shoot all day. I suspect someone will go to Phoenix.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Layne Staley

Layne Staley In the Rotation

Evans has apparently spend major time working on his shooting skills this offseason. If he shows throughout this season that he actually has improved his shooting I wouldn't mind looking into him.

13. ChicagoCavFan

ChicagoCavFan Moderator

I think Tyreke could thrive in the right environment. He's a career 18 -5 -5 at 44% shooting - that is 3 seasons of numbers, and include his rookie year. No reason to believe he should improve upon those, especially in a system (and we know Sac has been a black hole for several seasons). I could even make an argument that his percentages suffered because he was relied upon to be the man from essentially day 1.

Unfortunately, he will command if not max, near max money. We will be one of the few teams that can get into that range.

14. ChicagoCavFan

ChicagoCavFan Moderator

I mean "no reason to believe he shouldn't improve upon those numbers"

Editing is down - wanted to clarify.

15. Silky Smooth

Silky Smooth All-Star

Jennings already mentioned he wants to go to a bigger market. It's going to be tough for Jim though to find a big market team to take him on. But then again the Knicks are still an NBA team.

Tyreke goes to Phoenix. They need a player like him after we stole Dion Waiters from them.

16. Silky Smooth

Silky Smooth All-Star

Jennings already mentioned he wants to go to a bigger market. It's going to be tough for him though to find a big market team to take him on. But then again the Knicks are still an NBA team.

Tyreke goes to Phoenix. They need a player like him after we stole Dion Waiters from them.

17. RikSmits

RikSmits In the Rotation

That can all be true. I watched him a lot at Sacramento, and although he has undeniable skills, something about him scares me.
    He committed this season to improving his D and his team play (and he has worked on his jumper, as someone else pointed out), but even if he shwos improvement in these areas, I will keep wondering why he only started doing it in a contract year. Whether that is his motivation or the lightbulb just went on, I can't say.

The biggest reason not to bring in Tyreke is that he and Dion are quite similar in many aspects and he just isn't a good fit for that reason.
    And although the Kings have played him also at SF, I think that is a bad idea. It really takes away from his ability to power his way to the hoop against smaller, weaker players. One thing can't be denied: Evans has the build of a tank, but is pretty agile and can change direction smoothly, even in the air.

18. Cavatt

Cavatt NBA Starter

I think Tyreke will explode if he goes to a solid system/coach

19. NarlCavs

NarlCavs Gold Star Member

Like others have said, Tyreke's game just isn't a fit with the Cavs and they way they're constructing their roster. He is a player for whom it's still way too early to write off yet. There's ton of raw talent and if he continues to show signs he might be "getting it" than somebody could get a very good piece to build with. I saw some of the Kings/Bulls game opening night and Tyreke was playing well defensively and did a good job against Luol Deng. He didn't jack up shots either shooting 8-13 in 39 minutes. Just 1 game but if it can continue it will be a good sign for him and his career.

20. Triumph36

Triumph36 All-Star

on that subject, i really wonder if we should be nervous that a team so poorly-managed had so much interest in the guy we drafted...