• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Visiting Cleveland for the NBA Finals

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

rabman_gold

All-Star
Reaction score
I figure that for any fans that live outside the state, like me, we could get answers on what we can do while in Cleveland, and hopefully a little cheaper.

1. First off, does anyone know if the Cavaliers will have the watch parties going throughout the Finals? I don't remember them being available back in 2007, but I wanted to make sure.
  2. Next, do we know what events will take place before and after the games in Cleveland?
  3. I not sure if this is possible, but is there a way to buy single seat tickets for less than $300 dollars? I'm trying to save as much money as possible, so any answers are appreciated.
  4. Finally, if the Cavs were to actually win the championship, will we know when they'll celebrate the occasion?

I need to know most of this before Friday, if feasible. I'd like to plan a mini vacation around all of these festivities.

Thanks in advance.

Good thread. I'd very much like to know these answers as well.

Watch parties will be going I for The Finals per Fred via Twitter. Fun experience, wife and went for game 2 of the ECF.

Not sure of any activities for away games but Fan Fest has been going on for all home games and they play the games in the courtyard between The Q and Progressive Field

Also cavs.flashseats.com is by far your best bet for tickets. Single tickets tend to be a little cheaper than pairs. Not sure how much they will run- so far throughout the playoffs for upper level tickets they were around $50/ticket for the Boston series, $60-70 for Chicago, and around $90 for Atlanta. For the Chicago series game 2, I bid on some lower level row 18 tickets the day of the game around 4pm and got them for $80/ticket which was listed as face value on my invoice. They tend to get cheaper the day of, and there are generally a decent amount of tickets so even if you're coming from out of town you shouldn't have to worry.

No clue about celebrations after since we don't have much experience with that... ;)

Important question. If there is a clincher for game 6, do you think they could have a watch party at progressive field for all the fans that cant get in to a clincher who want to be downtown? I want to go into town from Florida but not sure I can spend 600 a ticket for game 6, but would love to be with a big crowd to celebrate.

Edit- indians are on the road, and they did have a couple watch parties for the cavs at the new corner bar in the stadium. would love for 30,000 people to be in progressive for game 6! I also bumped the Cleveland thread in the OT topic for places to eat.

Last edited:
Important question. If there is a clincher for game 6, do you think they could have a watch party at progressive field for all the fans that cant get in to a clincher who want to be downtown? I want to go into town from Florida but not sure I can spend 600 a ticket for game 6, but would love to be with a big crowd to celebrate.

Edit- indians are on the road, and they did have a couple watch parties for the cavs at the new corner bar in the stadium. would love for 30,000 people to be in progressive for game 6!
Where are you getting the $600/ticket number? But yeah, that would be pretty cool if they did that. They do have big screens set up outside the Q for home games that you can watch on at the fan fest, just no seating there.

Where are you getting the $600/ticket number? But yeah, that would be pretty cool if they did that. They do have big screens set up outside the Q for home games that you can watch on at the fan fest, just no seating there.
Assuming 600 if we are up 3-2 would close to what you would need to get in. When is the last time you could attend a clinching game in Cleveland? 64, that is a hostoric event that peope will pay huge money for. I hope I am wrong and that 250-300 a ticket would work, but I doubt it. They an not do what they did vs Detroit in 07, due to some type of fire code where they had a huge crowd in the plaza

Also cavs.flashseats.com is by far your best bet for tickets. Single tickets tend to be a little cheaper than pairs. Not sure how much they will run- so far throughout the playoffs for upper level tickets they were around $50/ticket for the Boston series, $60-70 for Chicago, and around $90 for Atlanta. For the Chicago series game 2, I bid on some lower level row 18 tickets the day of the game around 4pm and got them for $80/ticket which was listed as face value on my invoice. They tend to get cheaper the day of, and there are generally a decent amount of tickets so even if you're coming from out of town you shouldn't have to worry.

No clue about celebrations after since we don't have much experience with that... ;)

Your best bet is to go to flashseats.com and look around. "Lower Bowl" and "Upper Level" means lots of different things to different people, so check the seats listed and sections, etc. Maybe you can find upper level tickets for the prices quoted for some of the past playoffs, but I believe these were on opposite ends of the baskets and top row area, in other words, tough places to watch a game from. The prices for the court sides run much more, especially lower bowl (i.e., the sections right in front of the floor seats).

The priciest tickets will be the floor seats, followed by the sections to the side of the Court. I'm not fond of seats behind the baskets. There may be lots of tickets for sale, but listings will fly off the site on the day of the game as I think many are not looking to sell as much as seeing how much they can get. I saw ten pages of listings go in a couple of hours yesterday, whether through purchase or withdrawals of listings.

Keep in mind, the question is asking about the Finals, the priciest of all games to date. If the Cavs win a game or two in the west, tickets will skyrocket. If they get blown out, they will fall. If they go down 0-3, the will fall. If they have a chance to win a championship at home, tickets prices will break price records, for obvious records.

I just didn't want him or her to travel here and wait to the last second to buy tickets, thinking they will fall, when, they may actually skyrocket, depending on circumstances. For the Finals, I would buy early just in case there is a close out game 4 or 6 here. Of course, waiting can result in a good deal, but the risk is, waiting may also shut you out or result in paying a lot.

Good luck!

Your best bet is to go to flashseats.com and look around. "Lower Bowl" and "Upper Level" means lots of different things to different people, so check the seats listed and sections, etc. Maybe you can find upper level tickets for the prices quoted for some of the past playoffs, but I believe these were on opposite ends of the baskets and top row area, in other words, tough places to watch a game from. The prices for the court sides run much more, especially lower bowl (i.e., the sections right in front of the floor seats).

The priciest tickets will be the floor seats, followed by the sections to the side of the Court. I'm not fond of seats behind the baskets. There may be lots of tickets for sale, but listings will fly off the site on the day of the game as I think many are not looking to sell as much as seeing how much they can get. I saw ten pages of listings go in a couple of hours yesterday, whether through purchase or withdrawals of listings.

Keep in mind, the question is asking about the Finals, the priciest of all games to date. If the Cavs win a game or two in the west, tickets will skyrocket. If they get blown out, they will fall. If they go down 0-3, the will fall. If they have a chance to win a championship at home, tickets prices will break price records, for obvious records.

I just didn't want him or her to travel here and wait to the last second to buy tickets, thinking they will fall, when, they may actually skyrocket, depending on circumstances. For the Finals, I would buy early just in case there is a close out game 4 or 6 here. Of course, waiting can result in a good deal, but the risk is, waiting may also shut you out or result in paying a lot.

Good luck!
That's true. The prices I was quoting were for upper corners, first 5 or so rows. And I also bought tickets on flash seats for the home opener when they were $250 and watched them drop to $100 the day of the game, so I've been burnt by buying them early. I personally much prefer being lower but in a corner for the experience and view of the players. Just speaking on my own personal experience....

Also, there are significantly more tickets available on flash seats this playoffs than during the regular season because many season ticket holders bought additional packages to sell.

What I've had the best luck doing is tracking the prices for a few days to try to decide if prices are trending up or down before purchasing. We will know more as the series goes on and once season ticket holders can place their tickets up for sale on flash seats. Overall, I've been surprised at how reasonable they've been through the playoffs but the finals could be completely different.

I have a half ticket plan for the playoffs and since this series went short and I got last night's game, I will only get game 4 next series which sucks.

Last edited:
Will additional tickets be released for non-season ticket holders, like they were throughout the playoffs?

Heard a good strategy is wait till
Game
Starts then go on flashseats, tickets plummet in price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I figure that for any fans that live outside the state, like me, we could get answers on what we can do while in Cleveland, and hopefully a little cheaper.

1. First off, does anyone know if the Cavaliers will have the watch parties going throughout the Finals? I don't remember them being available back in 2007, but I wanted to make sure.
  2. Next, do we know what events will take place before and after the games in Cleveland?
  3. I not sure if this is possible, but is there a way to buy single seat tickets for less than $300 dollars? I'm trying to save as much money as possible, so any answers are appreciated.
  4. Finally, if the Cavs were to actually win the championship, will we know when they'll celebrate the occasion?

I need to know most of this before Friday, if feasible. I'd like to plan a mini vacation around all of these festivities.

Thanks in advance.

#4 is ineffable. Tell 'em, Jigo. We need to jinx the jinx.

Never been to Ohio. Would be crazy for my first time in Cleveland to be during the Finals. I would love it so much. Almost zero NBA fans in Kansas and I don't know any Cavs fans personally. If it wasn't for RCF, I would have nobody to talk Cavs and share these great moments.

I've thought about driving down. Only thing I would probably be able to afford is going to a watch party (they are free right? :chuckle:). Highly doubt I could afford Finals tickets.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."