• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

W Cavaliers 116 Wizards 94 Preseason

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Retire the #11
Reaction score
cle.gif
vs
was.gif

Cleveland Cavalier's (0 - 0) @ Washington Wizards (0 - 0)

Preseason : Game 1 for both teams
Monday, October 10, 2005
7.00pm ET
Radio : WTAM 1100

Head Coaches
mike_brown.jpg
eddie_jordan.jpg

Mike Brown / Eddie Jordan

Probable Staters
eric_snow.jpg
gilbert_arenas.jpg

Eric Snow / Gilbert Arenas

larry_hughes.jpg
jarvis_hayes.jpg

Larry Hughes / Jarvis Hayes

lebron_james.jpg
caron_butler.jpg

LeBron James / Caron Butler

drew_gooden.jpg
antawn_jamison.jpg

Drew Gooden / Antawn Jamison

zydrunas_ilgauskas.jpg
brendan_haywood.jpg

Zydrunas Ilgauskas / Brendan Haywood​

Cleveland Cavaliers Bench
damon_jones.jpg
luke_jackson.jpg
aleksandar_pavlovic.jpg
donyell_marshall.jpg
alan_henderson.jpg

Damon Jones / Luke Jackson / Sasha Pavlovic / Donyell Marshall / Alan Henderson​

Washington Wizards Bench
chucky_atkins.jpg
antonio_daniels.jpg
jared_jeffries.jpg
michael_ruffin.jpg
etan_thomas.jpg

Chucky Atkins / Antonio Daniels / Jared Jeffries / Michael Ruffin / Etan Thomas​

Cavalier's Notes
* Mike Brown debut's as Cleveland Cavalier's coach.
* Larry Hughes first game as a Cavalier is against his former club.
* Positional battles heat up with Eric Snow competing with Damon Jones for the starting point guard, whilst veteran Marshall takes on incumbant Drew Gooden for the starting role at power forward.
* In smaller battles, Mike Wilks and Filberto Rivera look to impress the Cavalier brass for a possible role as the Cavs third point guard.
* Jahidi White against his first team, looks to secure a deal, but will have to share time with fellow trialists Zendon Hamilton, Obinna Ekezie and Menkte Bateer. Unfortunately injury has forced White to miss this game.
* Will be interesting to see whether NBDL bound Martynas gets a look in during the preseason.
* Luke Jackson returns officially for the Cavalier's and will meet competition for minutes with a bulked up Sasha Pavlovic.
* Zydrunas Ilgauskas gets the opportunity to play with some shooters. Coincedentally the last time this happened was the last time Cleveland made the post season.
* LeBron James, has he still got it? Damn straight!
* Ira Newble will miss one to two weeks with a foot strain.

Washington Wizards Notes
* Washington welcome in Daniels, Aktins and Butler to attempt to offset the losses of Kwame Brown and Larry Hughes.
* The Wizards main questions are who will start alongside Arenas in the backcourt and at forward with Jamison.
* Can Brendan Haywood continue his steady development?
* With Hughes gone, Hayes gets a golden opportunity to stamp himself as a NBA starter.
* Coach Jordan has been working hard on defensive strategies, as this was a weakness.
* Will be interesting to see whether they play Arenas as a point guard or off the ball.

Overview : Looking into this game too much is pointless. It is the first hitout for both franchises with major roster overhauls. Both camps will be trialling new matchups and triallists with the end result playing second fiddle. With Washington and Cleveland both having two starting positions still partially open there will be no shortage of commitment. Coach Brown gets his first taste of head coaching and will be feeling slightly under pressure for this much hyped team to perform. With Brown pushing them, I feel the Cavalier's will push that little bit harder and come out with a 9 point win. But picking results in these games are a stab in the dark.

Last edited:
Re: Cavaliers @ Wizards - Preseason

Obviously these rosters are subject to change. Hard to pick what will go on in a season opening preseason game. I'm looking forward to seeing what Snow produces. He seems to have a chip on his shoulder and might come out aggresive.

Awsome preview KING Karma!

I am excited to see (or hear) how well our new Cavalier players perform.

Back to listening to Joe Tait for a whole month, that is always fun.

Of course, I am predicting a Cavalier win here.

LBJ/LH > JH/CB No doubt in my mind that the Cavaliers will win the matchup at the wing spots.

I don't really see our core guys playing heavy minutes, meaning Z/Bron/Hughes. I am expecting to see alot of Luke Jackson, Sasha Pavlovic during game situations, and alot of Drew Gooden for some reason.

Will any of the preseason games be televised, even tape delayed? Hopefully NBAtv shows a bunch of them...

With Ira Newble sitting out we get to see Sasha and Luke for extended minutes. This I'm sure will please most fans.

Ill be there, floor seats. im so excited.

Be sure to give us a detailed recap James. Take a note pad and pen. James23 the scout for RCF!

Karma said:
Be sure to give us a detailed recap James. Take a note pad and pen. James23 the scout for RCF!

ill take tons of pics.

May as well throw ljax33's picture in there over newbles Karma :)

Great to click on to RealCavsFan to see a game preview.!! Summer is over and time to shift gears and get back to the Cavs. Great preview Karma, your work here always has me clicking back for more. Looking forward to another cavs season and the best Cavs website on the net....!!!

michael ruffin looks like Mr. Ed

Now that i look at em, the Wizards really aren't looking half bad. They got a solid starting 5 and a decently deep bench, especially at the guards. The play of Hayes as a starter is going to be pretty important to their success this year, we'll see. Their weakness seems to be size though. Antawn is solid at the 4, but besides that, their bigs seem lacking.

James 23 said:
ill take tons of pics.

We all know what will be in those pictures....SHOES, SHOES, and nothing but SHOES! :eek:

:thumbup:

Defensively the Wizards will struggle. Jamison is poor at the four, but Haywood at center is decent when his head is screwed on straight. They need Etan Thomas healthy to give them a reasonable rotation, otherwise Jamison will be burned out. Arenas will carry more a load offensively at guard and Hayes wuill actually be asked to his best impression of a consistent basketballer. Daniels and Butler were sloid pickups as they will give them a reliable veteran influence in the backcourt.

I applaud them for a nice offseason, reminiscent of the one we had during Boozergate. They added a position that needed depth with the Signing of Antonio Daniels regarded as the best PG on the market. They traded dead weight in "bust" Kwame Brown for a former lottery pick whos got game in Caron Butler and added another point in Chucky Atkins essentially allowing Arenas to slide to SG if he likes much like Philly did with AI. They are weak at the 4 though Jamison is a SF in my book and Etan Thomas will give you nothing but put backs no mid range game or post moves to speak of. We are clearly the better team as evident by us taking there 2nd best player.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."