• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Week 4 2018 | Browns @ Raiders

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Randolphkeys

I'm Just Second-hand Strus
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm a Browns fan and I am having trouble containing my optimism. That's usually a sign that I will end my night depressed and puking up my dinner on a Sunday night, however there's reasons to feel good about this one.

It's a beautiful day in the Bay Area right now. Not even S.F. has a cloud in the sky. The Browns will face an 0-3 team with a formidible crowd factor, however they have been kicked in the teeth and seem far from a cohesive group.

The Raiders offensive line has some talent, namely guard Osemele, but they have been pourous overall in pass pro and unable to open holes. This has led Gruden to get away from using the whole field to pass and instead throw short timing routes. Carr has also been limited by his short passing windows, despite some real talent at the skill positions. That's a very exploitable weakness for the Browns front seven, who are getting to the QB better than any other defense in franchise history.

On the other side, the Oakland Raiders have depth at cornerback but have yet to overcome the loss of Mack. It's going to be a good situation for Baker's first start, Black Hole and all.

Vegas still thinks the Raiders are favored by 2 1/2. I'd put money on the Browns here. The argument I'm hearing in the Bay is that the Raider's season is essentially over if they can't win today. We may see a team going all in to get the win... but I have the Browns winning outright.

Corbett a healthy scratch for the second time in four weeks.

Corbett a healthy scratch for the second time in four weeks.

Strange. I get that he was a left tackle in college and has to adapt to a new position. He doesn't have tackle size for the NFL... but he was also very effective in the preseason, especially in run blocking. Odd.

Strange. I get that he was a left tackle in college and has to adapt to a new position. He doesn't have tackle size for the NFL... but he was also very effective in the preseason, especially in run blocking. Odd.

Obviously I don't want to find out, but I'm really curious who would snap the ball in case of an emergency.

I guess Watford in a pinch.

Fully expecting a stinker. Not because “Oh it’s the Browns” but traveling across the country is statistically challenging. Even if they lose, still think they can do nice things this year.

Mayfield is a rookie, I expect him to make mistakes eventually.

But not today, we are gonna crush em.

EVERYTHING is pointing to good Browns performance. They had three extra days to prepare. The Raiders are struggling right now, they don't protect their QB well or rush the passer well. They have a ton of momentum going to Mayfield and on the backs of the first win.

I genuinely expect a clunker.

May the baker mania begin

Baker with three touchdowns!!

Let’s go Browns!!

Got baker stating this week on two fantasy teams.

I have a lot of Browns in my Draftkings lineup.....

What happens when the bengals game goes past 4

Edit - never mind they’re on Fox

Last edited:
Anyone know a free way to listen to the game? Would love to follow at work.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."