• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

What Television shows and Movies are you ashamed to love?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

TyGuy

Make America a good boy again.
Reaction score
This is probably long overdue, but what Television shows and or Movies are you ashamed to love? I'm expecting a good turnout from the married gents and guys with significant others; @Nicky you can play too obviously.

Okay, I will kick things off here. I actually find myself enjoying both Poldark and Outlander. My lady friend really likes these period piece romantic with political intrigue shows and books. I would have never even given these type of shows a chance if I was single, but they are both very well acted, and it's fun taking a glimpse back in time.

I also am willing to watch anything Tom Cruise is in. This is actually not as shameful admittedly, but i couldn't really think of anything else at the moment.

Here are links for the shows I mentioned earlier; you can tell by the thumbnail how shameful they are.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3636060/?ref_=nv_sr_1
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3006802/?ref_=nv_sr_1

I'm forced to watch everything from The Bachelor family. It's silly, but they deliver an entertaining product at least.

I'm forced to watch everything from The Bachelor family. It's silly, but they deliver an entertaining product at least.
My mom watches that stuff and is really into it. She discusses it on forums I believe. Thank science that my lady isn't into that show. I just cant do reality tv though. Every once in awhile she will put on a show like the kardashians and I just can't do it. I will sneak away and play counter-strike or tf2.

Should I be embarrassed of Naked and Afraid?

I'm not.

My mom watches that stuff and is really into it. She discusses it on forums I believe. Thank science that my lady isn't into that show. I just cant do reality tv though. Every once in awhile she will put on a show like the kardashians and I just can't do it. I will sneak away and play counter-strike or tf2.

The shows women watch are absolutely fucking putrid. Bachelor/Bachelorette, all the Kardashian shows, other lame ass reality shows...

They're unbelievably awful. Nothing redeeming.

Men generally like far higher quality television than women.

The shows women watch are absolutely fucking putrid. Bachelor/Bachelorette, all the Kardashian shows, other lame ass reality shows...

The cooking ones I can stand sometimes. Like where they renovate bars, restaurants, ect. They too seem so fake and scripted though. The one where they bid on storage lockers was amusing for a couple of episodes, but it gets old really, really fast. I can watch Andrew Zimmern eating weird ass shit all the time though. That dude cracks me up with how happy he always seems.

The good thing is I just have to be in the room. I usually am watching something on youtube or playing my 3DS while she watches, but I must admit that I find myself playing attention some of the time.

I would agree with this to an extent.

When I show my wife what o would consider a good movie or tv show she enjoys it, but her first preference is always the shitty stuff.

I don't watch TV, but when I do:
- LOST- it got cliche to like it; and I liked the end
- Any and every Nazi show on the 'learning' channels, especially the ones about super secret weapons that never even left the engineers notebook

- most Disney channel shows- they all follow the same formula but Disney finds young talent that are funny. Plus its cool to see what happens to the vast majority of alumni that don't morph into Wrecking Balls.

- Phineas and Ferb

- the staged auto shop themed reality shows. They are awful but the cars are cool. There is one on now, some guy who turns a profit buying/selling, don't even know the name. 'Something' garage. But it is so horribly scripted that it's funnier than it should be.

Movies:
Hudson Hawk
The Notebook
Mr Deeds (one latter day Sandler movie I could watch over and over, I guess BC it is a Jerry Lewis remake and that is about Sandler's level)
Man of Steel
The latest Godzilla movie
Cloverfield
Pacific Rim (the flaccid sword is the greatest weapon EVAR)
The Anne Hathaway princess movies
That one princess movie with Amy Adams
Song of the South
The Day the Clown Cried

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093507/

And I would like to see someone beat this 80s recommendation.
Do you still love it? Or did you lvoe it as a kid? I loved He-man when i was a little tyke. I remember when I was little visiting my grandparents in doylestown and fighting with my cousin over watching He-man or my little pony.

Do you still love it? Or did you lvoe it as a kid? I loved He-man when i was a little tyke. I remember when I was little visiting my grandparents in doylestown and fighting with my cousin over watching He-man or my little pony.

Both you and your cousin are queers. This explains the great hair.

Bet he's got a better hairline than you tho.

Both you and your cousin are queers. This explains the great hair.

Bet he's got a better hairline than you tho.
My cousin is actually a lesbian. Her hair is dyed like teal or something right now.

Last edited:
My cousin is actually a lesbian. Her hair is dyed like teal or something right now.

So I was 2/2.

Did she beat you up until you agreed to watch He-Man?

Last edited:

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."