• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Where do you get your haircut? Styling tips and products.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Where do you go to get your haircut?

• Barbershop

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Hair Salon

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Supercuts/Great Clips/ Sports Clips/Cheap hair cut place

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters

TyGuy

Make America a good boy again.
Reaction score
This place has a curious fascination with hair. We love to talk about who has the best and worst hairlines (jigo in particular). I was wondering what joints everybody frequents to keep up appearances? Do you prefer the classic short haircut with the option of a how towel shave? Do you enjoy the expensive upscale salon? Or do you not give a shit and just go to a random cheap spot one a month so you don't look like such a damn hippy?

I have been to all three, but these days I have been going old school with the barbershop. If you want a good short haircut, specifically if you want a great clipper cut on the sides; there really is no alternative to a good barber.

Ideally I would be able to add a second poll within here to add which kind of styling products everybody uses. So, feel free to also add what you are using to style your hair.

I like to add a little bit of gel to my towel dried hair out of the shower. I then blow dry it to give it some really good volume. After that I put in some hair wax so that i can shape it and then I finish it off with a hair spray. Doing that gives me a style that will last all day, as long as it doesn't start dumping rain.

Last edited:
When I was playing the field, I'd blow $30+ on a good haircut. Now I'm married and I'm lucky if I get an hour to myself. I rock the $10 haircut by an Asian guy who barely speaks English. If I give him specific instructions he nods his head and gives me the exact same haircut he was planning to give me. I'm just happy to be in my late 30s with hair on my head.

The haircut is the great equalizer for men. Women have their makeup and all we really have is our hair and also good clothes (unless you live in Korea of course). My old lady teases me for what I do with my hair; it was actually her that got me to change my hair completely and then complains if I don't do my hair on a daily basis.

Military style cut, ten bucks every two weeks.

Gel depends on your specific type of hair and length

You wax and blow dry your dong??? :doh (1):

To be fair, Northern California has had a lot more rain this week than the past two years. This is a timely concern for a dude living in Sacramento.

Arguably more dongs this week as well.

Sister was trained and taught aveda and cut my hair till she moved. I now go to lady and gentlemen s spa in legacy, thirty bucks but worth it.

Good haircut is key, rocking the side part David Beckham.

David-Beckham-hairstyles-2014-23-625x1024.jpg

Military style cut, ten bucks every two weeks.

Gel depends on your specific type of hair and length
Wait, so you spend all this time sculpting your body only to get a haircut that is fit for a recruiter? Dave, I'm extremely disappointed.

Sister was trained and taught aveda and cut my hair till she moved. I now go to lady and gentlemen s spa in legacy, thirty bucks but worth it.

Good haircut is key, rocking the side part David Beckham.

David-Beckham-hairstyles-2014-23-625x1024.jpg
A barber can also hook that haircut up. Im going short on the sides with it longer up top and have the side part going.

A barber can also hook that haircut up. In going short on the sides with it longer up top and have the aide part going.

Trick is finding the stylist who can fade it up correctly. Also she started actually shaving in the side part, makes doing your hair so damn easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trick is finding the stylist who can fade it up correctly. Also she started actually shaving in the side part, makes doing your hair so damn easy.

Indeed, I'm going to get a hard part with my next haircut.

Anyone looking for someone in Cleveland ask for Elaine at lady ad gentleman's spa in legacy. She is amazing

Stylist. Been following her around for 8 years from place to place. She is OCD about hair, which I like, since I am not. I think a good hair cut is worth it when you are in the professional (post college world).

I am growing my hair out to donate it, so I have to get it to 6 inches. Insert penis length joke. I am currently rocking the soccer cut with buzzed side, long top, and a line etched where I part it on the side. One side has thin line for most days, other side has more styled thicker line for swag/young clients/weekends out. It's pretty stylized, and that is what I am going for. It takes me 2 minutes to put in some wax and dry it under a hand dryer at the gym, as I now go from home to gym to work.

Looks like this with a longer top and not as clumpy and sides aren't that short at the moment:
soccer_best_haircuts_2014_soccer_players_haircuts_.jpg

I must confess that now that this look is becoming pervasive, I will have to look to (yet again) sell high and innovate. Might just keep growing it out and go for the Gordon Gekko/Pat Riley look on the top, with shorter sides:chuckle:

The Barbershop of Cary. Only takes cash and has two TVs one with old Westerns and one with SC. Took me 2.5 years to find a place down here in Raleigh and damnit it's the best haircut I've ever got.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."