• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Which team in the west is the biggest threat to the Cavs?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Which team in the west is the biggest threat to the Cavs?

• Total voters

noamg

Towel Waver
Reaction score
It seems we can beat any team in a 7 games series, but still, I wonder which teams in the west can manage to give us a good fight...

Still the Spurs for me...

Then Memphis & Portland

Grizzlies and Spurs are the only ones I think.

I don't think teams like the Warriors, Thunder, and Clippers can beat the Cavs. Cavs excel at uptempo games. I think in order for you to have a chance you need to be able to grind the games to a halt on defensive end. Also while no one can stop Lebron you need someone that will be able to at least pester him the entire game which none of the 3 teams above have.

The only teams that concern me [in a series]: healthy Oklahoma City, Golden State, and Dallas.

I hate Dallas. For whatever reason we have a history of sucking against them. So does LeBron.

The Spurs scare me to death. Despite them playing their worst basketball in, well...., ever, they are still the favorites to me. I can't bet against Pop and the Spurs.

The Spurs scare me to death. Despite them playing their worst basketball in, well...., ever, they are still the favorites to me. I can't bet against Pop and the Spurs.
If OKC overtakes the Spurs then San Antonio becomes the 8 seed. Scariest 8 seed of all time? I think so.

Oklahoma City is the only team in the NBA, imo, with top end talent comparable to the Cavs. As a result, they scare me. The fact that those three guys have an NBA finals already under their belt doesn't help.

San Antonio is the defending champion. They didn't really lose anyone. They have to be considered a threat.

Golden State is terrifying because they remind me of Dwight's Orlando team that knocked out the Cavs in 08-09. Not because of their game plan, but just the idea of a team getting so hot from 3 that they simply can't lose. All it takes is a few games where they can't miss and nobody can beat them in a series. Hopefully they flame out or lose due to a shooting slump before the finals.

Memphis is kind of a threat to me because of their style. I think Kevin Love would really struggle in that series, but at the same time, part of me thinks the Cavs' talent would simply win out in a series against the Grizzlies. I guess I look at them as a dark horse, but I don't really see them advancing that far anyway.

Portland, the Clippers, Houston, and Dallas are all teams I'd welcome.

Judging by yesterday's game i would have to vote for the Warriors.
We actually didnt handle their ball movement so well, they had alot of convenient shots, at some point they were averaging 26%.
Cant see that happening oftenly, let alone Bron's incredible effort last night

Memphis, hands down.

Marc Gasol is such a terrific player, and if he is healthy, he would be able to give us real problems. Also they have a pretty good defender in Allen.

Golden State... all day long.

It's the only team on the list that can really pour on points in extremely short periods of time. It's the only team in the league that could beat us, even on our best day, no matter what we do.

Curry and Thompson are a lethal combination.

Unlike Mike Brown, Blatt adjusted. His defensive assignments and the system we ran during last nights game where by all measure, simply perfect.

I have confidence that Blatt can coach this team to victory; that LeBron is ready to become the most beloved sports icon in Cleveland history; and that Kyrie can be that 1b scoring option on a nightly basis. We've got the pieces to do it, to beat any team in the league in 7 games.

It's just that GSW has the ability to explode on any given night and put games simply out of reach, in a span of just a few minutes.

I wouldn't ever count out Golden State. Even last night, with a 15-point lead for much of the game, announcers and some of us here on RCF stated openly, this game is anything but over.

Voted Memphis. Damn, the West is brutal.

My fervent hope is that Golden State matches up with a recuperated, rested, and ready Oklahoma City and gets the surprise of their lives.

That would be the perfect set of conditions, IMHO.

My fervent hope is that Golden State matches up with a recuperated, rested, and ready Oklahoma City and gets the surprise of their lives.

That would be the perfect set of conditions, IMHO.
I definitely believe a fully healthy Thunder team beats them in a series.

I definitely believe a fully healthy Thunder team beats them in a series.

They definitely could.. OKC could take any team, with varying degrees of likelihood, in 7 games.

In a perfect world, I'd like to see
R1. GSW v. OKC
R2. GSW v. HOU
WCF. GSW v MEM
Finals. ??? vs CLE

Lololol.....

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."