• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Who is the 2nd Best Cleveland Athlete Right Now?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who is the Second Best Athlete in Cleveland Right Now?

• Total voters

Steve_424

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I've thrown this out a few times and I'm interested to see the responses come in. Who is the second best right now after LeBron?

Kluber is still in his prime. Multiple Cy Youngs. I think it's clearly him.

Lindor is the second biggest personality/face of Cleveland sports. Thomas arguably has 2nd best overall career in the city right now. But Kluber is the best athlete next to LeBron. It was a shame he threw garbage against the Yanks, but what are you gonna do? Lindor and Ramirez weren't good either and Thomas has never sniffed the playoffs (not blaming him but ugh).

EDIT: Love has a case as well because he's still prime and putting up 20-10 as an All-Star, but there is zero question that Kluber is a more valuable asset to the Indians than Love is to the Cavs.

Where is the Stipe Miocic option?

I put in "Other" for selections like Stipe but my initial thought was more in terms of Indians/Cavs/Browns. Personally, I don't watch UFC so there's no way I'd even know how to begin to compare a UFC fighter to a "Big 3" athlete.

Joe Thomas will go down as one of the best offensive lineman to ever play football

Other names may be hot right now, but it’s Thomas for me

Lindor is my personal favorite, but none come close to LeBron's legacy he will leave here.

Where is the LeBron option?

Obviously Michael Martinez is #1. Dude plays every position.

So I'm bumping this thread for two reasons:

1) This poll is less than 14 months old and look how many of the players are gone. Lindon will be gone when some team offers him $500 million over 15 years. Plus the best athlete is also long gone and on load management to get himself ready for the arduous draft lottery.

2) Who IS the second best athlete in Cleveland now?

Professional sports player or athlete?

Because OBJ is probably the best athlete and it may not be close.

Where does Myles Garrett rank in this discussion?

Myles Garrett is probably in the top 3 with Baker and OBJ right now. Not sure what the order would be. Love and Lindor probably round out the top 5. I think the next 5 to make a top 10 would be the hardest to nail down.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."