• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Who is the first Cleveland coach to go?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who will be replaced first?

• David Blatt

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Terry Francona

Votes: 12 46.2%
  • Mike Pettine

Votes: 14 53.8%

• Total voters

KCOTT

OSU Alum
Reaction score
I can't think of a time in Cleveland sports where I love all three coaches that are employed by their respective teams. Terry Francona is my favorite skipper since the glory days of the 90's with Mike Hargrove. David Blatt is intriguing, very energetic, and an interesting person who is fascinating to listen to talk basketball. I think the players in Cleveland are going to really enjoy him. Mike Pettine seems like a guy who the players will want to play for and respect. Also, the Browns roster is dramatically improved in my opinion and I think the team will start to do well. I think we will finally have continuity in Cleveland Browns football. With that said, I hope all these guys are here for a very long time. I often wonder who will end up being replaced first.

I could see Francona quitting after two more seasons out of the playoffs.

Most likely to get fired is definitely Blatt simply based off the unknown factor and all it takes is a strained relationship for LeBron to get canned.

Tito honestly could step down at any time, but I don't count him stepping down as being "replaced".

Most likely to get fired is Pettine, just giving the Browns track record of coaches.

The most likely to be fired would have to be Pettine. Haslam factor.

But he will get 2 years at least.

Francona will have the job as long as he wants it imo.

Not worried about Blatt. I mean sure, there will be some issues with LeBron and others. But he has too much basketball knowledge to not make it work with LeBron.

I'll say Blatt is the least likely.

Oh boy.

Honestly? Pettine. We all know about the revolving door of names we have had at the head coaching position with the Browns.
The Cavaliers would have to seriously perform below expectations for Blatt to be fired.
And Francona is Francona. Dude is allowed a bad season here and there. Besides, despite our record and inconsistency this season, we are still in the Wild Card race, yet again, so I could see him being the manager until he retires.

might be changing my vote to pettine

I feel like the safe answer is always whoever is coaching the Browns. They go 4-12 every year. That's not exactly a recipe for long-term success. Of course, part of the reason they go 4-12 every year is probably because they keep firing coaches before they have the chance to properly implement a system.

The Browns are a flat circle.

Oh, this is easy....
1. Pettine
2. Blatt
3. Tito

Pettine has the slipperiest slope. We have a wildcard owner, who is either crazy like a fox or just has no flipping clue what he is doing. He was not hired by this GM, and Farmer is no fool- if he and Pettine do not see eye to eye or he doesn't feel Pettine can work with the players he gets him, he will move on to his hire. Every single GM does this and it only makes sense. And that again comes back to the owner, who fires the FO that hired the coach right after they hire the coach... we all know the story.

2. Blatt has to win, and win now. He has a similar issue to Pettine- the previous handpicked guy got axed after one year. Another issue will be Blatt's personality. Hearing lots of comparisons to Larry Brown, in that he is a hell of a coach but his players get sick of it, and vice versa. Might be why he bounced around so much in Europe despite having so much success. I frankly could see either situation- he flames out immediately, unable to turn the Cavs into an instant contender. OR, he is the real deal, kicks the team in the ass, but in a couple years the team gets sick of his style and the guy who kicks players off the national team midgame gets sick of the team's attitude. IF he were to leave, I put this as the more likely scenario. But folks, you have to acknowledge the smoke with this guy so far. He gets talked up as a great mind and coach, but then you have to remember the NBA doesn't suffer coaches like that too often. Maybe he is Pops, maybe he is Brown, maybe he is Skiles, but the smoke is there. He certainily has the highest ceiling of the 3 considering the talent and his background. Going to be fun.

3. Tito only leaves if Tito feels he is done managing. He didn't come here with the expectation to win titles, otherwise he would not have come here. He isn't going to act like a petulant fan and quit on the team because they don't make the playoffs, because he didn't come here for the fans. He came here because of the respect he has for our FO and the relationship he has with Shapiro and Antonetti. If for some reason one or both left for another team, that might be a possiblity, too, but the only way Tito goes is if he gets burned out or feels his time is done. he doesn't seem burned out to me, but he has also gone through some family stuff since coming here so maybe. Job security wise, though, his is the most iron-clad.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."