• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Who Will Be the Most Disappointing Cleveland Indian in 2015

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Oi

Ahhhh chachachacha
Reaction score
In 2014, Jason Kipnis was the obvious choice with an absolutely putrid season. Swisher would have been it, but his sucking was pretty well anticipated. Bourn is older than Julio Franco, so again...expectations weren't high enough to call him the biggest disappointment.

Expectations will be high for Yan Gomes, so I could see him falling off the map entirely. But Chiz had a hot start followed by a Kipnis-like second half of the season.

To me it's between those two, but I'll give the edge to Gomes because he's getting some play in the national media.

Who do you guys not expect to have a shitty season?

Here's some bonus footage of Gomes and Chiz preparing to disappoint this season:

shitting.gif

Jigo made a serious Indians thread. World must be going to end soon.

I'm going to go with either Carlos Carrasco or Cody Allen. Both had very good seasons and I see them both as regression candidates, Carrasco moreso than Allen.

At $14M per year I dont see how it wasn't Swisher...it will continue to be Swisher too.

At $14M per year I dont see how it wasn't Swisher...it will continue to be Swisher too.

I took it in terms of expectations for next season. I already expect Swisher to suck, so it won't be surprising at all for him to bat .210 with a half dozen homers over 75 games next season.

2014 was Justin Masterson for me. People forgot about him because Kluber was so good. And while Masterson was certainly hot and cold, I don't think a complete train-wreck was expected at all.

2015: I'll go with Cody Allen. Bullpens are flukey and you never really know what you're going to get.

On offense, I'm not sure. The only ones who really exceeded expectations last year were Gomes and Brantley. We have a lot of bounce back candidates in our lineup.

Gavin Floyd just signed for 4 million. He is assured to be a waste of money because that is what free agent pitchers not named Dennis Martinez do in Cleveland.

I'm going with the "All-Star" the Indians just traded for who hit 25 homers and batted .230. What an All-Star. Indians making big moves. World Series champs 2015.

I'm going with the "All-Star" the Indians just traded for who hit 25 homers and batted .230. What an All-Star. Indians making big moves. World Series champs 2015.

Lol

Gavin Floyd just signed for 4 million. He is assured to be a waste of money because that is what free agent pitchers not named Dennis Martinez do in Cleveland.

I'll Scott Kazmir for $500, Alex

Just lower your expectations and you won't be disappointed.

Having lofty expectations for a $4M/1yr deal is what doesn't make much sense to me in the first place.

People who complain about this stuff kill me, I mean honestly :chuckle:

Edison Volquez signed for 2/$20M today. It could be worse.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."