• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Who's Gone This Offseason?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who Will Be Gone This Off-Season?

• Ray Farmer (Lack of impact players, ?able picks, some good finds after Rd 1)

Votes: 55 85.9%
  • Mike Pettine (No discipline, ?able decisions, seems to have lost team, shows fight at times)

Votes: 43 67.2%
  • Jim O'Niell (D has been disaster, especially considering expectations, many injuries)

Votes: 56 87.5%
  • John DeFillipo (promising run game non-existent, Duke?, McCown better than expected)

Votes: 32 50.0%

• Total voters

bornjoke

Gold Star Member
Reaction score
The one thing I think we all can agree on is that someone is get canned for this season. The big question is who. We can use this thread to post both predictions of who's gone and/or our personal wishes of who they want gone.

Here's the guys on the hot seat:
Mike Pettine
Ray Farmer
Jim O'Neil
John DeFilippo
(and why not include players on this)
Johnny Manziel
Any other player

The entire front office and coaching staff NEED to go.

I am nervous though that Jimmy won't do it, particularly because he has no interest in paying 3 sets of coaches next year.

He's had rather shallow pockets since he got here, and I suspect he might be looking at the cost of another overhaul as prohibitive given what it would cost to get qualified people in here on top of paying 2 fired staffs.

I had thought it was a foregone conclusion everyone goes, but something just doesn't seem right.

Times like this, it's important to remember the absence of mediocrity isn't always the same as competency. If the Browns have a vision and they are confident all the parts will fall into place, make a change at the top. Otherwise, we might see the same thing that happened two years ago: Openings no highly qualified candidate would touch.

I don't know if you ditch Johnny unless a team (read: cowboys) offers you a deal you cannot pass up. (A 2nd round pick at the bare minninum). Sunken cost and all.

I think you keep him, but I also wouldn't be afraid to draft a QB if you've got the number 1 pick in the draft.

I'd hire Kosar during the bye week, and while I wouldn't give him an official role quite yet. I'd tell him simply this:

"This thing needs changed. I want you to give me an outline of what needs to be done, who needs to be hired after I clean house. I need you to see what players are worth keeping and whether we can do something with Johnny. We'll keep him for a year or until some other team wants him.".

Pettine and his entire staff would be gone. Farmer would also be gone. Anyone who has a philosophy like either of these two? Gone.

From there I look to build an NFL team that would look somewhat modern. I'd emphasize a passing offense and try to get as much offensive talent on this football team.

Continuity is fine and good but what if the guys we are keeping are complete shit? Ugh

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Otherwise, we might see the same thing that happened two years ago: Openings no highly qualified candidate would touch.

That had as much to do with the presence of Joe Banner as anything. This will be our first coaching search with him out of the picture, and it should help matters.

I was for keeping Pettine, knowing no one respectable is coming here. But he's lost the team so badly, guys aren't getting better under his watch.

A complete overhaul needs to happen. The Browns are in a bad position either way.

Here's to hoping the Patriots win the Super Bowl, and McDaniels takes mercy on us and becomes the next head coach.

That might be the only good candidate that would consider the job.

Entire staff & front office. Clean em out.

I would say Pettine, but I don't think he will be around long enough to get rid of him in the offseason.

Farmer, O'Neil, Manziel

Farmer will go. Manziel and Gilbert? Erving? Good god.

Pettine will get one final shot to prove himself and will likely have to sacrifice someone, probably the D-Coordinator.

Pettine and his coaching staff gets cleaned out (although I would be fine with keeping some of the offensive staff around if the next coach is okay with it), Farmer gets a second shot with his guy as HC (I think partly because he fell on the sword for Haslam in the texting debacle), and Johnny is our QB going into next season as we use our first pick on Bosa or Nkemdiche.

Edit: Basically worst case scenario for the majority of this board. :chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."