• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Who's your Training Camp surprise?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mott the Hoople

NBA Starter
Reaction score
Training Camp is almost here. While it's too late for a countdown thread, we can still discuss our expectations.
The veterans will take it slow at first, learning Blatt's system and hoping not to pull muscles. But the kids will be balling out hoping to catch somebody's eye.

My candidate for "All Cleveland Clinic Court Team" is Joe Harris. He played plenty of college ball and looked promising in summer league. Plus - he's a shooter, and that's what gets noticed.

I don't expect any. I don't think we've ever really had a training camp surprise. Maybe some training camp blunders. *cough* Manny Harris ahead of Danny Green *cough*

I suppose you could say Delly was a camp surprise, but I'd argue he was more of a Summer League surprise, and anyone reading @Randolphkeys and @RchfldCavRaised posts last May and June knew he was more than your average camp invitee.

If I had to pick somebody, I'm gonna say Amundsen. Not because I think he'll blow anybody away in camp, but a lot of the backchannel chatter from Lloyd and others last week sure sounds like there is a lot of support from both players and front office to have him make the final roster. Guys all around seem to really like him.

I think that new guy forget his name but he's #23 is going to be really good. Like MVP level good.

His hairline is impeccable. Puts Paul George's to shame.

Does "No Ray Allen" count as a surprise at this point?

And you are right. Late blooming hair follicles are always a surprise.

lebron-hairline_c0-0-640-373_s561x327.jpg

Training Camp is almost here. While it's too late for a countdown thread, we can still discuss our expectations.
The veterans will take it slow at first, learning Blatt's system and hoping not to pull muscles. But the kids will be balling out hoping to catch somebody's eye.

My candidate for "All Cleveland Clinic Court Team" is Joe Harris. He played plenty of college ball and looked promising in summer league. Plus - he's a shooter, and that's what gets noticed.

I like Harris too. I believe when Miller, Marion, possibly Allen, Jones declined, Harris will be our shooter of the bench. He'll get all the knowledge from our vet shooters. Everysecond he's been arround them helps him to be more effective. Also he was a winner in Collage and he was their leader. So he's not some just jerk who takes his shots and leaves. He sacrificed his stats for the better of the team in that ACC Championship run. He may not athletic to be a great defender but he's trying in that end too.

I would love a "surprise" trade with the Utah expirings in the next 7 days so we did not waste two assets for nothing. At this point, I dont even think it has to be a center in return, just get someone back that is good enough to be on the active roster and provides good depth at any position.

I dont think its going to be a surprise, but im guessing we are going to hear a lot about how good dion looks and how he is all about being a team player

Really hope Lou turns it around and we hear some buzz about him, here's hoping.

Agree Joe Harris should look good

Alex Kirk is going to dominate.

Starting center by the all-star break. Book it.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."