• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Windhorst Radio Show & Updates

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

theSTEREO.

The second of his name.
Reaction score
I know this was tried once before and the thread just devolved into people either being for or against Windy in general. If you wanna sound off about him, there's a thread for it here:

http://realcavsfans.com/community/index.php?threads/windhorst-wknr.44910/

Otherwise, however you feel about him, he has really good and interesting info on the Cavs and I feel like it's not getting picked up on elsewhere.

Here are some highlights from today's show:

Audio link to the Podcast

- Sky is not falling over the Cavs hotel. They're all in fine spirits.

- Lebron's words to Kyrie weren't any different or worse than what he said publicly. Said it wasn't really a huge deal, at least not more than what we all heard.

- Lebron's public comments so far are fascinating, and Windy is loving watching Lebron "go to work" on this team and shape it the way he wants to see it. Doesn't see it as a negative and that they will be totally fine in the long run.

- He totally saw the slow start coming, even though he would've picked different games for the wins and losses. But overall this was expected and shouldn't concern fans.

- Dion is very much on board with the program and isn't railing against anything. Just needs to find his way, and he's trying.

- Kyrie is resisting more. Windy says Kyrie is one of the most talented player he's ever seen and has good reason to believe he's great. Kyrie may believe he's the best offensive player on the team.

- Kyrie showed he can distribute effectively because he did it with Team USA. Thinks he's just stating his case right now through his play, but thinks ultimately he will get on board. Overall, not concerned.

- Thinks Lebron was secretly happy they lost to the Jazz. Doesn't want Kyrie and other guys to think that putting up big scoring numbers with record low assists is good enough to win a game.

- Lebron has a lot of support in the locker room. Miller, Jones, Marion, Haywood, Dion, Tristan, Andy, etc. Eventually Kyrie and anyone else somewhat resisting will come around.

- Blatt hasn't had a good week, but you can tell he is making adjustments when things don't work. Blatt isn't crazy about being treated like a rookie coach, but what can you do.

- Thinks Kyrie signed his extension thinking he was gonna be the man and had no idea about Lebron. (My note: I don't believe this one tiny bit)

- Kevin Love is doing fine. Not rocking the boat, and will become more involved in the offense as the team learns to play together. Really will be felt in transition game, but the Cavs aren't getting stops, and therefore, no transition game right now. That will change.

- There is a 5 game homestand late in December. Includes Hawks, Grizz, Nets, Hornets, Wolves. Said that will be the real test of how the Cavs are doing. The games right now aren't really indicative of long term success.

- Advanced stats show Kyrie dribbling more per possession than ever. Lebron too actually. That needs to change, and should.

- If we are having these conversations again in the middle of the winter, we'll have a problem. But right now, Windy has no long term concerns whatsoever.

- Addressed the question about Lebron's explosiveness. Said that's getting way overblown. His back may be bothering him a bit, and he's missing a lot of shots in the paint which is "a little bit, maybe, worth paying attention to", but all in all, not an issue at all. Maybe the weight loss could affect him a bit if he's guarding power forwards or centers, but overall not really an issue. Wouldn't pay much attention to it.

- Any possibility of Kyrie or Dion being traded is way way way off. Not that it won't be considered in the far off future, but nothing worth discussing at all right now. Not even on the minds of the Cavs front office. Gotta get these guys a lot of experience playing with Lebron first.

- Said in his opinion, resting Lebron and other guys a lot on in preseason was probably a mistake. They could've used the practice together.

- Thinks Lebron played a role in Dion going to the bench. Wants to get more time with Marion and Miller.

- Cavs might be in the backup point guard market. Even outside Will Cherry. Need some more cover for Delly, and that was one of the reasons for moving Dion to the bench. To cover for Delly.

- GOTTA improve defensively. The spotlight is on the Lebron Kyrie thing, but the glaring problem is defense. But it is progressing, and the second half against Utah showed it.

- Cavs still looking for a center. Still VERY interested in Mozgov. Looking to use the Bogans exception to get him. Windy went on to explain what a TPE is. I think we all know. Cavs have multiple targets in mind, and will plan to use the TPE by February.

- Thought the Andy deal was very fair and good for both parties.

- Was surprised a Tristan deal didn't get done. Didn't sound like they were very close yet. He guessed Cavs were willing to give $11 million per, Tristan wanted closer to $13 million.

- Thinks a team may take a chance on an offer sheet to Tristan.

- In response to a question about if Lebron wants Bledsoe: Thinks Bledsoe and Lebron would be an interesting pair together, but doesn't think the Suns have any interesting in trading him after making him a huge investment in him. However, Isaiah Thomas is off to a fantastic start in PHX, and could fill in for Bledsoe if he was traded.

- Weekly Non-Bold Prediction: By next Friday, we will be talking about a Cavs winning streak. Windy thinks they'll win in Denver tonight, will beat the Pels and Celts next week. 7 of the next 9 games after tonight will be at home. Felt they really got some traction in the second half against the Jazz, and that that will carry over into tonight against DEN.

- Final thought: "Yes these guys can play together. Yes they are having problems. Yes they are going to be fine. Yes they will be there at the end. No don't panic. Yes Lebron is going to be fine, he'll be an MVP candidate. Stay calm."

Thanks for taking the time to summarize and post this. Glad you set up a new thread or I probably would've missed it!

I know this was tried once before and the thread just devolved into people either being for or against Windy in general. If you wanna sound off about him, there's a thread for it here:

http://realcavsfans.com/community/index.php?threads/windhorst-wknr.44910/

Otherwise, however you feel about him, he has really good and interesting info on the Cavs and I feel like it's not getting picked up on elsewhere.

Here are some highlights from today's show:

Audio link to the Podcast

- Sky is not falling over the Cavs hotel. They're all in fine spirits.

- Lebron's words to Kyrie weren't any different or worse than what he said publicly. Said it wasn't really a huge deal, at least not more than what we all heard.

- Lebron's public comments so far are fascinating, and Windy is loving watching Lebron "go to work" on this team and shape it the way he wants to see it. Doesn't see it as a negative and that they will be totally fine in the long run.

- He totally saw the slow start coming, even though he would've picked different games for the wins and losses. But overall this was expected and shouldn't concern fans.

- Kyrie showed he can distribute effectively because he did it with Team USA. Thinks he's just stating his case right now through his play, but thinks ultimately he will get on board. Overall, not concerned.

- Thinks Lebron was secretly happy they lost to the Jazz. Doesn't want Kyrie and other guys to think that putting up big scoring numbers with record low assists is good enough to win a game.

- Lebron has a lot of support in the locker room. Miller, Jones, Marion, Haywood, Dion, Tristan, Andy, etc. Eventually Kyrie and anyone else somewhat resisting will come around.

- Blatt hasn't had a good week, but you can tell he is making adjustments when things don't work. Blatt isn't crazy about being treated like a rookie coach, but what can you do.

- Thinks Kyrie signed his extension thinking he was gonna be the man and had no idea about Lebron. (My note: I don't believe this one tiny bit)

- Kevin Love is doing fine. Not rocking the boat, and will become more involved in the offense as the team learns to play together. Really will be felt in transition game, but the Cavs aren't getting stops, and therefore, no transition game right now. That will change.

- There is a 5 game homestand late in December. Includes Hawks, Grizz, Nets, Hornets, Wolves. Said that will be the real test of how the Cavs are doing. The games right now aren't really indicative of long term success.

- Advanced stats show Kyrie dribbling more per possession than ever. Lebron too actually. That needs to change, and should.

- If we are having these conversations again in the middle of the winter, we'll have a problem. But right now, Windy has no long term concerns whatsoever.

- Addressed the question about Lebron's explosiveness. Said that's getting way overblown. His back may be bothering him a bit, and he's missing a lot of shots in the paint which is "a little bit, maybe, worth paying attention to", but all in all, not an issue at all. Maybe the weight loss could affect him a bit if he's guarding power forwards or centers, but overall not really an issue. Wouldn't pay much attention to it.

- Any possibility of Kyrie or Dion being traded is way way way off. Not that it won't be considered in the far off future, but nothing worth discussing at all right now. Not even on the minds of the Cavs front office. Gotta get these guys a lot of experience playing with Lebron first.

- Said in his opinion, resting Lebron and other guys a lot on in preseason was probably a mistake. They could've used the practice together.

- Thinks Lebron played a role in Dion going to the bench. Wants to get more time with Marion and Miller.

- Cavs might be in the backup point guard market. Even outside Will Cherry. Need some more cover for Delly, and that was one of the reasons for moving Dion to the bench. To cover for Delly.

- GOTTA improve defensively. The spotlight is on the Lebron Kyrie thing, but the glaring problem is defense. But it is progressing, and the second half against Utah showed it.

- Cavs still looking for a center. Still VERY interested in Mozgov. Looking to use the Bogans exception to get him. Windy went on to explain what a TPE is. I think we all know. Cavs have multiple targets in mind, and will plan to use the TPE by February.

- Thought the Andy deal was very fair and good for both parties.

- Was surprised a Tristan deal didn't get done. Didn't sound like they were very close yet. He guessed Cavs were willing to give $11 million per, Tristan wanted closer to $13 million.

- Thinks a team may take a chance on an offer sheet to Tristan.

- In response to a question about if Lebron wants Bledsoe: Thinks Bledsoe and Lebron would be an interesting pair together, but doesn't think the Suns have any interesting in trading him after making him a huge investment in him. However, Isaiah Thomas is off to a fantastic start in PHX, and could fill in for Bledsoe if he was traded.

- Weekly Non-Bold Prediction: By next Friday, we will be talking about a Cavs winning streak. Windy thinks they'll win in Denver tonight, will beat the Pels and Celts next week. 7 of the next 9 games after tonight will be at home. Felt they really got some traction in the second half against the Jazz, and that that will carry over into tonight against DEN.

- Final thought: "Yes these guys can play together. Yes they are having problems. Yes they are going to be fine. Yes they will be there at the end. No don't panic. Yes Lebron is going to be fine, he'll be an MVP candidate. Stay calm."

This podcast was much better than last week's.

I guess Windy's back to being the gospel around here.
Nobody said it had to be gospel. But the guy is around the team, so you can mine what you want out of it. Even I said there were a couple things I disagree with or flat out don't believe are even true.

Glad to hear that Dion is putting the work in and it is just not showing up on the court. This goes along with what Lebron was saying about how he needs to coach Dion up on the mental aspects of the game.

"

I knew Delly and Joe harris were the source of the dissent!

My only real issue is his answer around the lack of explosion.

I don't know what lack of explosion has to do with guarding PF's and Centers. I don't think anyone cares about his weight loss necessarily.

It's the lack of explosion in his first step, in the open-court, his jumping ability at the rim, and in defense. He isn't the same explosive, quick twitch guy he's been since entering the NBA. If it's an injury, a strategy of conserving energy (would be ridiculous), adjustment to his new body...that's cool and everything will be fine. But I think it's OK to point out he clearly isn't the same guy he's been the last 4 years in Miami, even in their early stretch of games to start the season.

Podcast is great my only issue is if this whole fight thing is bad info. Kyrie and Lebron are categorically denying it. Kyrie must hate windy btw

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."