• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Xbox One or Playstation 4? What are you getting?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Which are you getting?

• Playstation 4

Votes: 89 59.3%
  • Xbox One

Votes: 39 26.0%
  • Both Suck.. PC RULES!

Votes: 22 14.7%

• Total voters

ClevelandOwnz

NBA Starter
Reaction score
Which of the two will you be getting? Also if you want, tell why you are getting that over the other.

PS4.

Mostly because of the lower price, used games policy, better overall soft/hardware, and the fact that Sony tends to have better exclusives (MLB: The Show, Last of Us, etc)

PS4.

I've been a loyal customer to Xbox and live for 7 years. These policies and restrictions are bullshit to the consumer. Gamefly is a big need for me because I save money on buying games that aren't shooters or sports. I don't care about the tv shit or the other social features. I want to game. PS4 gives me the better opportunity to do that, and save money in the same process. I also like their exclusives a tad hit better although I'm going to miss Dead Rising. PlayStation won me over with a few things, reasonable price, used games availability, and that Kinect shit is suspect. Oh and the internet, wonder if my shit ever gets cut off and I'm out of interent for a month and also out of a game system that I payed a fortune for. So I'm double whammy'd.

I'm hoping a lot of others switch too just to make Microsoft pissed, it's their fault. Trying to Jew us out of extra money. $530 for the box, $60 for Live, and another $60 + for a game. That extra hundred is going to scare a lot of folks away.

Last edited:
I pre-ordered both, but highly unlikely I actually buy the Xbone at launch. I just figured it was smarter to pre-order it and decide I don't want it in October than it would be to not pre-order and then decide I want it in October once it's impossible to pre-order.

So yeah, PS4.

PS4. I was completely turned off on the Xbone when I heard all about the mandatory Kinect. No thank you.

PS4 because of shared games, no bullshit required connectivity, price, etc.

Both when they come out. Still up in the air which will be my primary. Last year I got my Xbox as my system to play the online competitive games I like, then my PS3 was for story mode games, and lil big planet. Worked out because whenever Internet goes down I pop in the PS3 and pick up an offline story mode game.

Ps4 but I'm gonna buy it after a year maybe or so

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

PS4.

Mostly because of the lower price, used games policy, better overall soft/hardware, and the fact that Sony tends to have better exclusives (MLB: The Show, Last of Us, etc)

I could be wrong but Im pretty sure Im not, The Last of Us is going to be on both platforms.

Also the systems are pretty much the exact same when it comes to specs.

PS4.

I've been a loyal customer to Xbox and live for 7 years. These policies and restrictions are bullshit to the consumer. Gamefly is a big need for me because I save money on buying games that aren't shooters or sports. I don't care about the tv shit or the other social features. I want to game. PS4 gives me the better opportunity to do that, and save money in the same process. I also like their exclusives a tad hit better although I'm going to miss Dead Rising. PlayStation won me over with a few things, reasonable price, used games availability, and that Kinect shit is suspect. Oh and the internet, wonder if my shit ever gets cut off and I'm out of interent for a month and also out of a game system that I payed a fortune for. So I'm double whammy'd.

I'm hoping a lot of others switch too just to make Microsoft pissed, it's their fault. Trying to Jew us out of extra money. $530 for the box, $60 for Live, and another $60 + for a game. That extra hundred is going to scare a lot of folks away.

And PS+ is now $60 too, so its really the extra $100 for the system.

I could be wrong but Im pretty sure Im not, The Last of Us is going to be on both platforms.

Also the systems are pretty much the exact same when it comes to specs.

The Last of Us is a Naughty Dog game, and it's PS3 exclusive just like every Naughty Dog game.

And PS+ is now $60 too, so its really the extra $100 for the system.

Except Xbox Live isn't free, so that will cost $50 to $60 too, meaning the PS4 is still a hundred bucks cheaper provided you want to play games on either system online. Also, I'm pretty sure none of the Xbone apps will work without Live, whereas the PS4's will still function regardless.

PS4. Loyal to M$ since the inception of XBox but for reasons mentioned above - I'm switching.

I'm the guy that buys 100% of my games off Ebay a month after they come out for 40%-60% the full retail price. I typically buy Elder Scrolls, DragonAge type game + Assassin's Creed + Madden/2k Title + Game(s) for my kids each year. Not a lot obviously, but what I can dedicate time to in the cold winter months when I'm bored.

5 games a year @ avg Ebay price of $35 = $125/yr in savings over what I would pay using the Xbox One pricing model.

The PS4 will pay for itself.

The Last of Us is a Naughty Dog game, and it's PS3 exclusive just like every Naughty Dog game.

Except Xbox Live isn't free, so that will cost $50 to $60 too, meaning the PS4 is still a hundred bucks cheaper provided you want to play games on either system online. Also, I'm pretty sure none of the Xbone apps will work without Live, whereas the PS4's will still function regardless.
That's exactly what I said... ps3 is charging for its online + service so the only difference is the $100 of the xboxone

Always been a Playstation girl. I don't know the specs of either system, but I've never cared for Halo. Although I won't be getting the system as soon as it comes out, as I rarely play my PS3. Eventually, it will happen.

I've been Playstation since day one, and Playstation only so yea, I think I will get a Ps4. I still play the first Playstation and Playstation 2 every once in awhile.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."