• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

You Be the GM

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Steve_424

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Let's have a little fun. Here are the rules:

1) This is your starting point.
2) You have the ability to add $15 M more to the 2016 payroll, as many have speculated that is what the Tribe will work with
3) Be as realistic as possible

Here's mine:

1) Indians trade Cody Anderson and Lonnie Chisenhall to Chicago for Jorge Soler

The Cubs have reported interest in Chis and need help in their rotation. The Indians get a young power hitter with a ton of questions but huge upside

2) Indians trade Rob Kaminsky and Erik Gonzalez to Florida for Marcell Ozuna and Martin Prado

The Marlins might be looking for starting pitching that is more ML-ready, but I'm not sure they'd pass on dumping Prado's contract for two good, young, cheap players

3) Indians sign Matt Albers for 1 year, $2 M and Tony Sipp for 2 years, $4 M

The bullpen needs some reinforcements. I've always liked Albers, and Sipp gives the Tribe a solid lefty to employ in the late innings

Final Roster

Rotation

Kluber/Carrasco/Salazar/Bauer/Tomlin

Bullpen

Allen/Shaw/Sipp/Albers/Manship/Webb/McAllister

Lineup

L-2B-Kipnis
S-1B-Santana
S-SS-Lindor
L-LF-Brantley
R-C-Gomes
R-3B-Prado
R-DH-Soler
R-RF-Ozuna
S-CF-Almonte

Bench

J. Ramirez, C. Johnson, R. Raburn, R. Perez

Not bad ideas. Seem feasible. I would hire you, and not just because I could pocket the saved 10 million. Not the kind of moves a winner like Dan Gilbert would make of he owned the team but solid ideas. I like the idea of jettisoning Kaminsky ASAP- I can't see his value ever getting higher and that shrinking K rate combined with how pedestrian he looked here in his short time has me concerned. I'm not sure the Marlins take that offer although ditching Prado may sell that trade. If I had an issue it would then be the Two headed monster of Prado and Johnson.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."