• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Your view of Colt McCoy

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

what is colt's ceiling

• future league mvp

Votes: 14 14.1%
  • top 5 qb

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • top 10 qb

Votes: 40 40.4%
  • top 15 qb

Votes: 43 43.4%

• Total voters

jonmchugh

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Hey guys, this has been being discussed on the RBS since the last 3 months. While I don't take much stock in what these knuckleheads. rizzo is defending the guy and ned and that ass hole hammer are hammering him. I would think that you can't judge the guy based on what he has around him. what do you think colt's ceiling is? is he a top 5 qb, top 10 qb, top 15? i don't think right now we can judge based on what is around him.

i go back to the draft where i wanted us to draft julio jones but i think that over all we will benefit from taking phil taylor. i just really like the kid and my feeling is that you have to get him some weapons and we can't just determine what he is yet. just wanted to get some thoughts on what you've seen from him so far.

he is great from scrambling out of the pocket and throwing on the run. is pretty accurate and i feel he has that moxy that a qb and franchise guy needs to have to lead this team. i feel that after a nother draft and getting some receivers around him he can do great things.

You say we can't judge him yet. You are correct. So why have a poll asking us to judge him?

RBS is so predictable these days. Part of why I don't listen in much anymore. Rizzo is always defending the guys with Ned and Hammer ripping them to pieces. It gets tiring. I do not know how anyone can be ripping down McCoy at this point, he isn't losing us games, and he literally has no weapons and a pretty mediocre O line that is in need of some upgrades, particularly to the right side.

What are they ripping him about? He's been very good in most aspects.

My biggest beef is that he's not stepping up in the pocket a lot of the time, but instead rolling out. Granted, he wouldn't have to do that as much if his offensive line held it together, but it's something to improve on.

He improvises about as well as you can ask for. That's been his greatest strength so far and the reason the Browns are finally putting up the big passing gains they rarely did in the past.

Allow me to say that they aren't ripping them.

They are saying that he'd be an above average QB.

The problem is the idiots listen to Rizzo who is putting words in their mouths.

I think Colt can be a very good QB in this league if he can get some talent around him and keep progressing as he has been. He's getting quicker to get out of the pocket if it's collapsing and making some really nice throws with more regularity. That TD to Moore last week, even though he had Hillis wide open with an easier throw, was a great pass and I think we can look forward to much more of that. He'll never be a howitzer-chucking horse-esque QB like Big Ben, but in a West Coast offense Colt can really thrive with some better WRs.

Give him a better set of receivers and a better right half of the line and there's no reason he can't be a top 15 QB. Like you said though, we can't fairly judge this guy when he hasn't even controlled the offense for a whole season. I expect him to get better from week to week, though.

He isn't a franchise QB imo. But he doesn't cost us any games, so am I happy with him for now.

agreed so let me ask you guys this, say colt gets hurt and we finish wtih the worst record in the league and have the 1st pick. i'm assuming we would draft luck wihtout a doubt and try and trade colt? i'm assure we would.

now, I agree Colt is a great guy, with better weapons around him and better protection he could turn into a top 10 qb in this league

Am I the only one swayed into listening to Talking Heads instead? I guess I just prefer to listen to a show where people aren't screaming over each other.

agreed so let me ask you guys this, say colt gets hurt and we finish wtih the worst record in the league and have the 1st pick. i'm assuming we would draft luck wihtout a doubt and try and trade colt? i'm assure we would.

now, I agree Colt is a great guy, with better weapons around him and better protection he could turn into a top 10 qb in this league

We take Luck, no doubt about it if we are in that position. As for the top 10 QB part, I doubt it, but who knows. I think Colt is better than a backup but he is kind of in Jason Campbell territory. Decent starter that won't make a lot of mistakes, lots of short throws, good enough to make the playoffs but not enough to win a game.

You take Luck. The guy is being touted as the next coming of Peyton Manning and this franchise needs a player like that after all these years of fail.

And don't get me wrong I like Colt but it just seems like Luck has everything you want in a franchise QB and potentially more.

Am I the only one swayed into listening to Talking Heads instead? I guess I just prefer to listen to a show where people aren't screaming over each other.

They are okay, but are a little too old fashion for me.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."