• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Zach Lowe: Cavs have the worst court design in the NBA

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jstock12

Sixth Man
Reaction score
http://grantland.com/features/nba-court-design-power-rankings/

In any case, the Cavs have never been able to get their court right. Their color scheme can be hard to digest in big slices, and though they keep changing the center-court logo, they seem determined to make it as large as possible. That giant “C” damn near touches both 3-point arcs, and at 638.4 square feet,1 it is the league’s largest logo by a huge margin. You could rent that thing for $2,000 a month in Manhattan.

The mini-C’s with swords slicing through them are tasty, and the “All for One” slogan along the near sideline is an artful reminder of what exactly a Cavalier is.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't say ours is the worst, but it's pretty lame. It's definitely better than Phoenix and OKC. Hopefully now that we're good again they come up with something awesome for next season.

Am I the only one that think Boston's is the worse? its so depressing..

Am I the only one that think Boston's is the worse? its so depressing..

I kinda like it, it's really iconic. I doubt they'll be changing it any time soon.

this is a pretty stupid article. I feel dumber for reading the CAVs opinion.

I don't think ours is the best by any stretch, but should be no worse than middle of the pack. This guy hates two tone floors on a personal level and put any team with a two tone floor near the bottom. Is THIS really better?

miami.jpg

And anyone who doesn't think the Hornets have the best floor design by a LANDSLIDE needs to check their pulse.

charlotte.jpg

The Hornets design is cool but it also could be damn distracting...

The Hornets court is incredible. Can't wait to see it in person.

Rockets have a terrible design. The Hornets have the best design. I always loved their colors.

I freakin' love Charlotte's new design, think that might honestly be my favorite. Gives them an instant identity and the Hornet logo is killer.

Zach Lowe is just one guys opinion. I'm surprised he'd put the Cavs at the bottom simply due to the fact that I love our color scheme more than the majority of NBA teams. But it's no big deal. Last year he put us at 29th out of all the NBA team names, and suggested on BS Report that we should be renamed the Cleveland Rockers, a nod at the Rock & Roll HOF.

But love or hate our court design and team name, I could care less because come tip off on Oct. 30th, every non-Cavs fan will be wishing they could experience half the fun and excitement of what we'll get at the Q.

Love our color scheme. Hate the big C. Wish we could come up with something better in the center.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."