Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 70
  1. #1
    Rising Star Hurl Bruce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Parma, OH
    Posts
    1,545
    Thanks
    153
    Thanked 1,010 Times in 313 Posts

    Default Evan Turner - Stays or Goes?

    "I can't give a percentage (on the chance of returning) right now," he said. "It's just sticking in my head I really don't want to go out like this."


    So, what do you guys think that Turner will do? He has big $$$ waiting for him in the NBA, but he also has unfinished business in college.

    He has a top 3 draft slot pretty much locked up but front court help coming in that he hasn't had to play with in Jard SUllenger and DeSahwn Thomas.

    Does he stay or go? Why?

  2. #2
    Mmhmm. AMC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Always Online
    Posts
    4,007
    Thanks
    1,584
    Thanked 2,275 Times in 585 Posts

    Default Re: Evan Turner - Stays or Goes?

    He will stay, he wants to end on a good note, and if he stays he can be on a good team with all the new recruits. And if he stays he won't be overshadowed by Wall for the #1 pick.

  3. #3
    Veteran SanduskyCav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Akron
    Posts
    5,800
    Thanks
    2,117
    Thanked 654 Times in 204 Posts

    Default Re: Evan Turner - Stays or Goes?

    Well I know his mom wants him to get a degree and I know he isn't going to get that done this year, even if he takes Summer classes. However, I don't know how her mind has changed since the injury.

  4. #4
    Savior of Humanity InBoobieWeTrust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    14,499
    Thanks
    5,915
    Thanked 5,130 Times in 1,403 Posts

    Default Re: Evan Turner - Stays or Goes?

    He would be incredibly stupid to stay, in all honesty. There's going to be a lock-out next season, next years draft is going to be a terrible time to try and turn pro. Turner will be chosen in the top 3 this year, his draft stock is as high as it's going to get. He's ready to play in the NBA. It's time to move on, Evan. It's time to get paid.

  5. #5
    12 Reasons to Post MYoung23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    9,684
    Thanks
    409
    Thanked 4,808 Times in 1,040 Posts

    Default Re: Evan Turner - Stays or Goes?


  6. #6
    Rising Star Hurl Bruce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Parma, OH
    Posts
    1,545
    Thanks
    153
    Thanked 1,010 Times in 313 Posts

    Default Re: Evan Turner - Stays or Goes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cavs6MVP View Post
    Well I know his mom wants him to get a degree and I know he isn't going to get that done this year, even if he takes Summer classes. However, I don't know how her mind has changed since the injury.
    Didn't you state before that you had good info that he was going to come back? Was that his mom? Anything else you've heard that might show he is leaning one way or the other?

  7. #7
    Get Boobied' CavsRules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Mentor, Ohio
    Posts
    5,731
    Thanks
    1,076
    Thanked 859 Times in 414 Posts

    Default Re: Evan Turner - Stays or Goes?

    Has a player ever been a projected top three pick in the draft and decided to stay anyway?

    In my opinion it wouldn't be totally stupid for him to stay considering he has improved his game every year, and he does have some more room to grow on both ends of the floor. You also take into factor next year we will have better overall team and a better chance at going for a national title.

    Its either guaranteed big money now, or comeback and end on a good note in hopes your stock goes even higher.

  8. #8
    Rising Star Hurl Bruce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Parma, OH
    Posts
    1,545
    Thanks
    153
    Thanked 1,010 Times in 313 Posts

    Default Re: Evan Turner - Stays or Goes?

    All of those guys that stayed from Florida a few years back had a couple top 10 picks projected on that team. Not sure if either rose or fell by staying an extra year.

  9. #9
    Veteran SanduskyCav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Akron
    Posts
    5,800
    Thanks
    2,117
    Thanked 654 Times in 204 Posts

    Default Re: Evan Turner - Stays or Goes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hurl Bruce View Post
    Didn't you state before that you had good info that he was going to come back? Was that his mom? Anything else you've heard that might show he is leaning one way or the other?
    Yes, I have spoken to his mom because I have sat next to her at a few games. My brother is also friends with him. She wants him to get a degree and ET wants a degree as well. I know that he will not have enough coursework finished to get a degree this year even if he takes summer courses. My brother recently asked him about it and ET told him that he honestly hasn't put much thought into it. He wanted to finish the season and think about it then, and he also said he wants to see what the lottery is shaping up to look like.

    What I can tell you is that IMO he is not NBA ready. He needs to improve his outside jump-shot and definitely needs to improve his ball handling skills alot. I know that he may be a top 1-2 pick in this season's draft but I think that if he wants to come into the NBA and make an immediate impact it would be best for him to stay. I just don't see him excelling as we do with players like Stephen Curry, Brandon Jennings or Tyreke Evans. I mean I could see him putting up numbers similar to someone like James Harden, but nothing really more than that. I also think he needs to put on a little more muscle and find out if he truly wants to an NBA PG or if he will settle for the SG role.

    The downside of him staying however is that his draft stock is probably as high as it can be right now. I don't know if he is willing to give that up and risk having an average season next year because with the talent coming in next season he is not going to be asked to do as much. So, his numbers will probably go down because he is not going to carry as much of a load.

  10. #10
    BayHawks Summer League Aristotle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    215
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts

    Default Re: Evan Turner - Stays or Goes?

    I know ET is really into accomplishing certain things at the college level, and he has to be exremely dissappointed in what happened, however, like everyone has said, he is probably a top 2 pick even.


    But OSU with or without him is in national title contention next year, so he might want to come back for that...plus anyone will tell you its easier to improve your game in college than in the pros...so that could be a plus.


    If I were him I would go, but I wish he comes back.

  11. #11
    Savior of Humanity InBoobieWeTrust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    14,499
    Thanks
    5,915
    Thanked 5,130 Times in 1,403 Posts

    Default Re: Evan Turner - Stays or Goes?

    Quote Originally Posted by CavsRules View Post
    Has a player ever been a projected top three pick in the draft and decided to stay anyway?

    In my opinion it wouldn't be totally stupid for him to stay considering he has improved his game every year, and he does have some more room to grow on both ends of the floor. You also take into factor next year we will have better overall team and a better chance at going for a national title.

    Its either guaranteed big money now, or comeback and end on a good note in hopes your stock goes even higher.
    Turner's stock is as high as it's getting. He will always have slightly lower stock that the athletic freaks like John Wall that would normally just go to the NBA out of high school. His next step of improvement will come at the NBA level. He's already throwing up near triple doubles and things of the sort in college.

    With the back injury last year, the lockout looming next year, this is the best time for him to leave school. Anyone telling him to stay is giving him bad advice.

  12. #12
    The LeFraud Interaction
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Marion, Ohio
    Posts
    9,839
    Thanks
    2,264
    Thanked 1,861 Times in 997 Posts

    Default Re: Evan Turner - Stays or Goes?

    I think losing like they did and when they did put a crimp into what he was going to do. Before the lose, I'm thinking he was gone. Now? I think he comes back after sitting back and thinking about things for awhile. He knows damn well that a Title is almost in the bag with ALL starters back and great freshman coming in. Not only would OSU be assured of a pre-season #1 rank in the polls, but they go undefeated next year. The recruits are that good.

    And yes; Florida had players who came back to win the title again. They did. What's his name was a top three pick but he wanted to come back for a degree and win again. You know, the player who is injured now with the Bulls? geez; can't think of his name. He's a version of Andy.

    Turner comes back. OSU wins the title. The big problem Matta will have next year is figuring out who doesn't start.

  13. #13
    So we come to it at last Chris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    21,461
    Thanks
    5,858
    Thanked 6,331 Times in 2,883 Posts

    Default Re: Evan Turner - Stays or Goes?

    Quote Originally Posted by InBoobieWeTrust View Post
    He would be incredibly stupid to stay, in all honesty. There's going to be a lock-out next season, next years draft is going to be a terrible time to try and turn pro. Turner will be chosen in the top 3 this year, his draft stock is as high as it's going to get. He's ready to play in the NBA. It's time to move on, Evan. It's time to get paid.
    It's 100% sure there will be no NBA season?? People keep saying this, I'd think that'd be plastered all over the news.

    I will respect him no matter what he does. Don't call the kid stupid if he wants to follow his heart. If his heart is @ OSU, sure, he will be taking a risk and have to wait another year for his fat paycheck, but he could also be part of something special. I will never fault someone for that..

  14. #14
    Savior of Humanity InBoobieWeTrust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    14,499
    Thanks
    5,915
    Thanked 5,130 Times in 1,403 Posts

    Default Re: Evan Turner - Stays or Goes?

    Quote Originally Posted by cmstophe View Post
    It's 100% sure there will be no NBA season?? People keep saying this, I'd think that'd be plastered all over the news.

    I will respect him no matter what he does. Don't call the kid stupid if he wants to follow his heart. If his heart is @ OSU, sure, he will be taking a risk and have to wait another year for his fat paycheck, but he could also be part of something special. I will never fault someone for that..
    It's not 100%, but everyone "in the know" is predicting one. Just looking at the owners' proposal for the new CBA shows it's not going to be a quick negotiation process.

    As for "following the heart", and lot of things that people do to "Follow the heart" are stupid things. I'll root for OSU and would love to see him win a national title there, but if he asked me for my advice, I'd advise him to go pro, and I believe most reasonable people should/would advise the same.

  15. #15
    Veteran SanduskyCav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Akron
    Posts
    5,800
    Thanks
    2,117
    Thanked 654 Times in 204 Posts

    Default Re: Evan Turner - Stays or Goes?

    I think the NFL skips a season before the NBA does...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •