Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Skating into the draft chiefwahoo's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Season ending e-mail from the Tribe

As we watch another postseason without our Tribe, I just got this e-mail:

TO INDIANS FANS EVERYWHERE:

Every member of the Indians organization greatly appreciates your continued loyalty and support, especially during the 2010 season.

As we turn our thoughts toward next season, there are real and tangible reasons for optimism as we expect the results to improve significantly while we continue to develop and shape our group of talented, young players into impact Major Leaguers. Despite being the youngest pitching staff in baseball, our team ERA was 5th best in the A.L. in the second half of the season, highlighted by Fausto Carmona reestablishing himself as a front end of the rotation starter. Chris Perez emerged as a dominant closer as our bullpen posted the 4th best ERA in the Majors (2nd best in A.L.) in the second half.

We enjoyed watching Shin-Soo Choo continue to evolve as one of the game's top players. On the opposite side, we were disappointed injuries cut short the season of two of our most exciting players, Grady Sizemore and Carlos Santana, who will be ready to add their talents to the 2011 team.

Our highly rated minor league system won two championships this past season, evidence of the depth and talent throughout our player development system, and providing further optimism for our path to championship baseball. Our direction is clear.

At every level of this franchise, we will continue to work tirelessly to provide championship baseball while delivering a superior fan experience to create lasting memories for you, your family, friends and business associates.

Thank you for your support,
    The Cleveland Indians
    Will one of you please win a title in my lifetime???

2. The Following User Says Thank You to chiefwahoo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,231 Times in 1,439 Posts

Default Re: Season ending e-mail from the Tribe

At every level of this franchise, we will continue to work tirelessly to provide championship baseball while delivering a superior fan experience to create lasting memories for you, your family, friends and business associates.
    They're working tirelessly to provide championship baseball for your business associates....

lol....
    Quote Originally Posted by PIP View Post
    Mike Miller reminds me of myself...Brothas love him and Sistas **** him...

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PIP For This Useful Post:

Thanks

They're working tirelessly to provide championship baseball for your business associates....

lol....
    That was my favorite part.

Rising Star
    Thanks

lol....
    all i can say to you pip is GO TWINS!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,657 Times in 785 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chiefwahoo View Post
    That was my favorite part.
    Well, did this email go out to all fans, or was this just season ticket holders? I would assume that line was aimed at businesses that own suites or season ticket packages.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by macbdog View Post
    Well, did this email go out to all fans, or was this just season ticket holders? I would assume that line was aimed at businesses that own suites or season ticket packages.
    Not sure, but since I'm no longer a STH I thought it was a little odd. Maybe they still have me on some list, but I didn't have tickets this season.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,341 Times in 2,610 Posts

TO INDIANS FANS EVERYWHERE:

Every member of the Indians organization greatly appreciates your continued loyalty and support, especially during the 2010 season.

As we turn our thoughts toward next season, there are real and tangible reasons for optimism as we expect the results to improve significantly while we continue to develop and shape our group of talented, young players into impact Major Leaguers. Despite being the youngest pitching staff in baseball, our team ERA was 5th best in the A.L. in the second half of the season, highlighted by Fausto Carmona reestablishing himself as a front end of the rotation starter. Chris Perez emerged as a dominant closer as our bullpen posted the 4th best ERA in the Majors (2nd best in A.L.) in the second half.

We enjoyed watching Shin-Soo Choo continue to evolve as one of the game's top players. On the opposite side, we were disappointed injuries cut short the season of two of our most exciting players, Grady Sizemore and Carlos Santana, who will be ready to add their talents to the 2011 team.

Our highly rated minor league system won two championships this past season, evidence of the depth and talent throughout our player development system, and providing further optimism for our path to championship baseball. Our direction is clear.

Thank you for your support,
    The Cleveland Indians
    It was missing comic sams -Hell yea, now im pumped.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chardon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,820 Times in 3,485 Posts

If they want to increase fan enjoyment at games maybe they should stop charging like 9 bucks for beer.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,211 Times in 563 Posts

Dear Indians Fans,

We apologize for sucking once again, but hey atleast we are young. We have some nice young pieces that we will more than likely trade at the deadline for even younger pieces in hopes that by the year 2015 we will compete. Look at the bright side we have a higher draft pick. Who's says its the wrong year to draft high? Please continue to come to future games so one f our players doesn't have to piss and moan about no one showing up while he makes millions to play a game. Thank you for your support.

-Indians Brass

13. The Following User Says Thank You to OhioSlayer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,147 Times in 3,453 Posts

I debated whether or not to read this, but eventually decided it might provide some comic relief. Instead, it was just more proverbial vomit PR-spin spewed forth, nothing funny about it.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,113 Times in 1,147 Posts

This organization makes me want to eat rocks and punch babies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Randolphkeys View Post
    You mean that guy who sat out all of last year, sat out two Vegas games before the Cavaliers played Philly and twisted his ankle, sat out another game, then had leg cramps limit his play? A healthy one of those Noels?

Doesn't exist. He is scrimmaging Motivated Derrick Coleman and Healthy Sam Bowie on Planet Bullshit.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Marcus For This Useful Post:

Veteran
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,214 Times in 1,376 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OhioSlayer View Post
    Dear Indians Fans,

We apologize for sucking once again, but hey atleast we are young. We have some nice young pieces that we will more than likely trade at the deadline for even younger pieces in hopes that by the year 2015 we will compete. Look at the bright side we have a higher draft pick. Who's says its the wrong year to draft high? Please continue to come to future games so one f our players doesn't have to piss and moan about no one showing up while he makes millions to play a game. Thank you for your support.

-Indians Brass
    The Indians would at least use spell check.

Veteran
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,214 Times in 1,376 Posts

Only in Cleveland does an organization send out a letter (that they didn't have to send) thanking fans for support and get bashed for it...

Thanks
    Thanked 30,697 Times in 9,785 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sgm405 View Post
    Only in Cleveland does an organization send out a letter (that they didn't have to send) thanking fans for support and get bashed for it...
    I love these "only in Cleveland" comments that people shit out every once in a while. I mean...have you ever been to another city before? You all do realize that the nation is full of people that take the sports in their city too seriously and vent against the teams when they lose right?
    Thanks everyone for the LeBron bets. All debts are paid on your behalves. I was happy to lose.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Oi For This Useful Post:

Thanks

We still suck before and after this letter.. My feelings about this past season hasn't changed.
    Chart of Seans
    Sean - Your child will be a heavy drinker. - thanks keys
    Shawn - Your child will be a ladies man.
    Shonn - Your child will fumble often.
    Shawon - Your child will play second base forever.
    Chone - Your mother smoked rocks.
    Chaun - Your child will look like an athlete, but actually suck.
    Shaun - Your child can't keep his hands off other men's junk.

-RandolphKeys

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Snowblind For This Useful Post: