Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 130
  1. #106
    Hall of Famer Rich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    11,766
    Thanks
    293
    Thanked 9,300 Times in 3,621 Posts

    Default Re: SUGAR BOWL: OSU vs. ARKANSAS

    Quote Originally Posted by cmstophe View Post
    That wasn't even a fucking safety.

    Christ, why do I even check the CFB portion of RCF?
    Did anyone here say it was a safety?
    Quote Originally Posted by David.
    Idiot

  2. #107
    So we come to it at last Chris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    21,445
    Thanks
    5,853
    Thanked 6,325 Times in 2,878 Posts

    Default Re: SUGAR BOWL: OSU vs. ARKANSAS

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Did anyone here say it was a safety?
    People are bitching saying it was a "lucky" (LOL) win. That was not a safety- yet that was the play, and missed call, that gave Arkansas the momentum and ultimately made the game so nail-biting.

    Unbelievable. Are there any real Buckeye fans here? And I'm the guy who is always ultra critical, "negative" in the eyes of people, yet I'm one of the few who see this win as a fantastic game where we simply outlasted the other team?

  3. #108
    Hall of Farmer
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    13,635
    Thanks
    921
    Thanked 7,160 Times in 2,541 Posts

    Default Re: SUGAR BOWL: OSU vs. ARKANSAS


  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chardon For This Useful Post:


  5. #109
    So we come to it at last Chris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    21,445
    Thanks
    5,853
    Thanked 6,325 Times in 2,878 Posts

    Default Re: SUGAR BOWL: OSU vs. ARKANSAS

    Knew Mallett was due for a pick. I was shocked when that game was about to end without him throwing one, but whoosh! There it was. Props to Thomas. Although, I saw several potential interceptions go through the hands of our DBs, so it was only a matter of time, I suppose. I haven't been as amped/nervous during a game as I was tonight in a long, long time.

  6. #110
    Team Player Wulfgar1224's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,296
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 179 Times in 90 Posts

    Default Re: SUGAR BOWL: OSU vs. ARKANSAS

    Quote Originally Posted by cmstophe View Post
    People are bitching saying it was a "lucky" (LOL) win. That was not a safety- yet that was the play, and missed call, that gave Arkansas the momentum and ultimately made the game so nail-biting.

    Unbelievable. Are there any real Buckeye fans here? And I'm the guy who is always ultra critical, "negative" in the eyes of people, yet I'm one of the few who see this win as a fantastic game where we simply outlasted the other team?
    I'm with you. I was stoked out of my mind with that win. OSU has now won 2 BCS games in a row and is 6-3 in BCS games since 1998. Haters will hate. But, it is tough to dismiss what they have accomplished. NO team has won more BCS games since 1998 that OSU. Not USC. Not Florida, or Oklahoma, or Bama, or LSU or Miami. Nobody.

  7. #111
    Hall of Famer AZ_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    15,583
    Thanks
    3,041
    Thanked 11,548 Times in 4,845 Posts

    Default Re: SUGAR BOWL: OSU vs. ARKANSAS

    “I don’t think I’m really ready for the NFL,” Pryor said. “I think I’ve got a lot of learning and better decision-making I have to make on and off the field. Off the field, I think I need to grow up a little bit more and mature as well in that standpoint.”
    What a dick...

    Whoever says they can't wait for this kid to leave is just not emotionally stable.

  8. #112
    Cleveland Cavaliers Fan Phills14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Chardon, OH
    Posts
    5,110
    Thanks
    2,928
    Thanked 4,576 Times in 1,667 Posts

    Default Re: SUGAR BOWL: OSU vs. ARKANSAS

    Pryor was ridiculous on 3rd and long tonight. I've never seen so many 1st downs off 3rd and long QB scrambles in my life. He had a great game and I'd say other than 2 throws he was pretty accurate.

    I wonder if he'd get in trouble for selling the X-Ray of his foot on ebay?

  9. #113
    Slice & Dice SuperSurge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Sarasota, Florida
    Posts
    6,126
    Thanks
    5,256
    Thanked 6,492 Times in 2,161 Posts

    Default Re: SUGAR BOWL: OSU vs. ARKANSAS

    Sanzenbacher = Wes Welker lite?

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to SuperSurge For This Useful Post:


  11. #114
    #howu Noonan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    b-dale
    Posts
    3,448
    Thanks
    2,901
    Thanked 5,388 Times in 1,250 Posts

    Default Re: SUGAR BOWL: OSU vs. ARKANSAS

    I have a feeling more birds are going to die today in Arkansas. Go Bucks.

  12. #115
    I GO HARD FOR CLEVELAND! Ghost Writer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Detroit,Mi
    Posts
    1,140
    Thanks
    323
    Thanked 182 Times in 130 Posts

    Default Re: SUGAR BOWL: OSU vs. ARKANSAS

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Cameron was great. That was it. There is nothing outstanding about watching a guy drop ball after ball. Adams dropped a SURE touchdown and probably one that would have ended up a touchdown. He catches those and you wouldn't be making this comment and because him dropping it had nothing to do with the defense, then they still played just as poorly as if he had caught them. I mean, win was great, but the defense certainly didn't play well.
    Continually I watched Mallet hurry up his passes and it was more than Heyward affecting that, Williams made good plays, Holman made plays,Larrimore and Bellamy put pressure on him, sure they got beat in the secondary but in all fairness we have had plenty of injuries at the DB position and all things considered we used "red shirts" to defend one of the best passing QB's in the country, not to mention the speed factor is always an issue but we adjusted and matched their intensity, not to mention Thomas played that interception to perfection, something we've done all year to get INT's so again OUTSTANDING defense Go BUCKS!!! "Pour some sugar on me"!!
    I only want players who want to play in Cleveland!!!


    GIFSoup

  13. #116
    member 32 bob2the2nd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    where MD, DE, and PA come together
    Posts
    10,274
    Thanks
    3,657
    Thanked 1,793 Times in 812 Posts

    Default Re: SUGAR BOWL: OSU vs. ARKANSAS

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Did anyone here say it was a safety?
    as an unbiased watcher, it was a safety. Unfortunatly for OSU, and for reasons I dont pretend to understand, if you escape out of a tackle forward progress is reset, no matter where on the field you are. In this case the RB clearly escaped out of his tackle and tried to go forward again, at this point forward progress only counts to where he got the second time.

  14. #117
    I GO HARD FOR CLEVELAND! Ghost Writer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Detroit,Mi
    Posts
    1,140
    Thanks
    323
    Thanked 182 Times in 130 Posts

    Default Re: SUGAR BOWL: OSU vs. ARKANSAS

    Quote Originally Posted by bob2the2nd View Post
    as an unbiased watcher, it was a safety. Unfortunatly for OSU, and for reasons I dont pretend to understand, if you escape out of a tackle forward progress is reset, no matter where on the field you are. In this case the RB clearly escaped out of his tackle and tried to go forward again, at this point forward progress only counts to where he got the second time.

    Not to take up issue with you but..... that was not a safety. Herron was clearly held up at the 1 and consequently was shoved into the end zone, refs swallowed their whistles on that one!! Refs were suspect all night if I didn't know any better I'd say they seemed a little biased.
    I only want players who want to play in Cleveland!!!


    GIFSoup

  15. #118
    So we come to it at last Chris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    21,445
    Thanks
    5,853
    Thanked 6,325 Times in 2,878 Posts

    Default Re: SUGAR BOWL: OSU vs. ARKANSAS

    Quote Originally Posted by bob2the2nd View Post
    as an unbiased watcher, it was a safety. Unfortunatly for OSU, and for reasons I dont pretend to understand, if you escape out of a tackle forward progress is reset, no matter where on the field you are. In this case the RB clearly escaped out of his tackle and tried to go forward again, at this point forward progress only counts to where he got the second time.
    So defenders can now, in that situation, just let go of the player and then re-tackle him for a safety. Gotcha.

    **I know you said you don't understand it either**

    FTR a lot of Arkansas fans thought it wasn't a safety, judging from their forums. So it has nothing to do with bias.

  16. #119
    member 32 bob2the2nd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    where MD, DE, and PA come together
    Posts
    10,274
    Thanks
    3,657
    Thanked 1,793 Times in 812 Posts

    Default Re: SUGAR BOWL: OSU vs. ARKANSAS

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Writer View Post
    Not to take up issue with you but..... that was not a safety. Herron was clearly held up at the 1 and consequently was shoved into the end zone, refs swallowed their whistles on that one!! Refs were suspect all night if I didn't know any better I'd say they seemed a little biased.
    clearly it was ruled a safety, and as an unbiased observer I had no problem with it. you see this actually a lot in every game. watch next time a player that breaks out of a tackle and ends up going backwards, they very rarely get the initial spot of forward progress. once you get out of the tackle (clearly herron did) forward progress starts over again. I dont understand it, its just how it is ruled.

    the only arguement that could be made in this situation is a plea for a quick whistle immeaditly once forward progress was stopped. but the question at that point becomes do you really want to start calling plays dead that quickly. Obviously it didnt happen but what if herron gets held up pushed back, and then runs and gains 5 yards. do you still think a quick whistle should have been called at the 1?
    Last edited by bob2the2nd; 01-05-2011 at 11:32 AM. Reason: change of wording

  17. #120
    Bania'd RappSoda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    East Side of CLE
    Posts
    7,267
    Thanks
    3,559
    Thanked 4,278 Times in 1,818 Posts

    Default Re: SUGAR BOWL: OSU vs. ARKANSAS

    Quote Originally Posted by bob2the2nd View Post
    clearly it was ruled a safety, and as an unbiased observer I had no problem with it. you see this actually a lot in every game. watch next time a player that breaks out of a tackle and ends up going backwards, they very rarely get the initial spot of forward progress. once you get out of the tackle (clearly herron did) forward progress starts over again. I dont understand it, its just how it is ruled.

    the only arguement that could be made in this situation is a plea for a quick whistle immeaditly once forward progress was stopped. but the question at that point becomes do you really want to start calling plays dead that quickly. Obviously it didnt happen but what if herron gets held up pushed back, and then runs and gains 5 yards. do you still think a quick whistle should have been called at the 1?
    He was actually pulled two yards back to the goal line and then pulled an additional two into the endzone before anything happened. This can be debated all day as it is a judgment call by the officials, but he had little hope for forward movement once pulled back four yards. He broke the tackle as he was falling in the first place.

    Cavaliers | Browns | Indians | Buckeyes | Red Hawks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •