Page 101 of 188 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 2808
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,063 Times in 532 Posts

Default Re: The Cleveland Cavaliers Magic Number Thread (2012 Playoffs and Ping Pong Balls)

Quote Originally Posted by sgm405 View Post
    The Bobcats are a lock to have worst record. Washington is pretty much a lock at 2nd worst. The Cavaliers need to go into full tank mode and finish this season on a 7 game losing streak. The Hornets are playing well, but the Kings have a difficult schedule the rest of the way aside from Charlotte. It's time to start Semih Erden at point guard and go after this #3 slot!

1. Charlotte - 7-53
    2. Washington - 15-46
    3. New Orleans - 19-42
    4. Sacramento - 20-41
    5. Cleveland - 20-39

Remaining Cavs Games: Tue 4/16 @ DET, Wed 4/17 vs PHI, Fri 4/19 vs. NYK, Sun 4/22 @ SAS, Mon 4/23 @ MEM, Wed 4/25 vs WAS, Thu 4/26 @ CHI

Remaining Hornets Games: Wed 4/18 @ MEM, Thu 4/19 vs HOU, Sun 4/22 @ LAC, Tue 4/24 @ GSW, Thu 4/26 @ HOU

Remaining Kings Games: Wed 4/18 vs SAS, Fri 4/20 vs OKC, Sun 4/22 @CHA, Tue 4/24 @ OKC, Thu 4/26 vs LAL
    Wow this is getting good... I thought for sure NO had 3 on lock down. I really want to be top five I will deal with 6 spot yet be upset with 7. On a side note The bobcats.... Wow, If their pocket aces hold up I will almost be happy they got the #1 pick. However how should I say this?? Go Cavs or... Don't go Cavs! get that 3rd or 4th spot!
    #WeAllFromCleveland

Thanks
    Thanked 1,052 Times in 455 Posts

Default Re: The Cleveland Cavaliers Magic Number Thread (2012 Playoffs and Ping Pong Balls)

If the Cavs find a way to dig deep and, well, lose every game.. We'd probably land the 3rd spot.

New Orleans is playing really good right now, I can see them winning a few more games this season.. The Kings are the wild card, but I see them beating Charlotte and likely the Spurs if they rest their big three.

That Spurs game is key, and our Wizards game is key. If there's one game we will be the favorite, it's against Washington.

Thanks

it's too bad Eric Gordon was out so much this year, they would have won 25-30 games this year, easy.

Thanks
    Thanked 23,790 Times in 5,275 Posts

According to Chris Sheridan: New Orleans Hornets center Chris Kaman has a bruised left tibia and likely will miss the rest of the season, the team announced Tuesday.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,653 Times in 2,570 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wuck View Post
    According to Chris Sheridan: New Orleans Hornets center Chris Kaman has a bruised left tibia and likely will miss the rest of the season, the team announced Tuesday.
    yeah I bet

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Huber. For This Useful Post:

Thanks

This Grantland article on tanking is pretty entertaining.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...ardest-stretch

Thanks
    Thanked 10,745 Times in 4,186 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wuck View Post
    This Grantland article on tanking is pretty entertaining.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...ardest-stretch
    So I'm not sure where their opinion about Thompson comes from? Right now, Tristan Thompson is a better defender than JJ Hickson will ever be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. MacPhisto View Post
    I still hold that Kevin Love is a cancer. This team will win 50 without him, it will win 45 with him.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,539 Times in 671 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    So I'm not sure where their opinion about Thompson comes from? Right now, Tristan Thompson is a better defender than JJ Hickson will ever be.
    My guess they simply haven't seen TT play much, if at all. Not saying TT does have flaws, but Hickson he is not.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MDLT For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Golden State is relentless: Warriors GM Larry Riley said PG Stephen Curry is likely done for the year after being re-evaluated Monday night

Rising Star
    Thanks

I dont think this Kang character has league pass. If he watched the Cavs for 1 quarter this year he would realize that Thompson is not smaller than Hickson and that he can defend. Grantland is part of the ESPN family. Sloppy Sloppy.

Team Player Ovum Defender Champion Bubble Lanes Champion Mouse Blocks Champion halloween beatdown Champion Weave Champion Crazy Penguin Champion Redbeard's Treasure Champion Pirate Bubble Champion supergoat52's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,076 Times in 257 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by catfish View Post
    I dont think this Kang character has league pass. If he watched the Cavs for 1 quarter this year he would realize that Thompson is not smaller than Hickson and that he can defend. Grantland is part of the ESPN family. Sloppy Sloppy.
    Not to mention he completely left the Kings out of the article. Ummmmm......

14. The Following User Says Thank You to supergoat52 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by supergoat52 View Post
    Yeah, I was wondering when someone would mention that...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by supergoat52 View Post
    Maybe that's cause the Kings aren't tanking, this is actually all they are capable of.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,175 Times in 1,030 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by catfish View Post
    That's now two recent articles from Grantland that do some sort of analysis on Tristan and neither ever mention the defensive side of the ball. The articles are just plain worthless if you are not going to get into the side of the game. Hickson and Thompson are really nothing alike other then having good hops and that they are BOTH 6'9". JJ will never match the level of defense that Thompson is presently displaying as just a rookie. Analyzing defense does mean you actually have to WATCH the two players play and not based your article off some stat sheets or glorified dunk clips. No one who actually spent any time watching them play could miss the differences in defensive prowess.

Thanks

They also have an article up with the Rookie Rankings where they have Tristan playing for the Toronto Raptors lol

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Beanie For This Useful Post: