Page 138 of 188 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140148 ... LastLast
Results 2,056 to 2,070 of 2808
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,040 Posts

Default Re: The Cleveland Cavaliers Magic Number Thread (2012 Playoffs and Ping Pong Balls)

Quote Originally Posted by huber14 View Post
    Most players have the ability to reject trades.
    That is actually not true. Most players in the NBA do NOT have no trade clauses in their contracts. They cannot stop trades. They can, of course, choose not to extend their contracts with the team they are traded to when the time comes. But, otherwise, they have to play for their new team or sit home.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,786 Times in 1,067 Posts

Default Re: The Cleveland Cavaliers Magic Number Thread (2012 Playoffs and Ping Pong Balls)

I don't hate the Heat. I don't like them, but what LeBron did was nothing but beneficial for our franchise imo. It united the fans, it encouraged our owner, we got a new GM and coach, we got a new potential star player, and the potential to get another this draft, and the next. LeBron may have been tactless in his decision to play with Miami, but it was a good decision for our team and his career. We were never going to win a title with him on our team, unless we got bullshit lucky with some late 20's pick in the draft who turned into a star. We needed a second star on this team in order to win, but he was too good to allow it to happen, and no team wanted to be the team to trade the final piece to start a dynasty in Cleveland. The free agent's were never going to come here in hoards, and even if we could attract a big name we never had the cap space.

Now with LeBron gone I have new hope for our team that I didn't after the '09 playoffs. It was against Orlando that I knew we had no chance to win an NBA title unless we struck late first round/second round gold. We didn't have the assets to trade for another all star, but now we do. We have tons of assets. We have some good ones and some bad ones, but they are still better than any assets that we had in the LeBron years. Can you imagine if we had an asset like Tristan to trade during the LeBron years? Or if we had a pick like the Kings pick to trade. That pick could have helped us secure a trade for Amare. Now we have the assets to trade, and that is the only way to build a championship team.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mdog1 For This Useful Post:

Rookie
    Thanks

All I am saying is you don't get past the second round without at least 2 All-Star/Superstars anymore. We might have one with Kyrie but I don't see how the next one comes.
    If only there were some way for bad NBA teams to choose the best college players...

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to georgehenrietta For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,311 Times in 939 Posts

Most players have the ability to reject trades. Plus this is the NBA, a meaningful trade only happens to make big market teams better.
    False the only two players in the NBA that had an no trade clause giving them the ability to outright reject a trade this year or last for that matter was Kobe and Dirk.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RonG For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,807 Times in 1,898 Posts

I hate Boston and Orlando a lot more than Chicago because they were more recent disappointments. Well that and the Boston fanbase is absolutely terrible, especially the Celtics "fans."

Team Player Ovum Defender Champion Bubble Lanes Champion Mouse Blocks Champion halloween beatdown Champion Weave Champion Crazy Penguin Champion Redbeard's Treasure Champion Pirate Bubble Champion supergoat52's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,076 Times in 257 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RonG View Post
    False the only two players in the NBA that had an no trade clause giving them the ability to outright reject a trade this year or last for that matter was Kobe and Dirk.
    This is more of a sidenote to your general point, but there is a small list of players every year that can reject a trade if the trade will void their bird-rights i believe. Like Devean George (I think that was his name) who blocked the first Jason Kidd trade to Dallas a couple years ago. Whether or not the player rejects a trade in these cases seems to be more money motivated than market motivated though.
    Last edited by supergoat52; 04-23-2012 at 06:31 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to supergoat52 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,677 Times in 2,573 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by georgehenrietta View Post
    If only there were some way for bad NBA teams to choose the best college players...
    We are no longer in the position with Kyrie.

Quote Originally Posted by RonG View Post
    False. See Goats comment.

Thanks

We are no longer in the position with Kyrie.
    Wrong again. We are tied for fourth worst, and REMEMBER it's a lottery...

In EVERY single draft there are GREAT players that fall outside of the top 5 picks. EVERY SINGLE DRAFT.

There are way too many posters that need to gain some perspective.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NoTitleTown View Post
    Wrong again. We are tied for fourth worst, and REMEMBER it's a lottery...

In EVERY single draft there are GREAT players that fall outside of the top 5 picks. EVERY SINGLE DRAFT.

There are way too many posters that need to gain some perspective.
    And what happens if they miss on drafting?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,040 Posts

False. See Goats comment.
    Dude, you do realize that the number of people that fall under that is very very small. You are just trolling here at this point.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scholar For This Useful Post:

Team Player Ovum Defender Champion Bubble Lanes Champion Mouse Blocks Champion halloween beatdown Champion Weave Champion Crazy Penguin Champion Redbeard's Treasure Champion Pirate Bubble Champion supergoat52's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,076 Times in 257 Posts

And what happens if they miss on drafting?
    Honest question, what point exactly are you trying to make here?

If the point is that this draft is important, i agree. If the point is that if we suck at drafting our team will be bad, i agree.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by supergoat52 View Post
    Honest question, what point exactly are you trying to make here?

If the point is that this draft is important, i agree. If the point is that if we suck at drafting our team will be bad, i agree.
    My point is people need to stop acting like drafting and free agent trades are going to be a sure thing.

Resident Microbiologist Dr. Gymbo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,725 Times in 786 Posts

Thread =
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSurge View Post
    To be fair, "Heat Reporters" have only been on the job a few years.

Probably got on 2K and put in work.

19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Gymbo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 24,087 Times in 5,329 Posts

I don't feel like deleting most of the 30 messages above the train wreck but if you want to continue the discussion about MIA/CHI or about "building the right way" (picks, free agents, etc.), either take it to another thread or start a new one (probably in a different forum).

The Pacers, now locked into playoff position, have started to give heavy rest to their starters. Tonight, 3 are sitting against the Pistons. Not that it matter so much for that game, but we should be seeing more of this throughout the week.

Deron Williams will sit out tonight's game (the final one in NJ) against PHI.
    Last edited by wuck; 04-23-2012 at 06:48 PM.

21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to wuck For This Useful Post:

Team Player
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wuck View Post
    Deron Williams will sit out tonight's game (the final one in NJ) against PHI.
    That's unfortunate. I was counting on them winning tonight against Philly and losing in the season finale at Toronto, which would have left both NJ and Toronto with 23 wins...and presumably safely out of the Cavs' reach.