View Poll Results: Should Pryor, Herron, Posey, Adams and Thomas be allowed to play OSU football again?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    19 41.30%
  • No

    27 58.70%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 44 of 44
  1. #31
    Rookie
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    59
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 23 Times in 9 Posts

    Default Re: Should the Buckeye's "Fab Five" be allowed to play football again for OSU?

    Quote Originally Posted by MoDelonte View Post
    Let us not forget what they did: They traded stuff for tattoos. They did not injure, rape, or remotely hurt anyone, nor commit any local, state, or federal crime. They are being punished by the archaic NCAA for violating their bizarre rules that exist within a completely unreasonable logical framework.

    When people look back on these events in 50 years or so, they won't be analyzing what these guys did, but how obscenely moronic the NCAA's regulations were at the time.
    I can't say you're wrong.

    So why does so much of me just want Luke to nail TPeezy2 to the bench to spite him?

    I'll be honest. I think he comes off as everything wrong with the modern pro athlete. I don't like him.

    I'm also disgusted with all these Glenville kids. But again, that's just me.

    then again, may as well go out Terry Bowdin Auburn-style 11 - 0 with no post season if you can. It'll be half a decade at least before we see that again. maybe longer.

  2. #32
    Rookie
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    59
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 23 Times in 9 Posts

    Default Re: Should the Buckeye's "Fab Five" be allowed to play football again for OSU?

    Bruce Hooley was just on Rizzo.

    Said TPeezy2 will never play at tOSU again.

    Also from Bruce:

    http://www.foxsportsohio.com/05/30/1...82&feedID=3631

  3. #33
    Sports Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    2,747
    Thanks
    1,371
    Thanked 290 Times in 126 Posts

    Default Re: Should the Buckeye's "Fab Five" be allowed to play football again for OSU?

    Quote Originally Posted by DougHeil View Post
    I've been very confused about something for awhile now, and this new stuff with all these players saying they needed the money, etc is what is confusing to me.

    I went 3 years of college. My parents sent me $10 a week for a little money in my pocket. I really didn't need it as I got breakfast, lunch and dinner given to me by the school as it was paid for with the tuition. What I don't get, and granted, back then one dollar went way further than it does now, but what exactly do these football players need this money for? For dates? For alcohol? For drugs? It can't be for food as that's paid for already. I'm very sure they also get 3 meals a day, right? So what is it they need the money for?

    Further; I understand these players get a few bucks each time they go on the road for a game. I also understand it's actually quite substantial as to what they get. They can put away the left over money as I guess it's a few thousand PER GAME. Is this right? If so, PLEASE tell me why ALL these kids are saying they needed the money so that is why they sold their pants and rings, etc? Why?

    I want to know in exact detail the reason a football player going to college with ALL 3 meals a day paid for needs to have all this money? I'm very serious about this as it's been bugging the shit out of me for a very long time.
    Its crazy. Some of these players also get back around $1,300 month in cash and they still can't live?
    Cleveland Fan Forever!!!! Cavs Browns Tribe

  4. #34
    BANNED Maximus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Mentor
    Posts
    17,139
    Thanks
    5,540
    Thanked 26,564 Times in 4,019 Posts

    Default Re: Should the Buckeye's "Fab Five" be allowed to play football again for OSU?

    Can't help but think Pryor will end up in the supplemental draft...

  5. #35
    Hall of Famer AZ_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    16,697
    Thanks
    3,576
    Thanked 13,519 Times in 5,382 Posts

    Default Re: Should the Buckeye's "Fab Five" be allowed to play football again for OSU?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
    Can't help but think Pryor will end up in the supplemental draft...
    What supplemental draft? #lockout

  6. #36
    Hall of Famer AZ_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    16,697
    Thanks
    3,576
    Thanked 13,519 Times in 5,382 Posts

    Default Re: Should the Buckeye's "Fab Five" be allowed to play football again for OSU?

    Quote Originally Posted by DougHeil View Post
    I've been very confused about something for awhile now, and this new stuff with all these players saying they needed the money, etc is what is confusing to me.

    I went 3 years of college. My parents sent me $10 a week for a little money in my pocket. I really didn't need it as I got breakfast, lunch and dinner given to me by the school as it was paid for with the tuition. What I don't get, and granted, back then one dollar went way further than it does now, but what exactly do these football players need this money for? For dates? For alcohol? For drugs? It can't be for food as that's paid for already. I'm very sure they also get 3 meals a day, right? So what is it they need the money for?

    Further; I understand these players get a few bucks each time they go on the road for a game. I also understand it's actually quite substantial as to what they get. They can put away the left over money as I guess it's a few thousand PER GAME. Is this right? If so, PLEASE tell me why ALL these kids are saying they needed the money so that is why they sold their pants and rings, etc? Why?

    I want to know in exact detail the reason a football player going to college with ALL 3 meals a day paid for needs to have all this money? I'm very serious about this as it's been bugging the shit out of me for a very long time.
    It's not nearly that much money...

    And if were talking about getting meal plan money BACK if you don't use it all, I'm pretty sure most schools absorb that extra cash. Or at least they did when I was in school 4-5 years ago.

  7. #37
    Rookie
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    59
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 23 Times in 9 Posts

    Default Re: Should the Buckeye's "Fab Five" be allowed to play football again for OSU?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
    Can't help but think Pryor will end up in the supplemental draft...
    What is there is a lockout & there is no S draft? Does he live on an agent's dole for a year until next April like an NBA prospect?

  8. #38
    Team Player JayDub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Buckeye State
    Posts
    864
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked 171 Times in 78 Posts

    Default Re: Should the Buckeye's "Fab Five" be allowed to play football again for OSU?

    Quote Originally Posted by Clevelandfan15 View Post
    Its crazy. Some of these players also get back around $1,300 month in cash and they still can't live?
    Knew people who played at OSU while I was playing at Akron. while there we got roughly 3k per scholarship check so it was like 1k a month we'd get 3 in the course of a year 4 if you took summer courses. Guys from OSU told me they got 5k per qrtr they got one more check because they were on Quarters, so most guys were getting close to 15-20k to live off of per year. Believe me it was more than enough to live off of especially since meals were provided. Not to mention most of these guys are getting huge federal pell grants. Add in the fact that if you make it to a bowl game you get about 1-2k stipend for the week you're there and an additional stipend because you're playing while school is out of session and mostly everything is closed down.

    The financial aspect of being a collegiate scholarship football or basketball player is adequate. At OSU or any other big program, when you're treated like a pro player some guys expect to be paid and live the life as one. Money to survive off of shouldn't be an issue.

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JayDub For This Useful Post:


  10. #39
    Rookie
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    59
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 23 Times in 9 Posts

    Default Re: Should the Buckeye's "Fab Five" be allowed to play football again for OSU?

    Quote Originally Posted by b00bie View Post
    It's not nearly that much money...

    And if were talking about getting meal plan money BACK if you don't use it all, I'm pretty sure most schools absorb that extra cash. Or at least they did when I was in school 4-5 years ago.
    Dougie, it's a different world my man. My college days sound like yours.


    I didn't NEED a car. I walked in a college ton or bummed rides from friends who had beaters. I mean crap rides. 10 year old rusted out plymouth valiants and pontiac bonnevilles.

    I didn't NEED a mobile phone. They were a foot long and only Sonny Crockett had one. ;-)

    I didn't NEED swag. I was a real college student. Not an NFL wannabe. And only bikers got tats in the day.

    I was a typical 1980's college kid. Not an enabled kid whose knob had been stroked & gobbled by everyone since he started running with a ball at age 8.

    These kids like Rose talk about needing the money and how broke they were. In reality they turn around and spend the caysh on tats and cars and probably weed. Maybe Momma gets a taste back home. And they have all these voices getting in ther heads telling them they SHOULD be getting this money, and they know its against rules. They just don't give a damn about rules. They hear how they are being exploited for a free college education and the best support system money can buy most students don't benefit from similarly. They have voices telling them to just get dat GWOP . Dolla Dolla bill, y'all. They believe they are entitled to it, and in fact if they don't benefit as much as the next cat, they are being disrespected.

    In his mind, for example, a Ray Smalls truely believes that 103K show up on Saturday to watch HIM. As if it all started the day kids like him and TPeezy2 committed to "The University of Ohio State". They'd sell their gold pants for a quarter ounce. They don't value them. Hell, they have no context for what they even mean. JT tells them stories of Chic Harley and the MEGO. They have no sense of perspective that you and I can identify with, and vice versa. Think about what a kid from PA who isn't TPeezy2 shells out:


    http://undergrad.osu.edu/money-matte...-and-fees.html

    $ 34K / year non-res tuition, room & board.

    If a kid really is from a poor family, he might qualify for additional FA to meet his full educational need, which includes:

    http://sfa.osu.edu/awardguide/columbuson.pdf


    That is a 5 year scholarship, BTW. So that's minimally $ 170,000 Pryor is getting that is scoffed at, along with one of the best half-dozen internships and lab experiences he can get for his real career preparation. But apparently this is of insignificant value to them and their enablers. Too many of these kids have damn near zero interest in class. They have near zero interest in education other than the right lines about "getting my education".

    103K showed up to see TPeezy2. 103K will show up this year when he's gone. Kid don't get it. Neither do those who insist how "exploited" these kids allegedly are, IMO.

    And that's all it is opinion. Not trying to start any flame wars with anyone.



    Not all college kids or even tOSU foootballers have this attitude. Less did before 2002, sadly.

    But this new breed of kid? You recruit trash, don't be shocked when your program smells like a dump.

    8 - 3 / 7 - 4 with a house cleaning doesn't sound to bad to me with a rebuild.

  11. #40
    Rookie
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    59
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 23 Times in 9 Posts

    Default Re: Should the Buckeye's "Fab Five" be allowed to play football again for OSU?

    Quote Originally Posted by b00bie View Post
    What supplemental draft? #lockout
    B00bie, w/ no S Draft , 10 : 1 Demaurice talks him into being an new anti-trust plaintiff suing for a right to sign with any team as a UFA is 3...2...1...

  12. #41
    BANNED Maximus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Mentor
    Posts
    17,139
    Thanks
    5,540
    Thanked 26,564 Times in 4,019 Posts

    Default Re: Should the Buckeye's "Fab Five" be allowed to play football again for OSU?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus
    Can't help but think Pryor will end up in the supplemental draft...
    Quote Originally Posted by b00bie View Post
    What supplemental draft? #lockout
    The NFL supplemental draft that will be held in July....despite the lockout.

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maximus For This Useful Post:


  14. #42
    Rising Star Bob_The_Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,726
    Thanks
    110
    Thanked 1,326 Times in 546 Posts

    Default Re: Should the Buckeye's "Fab Five" be allowed to play football again for OSU?

    Quote Originally Posted by DougHeil View Post
    I've been very confused about something for awhile now, and this new stuff with all these players saying they needed the money, etc is what is confusing to me.

    I went 3 years of college. My parents sent me $10 a week for a little money in my pocket. I really didn't need it as I got breakfast, lunch and dinner given to me by the school as it was paid for with the tuition. What I don't get, and granted, back then one dollar went way further than it does now, but what exactly do these football players need this money for? For dates? For alcohol? For drugs? It can't be for food as that's paid for already. I'm very sure they also get 3 meals a day, right? So what is it they need the money for?

    Further; I understand these players get a few bucks each time they go on the road for a game. I also understand it's actually quite substantial as to what they get. They can put away the left over money as I guess it's a few thousand PER GAME. Is this right? If so, PLEASE tell me why ALL these kids are saying they needed the money so that is why they sold their pants and rings, etc? Why?

    I want to know in exact detail the reason a football player going to college with ALL 3 meals a day paid for needs to have all this money? I'm very serious about this as it's been bugging the shit out of me for a very long time.
    It's because many of these guys live way beyond their means. A lot of these players come from poor backgrounds, but they want to be seen as the big dogs on campus and try to emulate the pro players that actually have money. Ray Small said he sold his stuff to make car payments. Well what's the logical conclusion here? If you're a scholarship athlete who doesn't come from a very good background (to where your parents could pick up a payment if necessary) then there is no reason to go out and get a loan on a car. If you don't buy a new car, you don't have to sell your shit to make your car payments.

    I knew very few people in college that purchased a car while in college, and if they did it was usually when they were about to graduate. Why didn't they buy a car? Because as a full time college student, they knew they couldn't afford it. That being said, when you see an athlete driving around in a brand new car, who you know doesn't come from a very good background, the only obvious conclusion is someone else is paying for it.

    While at OU, some of my best friends were on the basketball and football teams. They get stipends every quarter (or semester) to pay for housing, food, living expenses, and other incidentals. More often than not, they would always have a decent chunk of money left over from their stipend. Their books are paid for by the school. They get a per diem on every road trip. The point I'm making is that every true necessity is for these guys is paid for by the school. The only reason that they would need more money is because they are buying things that someone who has zero income has absolutely no business buying (like a new car).

  15. #43
    Team Player
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    692
    Thanks
    395
    Thanked 236 Times in 98 Posts

    Default Re: Should the Buckeye's "Fab Five" be allowed to play football again for OSU?

    incarceratedbob
    **BREAKING NEWS**:Source: Terrelle Pryor is looking into entering the NFL supplemental draft (If they have one) or possible CFL 1 year deal
    via Twitter

  16. #44
    Team Player
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    692
    Thanks
    395
    Thanked 236 Times in 98 Posts

    Default Re: Should the Buckeye's "Fab Five" be allowed to play football again for OSU?

    more...
    incarceratedbob
    **BREAKING NEWS**2nd Source: Confirms T Pryor did speak to multiple agents including the notorious @Rosenhaussports - He is done @ Ohio ST
    via twitter

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •