Page 264 of 1098 FirstFirst ... 164214254262263264265266274314364764 ... LastLast
Results 3,946 to 3,960 of 16456

Thread: 2012 Draft

Thanks
    Thanked 5,300 Times in 1,879 Posts

Default Re: 2012 Draft

Quote Originally Posted by Triumph36 View Post
    hypothetical:

season ends today and the cavs are drafting 10th. beal, lamb, etc are all off the board and the cavs are looking at the likes of henson, zeller, t jones and those types of players.

team who drafted anthony davis #1 values quantity over quality and offers davis for thompson and #10.

yes or no?
    YES!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,754 Times in 1,026 Posts

If we have the hypothetical opportunity to possibly trade for anthony davis, I trade everyone on the team not named Kyrie with 2 firsts, and I'll take back as many bad contracts as they need to get rid of.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to howler1313 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,813 Times in 1,333 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by *L-Train* View Post
    yes yes yes

unfortunately would never happen not even the Bobcats are that dumb
    when it's a team owned by mj, expect the unexpected. cho would probably talk him out of it, but still.

i wouldn't be entirely surprised to see a team like washington do it though. they're not exactly known for their great moves and already have a lot invested in blatche both emotionally and financially. moving him to the bench in favor of davis could be problematic and obv you don't play davis bench minutes. thompson though is more suited for the bench and they'd also get to fill another need with #10. 2 picks is better than 1 obv!

or maybe new orleans. coming out of the draft with two new lottery picks and the #4 pick from just a year earlier would be a nice way to kick start the rebuild.

truthfully i am just trying to convince myself that the cavs still have a chance at davis, somehow
    Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer10 View Post
    Or you trade the #10 pick and another one of our first rounders (from a possible Sessions deal or one of Miami's for example) to move up 1 or 2 spots to get Beal or Lamb.
    absolutely. cavs should be drafting as high as they possibly can.

but getting davis is better even tho it'd cost way more

Savior of Humanity InBoobieWeTrust's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,130 Times in 1,403 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Triumph36 View Post
    hypothetical:

season ends today and the cavs are drafting 10th. beal, lamb, etc are all off the board and the cavs are looking at the likes of henson, zeller, t jones and those types of players.

team who drafted anthony davis #1 values quantity over quality and offers davis for thompson and #10.

yes or no?
    Yeah, I'd take Anthony Davis in that scenario. One big reservation I have with Davis is that we already have Thompson(not that that would stop me from picking Davis in certain situations), but I would feel less awkward about the situation if we were only to have one of the two.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,983 Times in 1,436 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by InBoobieWeTrust View Post
    Yeah, I'd take Anthony Davis in that scenario. One big reservation I have with Davis is that we already have Thompson(not that that would stop me from picking Davis in certain situations), but I would feel less awkward about the situation if we were only to have one of the two.
    Thompson could be our back-up PF-C of the future, similar to how Andy was, and be great off the bench while Davis could be our starting PF. Also, Davis has the length to play at center. All he needs to do is gain at least 30 pounds, which is not hard to do at all considering his massive frame. He's already noticeably bigger than he was at the start of the season. There are plenty of situations where both of them could work especially with Davis being a decent scorer.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Löttery Göd For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,313 Times in 2,873 Posts

I would give up the whole team except Irving + all our draft picks this year to land Davis.

Our team would be terribly weak next year and we'd land Shabaz and build a dynasty. lololol NBA 2k12

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,313 Times in 2,873 Posts

The sad thing is whoever is drafting #1 would probably still say no. It's not like we'd be giving them much of anything if we're excluding Irving, despite people leading you to believe we are chock full of diamonds in the rough.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,952 Times in 1,163 Posts

We have a better chance of finishing with the 14th worst record and winning the lottery than trading for Anthony Davis.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MRMsix6 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,754 Times in 1,026 Posts

“I see how they come up here and say how bad they want to win and how bad they want to go to the Final Four,” said Moultrie, “but everybody doesn’t work as hard as they say, with as bad as they want to win.”
    Moultrie called out his teammates as they're on a 5 game losing streak. Probably goes a bit too far by criticizing their work ethics.

Team Player
    Thanks

I didn't watch that video of Moultre just now.

I don't know how Moultre is considered a top 10 pick

Thanks
    Thanked 5,300 Times in 1,879 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by InBoobieWeTrust View Post
    Not nearly as good defensively, both man-to-man and in rotations. Thompson is and will likely be a better rebounder as well because of how good he is on the offensive glass(which also are more valuable rebounds).

Also, Thompson shows real ability to play down low in the NBA(mainly due to quick, explosive leaping, long arms, and soft touch from short range with both hands), I don't project Robinson to have any post-game whatsoever in the NBA.

I disagree with your assessment of the two players. I think Thompson provides more long-term potential along with already proving to be an effective defender and rebounder at the NBA level.
    IBWT, we're going to have to agree to disagree. I've seen more post moves and better footwork from Robinson in four minutes against OSU than I've seen all year from Thompson. (I want to say you arrived at the "no post game at all" because all that's really shown of Robinson are his dunks. The guy has some very good footwork in the post, and he doesn't just rely on his strength and leaping ability. But if I'm wrong, please don't let me put words in your mouth.)

Robinson has just as nice a touch, is just as (if not more so) explosive, and has already boxed out better in this game alone than Thompson has on the defensive end all season (I'm not talking about strength either, I'm talking fundamentals and footwork).

Robinson already has a decent (not great) mid-range jumper, something Thompson may never develop based on his horrible shooting form. Robinson is quicker and a better ball-handler.

In fact, I vehemently disagree with your assessment, but I guess we won't really know who's right for another 5-10 years.

EDIT: I think the real answer here is that the Cavs need to send Thompson to work with Danny Manning ALL SUMMER. Robinson's improvement from last year to this year alone should be enough to convince anyone of that.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Czvosec For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,541 Times in 872 Posts

Boobie is high on Perry Jones and also has Sullinger ahead of T> Rob at the NBA level. Tough to really comprehend . He is a good poster, but his draft evaluations this year are puzzling at best!

Quote Originally Posted by Czvosec View Post
    IBWT, we're going to have to agree to disagree. I've seen more post moves and better footwork from Robinson in four minutes against OSU than I've seen all year from Thompson. (I want to say you arrived at the "no post game at all" because all that's really shown of Robinson are his dunks. The guy has some very good footwork in the post, and he doesn't just rely on his strength and leaping ability. But if I'm wrong, please don't let me put words in your mouth.)

Robinson has just as nice a touch, is just as (if not more so) explosive, and has already boxed out better in this game alone than Thompson has on the defensive end all season (I'm not talking about strength either, I'm talking fundamentals and footwork).

Robinson already has a decent (not great) mid-range jumper, something Thompson may never develop based on his horrible shooting form. Robinson is quicker and a better ball-handler.

In fact, I vehemently disagree with your assessment, but I guess we won't really know who's right for another 5-10 years.

EDIT: I think the real answer here is that the Cavs need to send Thompson to work with Danny Manning ALL SUMMER. Robinson's improvement from last year to this year alone should be enough to convince anyone of that.

Thanks

#13/#16 FLA plays at Vanderbilt on ESPN at 9pm tonight. Great chance to see potentially 5 players that will be drafted this June.

VANDERBILT
    1. SG John Jenkins (Junior 6'4" 215lbs , 20ppg, 49% FG, 46% 3PT, 85% FT) Projected Early 20s
    2. SF Jeffery Taylor (Senior 6'7" 225lbs, 17ppg, 6reb, 52%FG, 46% 3PT) Projected Mid/Late 20s
    3. C Festus Ezeli (Senior 6'11" 255lbs, better season averages last year at 13ppg, 6.3reb, 2.6blks, and 59%FG) Projected mid/late 2nd Round

When I saw them play live at UF, Jenkins and Taylor were just studs. I remember people on this thread talking about how well they played - they looked even better in person, I was very impressed. These guys can both score very efficiently and in bunches, if the Cavs buy a pick or trade Sessions or someone for a pick in the 20s, who knows - they could give these two a look. Ezeli has pretty good size and can block some shots, played well in 2 games vs Kentucky and against ranked Miss St. I mean for a 2nd rounder, he'll probably end up better then Milan Macvan lol.

FLORIDA
    1. Sophomore Patric Young F/C. Absolute monster physically. So athletic. If he declares for the draft, he'll go anywhere from 14-25ish depending on how he finishes the season. With the Gators missing Yeguete for the rest of the season (one of their best rebounders and defenders) Patric is basically the sole post player left on the roster who can body up the big men. His discipline will be on the look out tonight because he CANNOT get in foul trouble for literally the rest of the season. He HAS to be available to be on the floor at anytime or the Gators basically have to play like 5 guards or 4 guards and a would-have-normally-been-bench-warming forward.

2. AND OF COURSE, SG Brad Beal. Or should I say, SG/SF/PF/C Brad Beal, because basically the 2010 top 10 pick is going to be playing A LOT of 4 tonight if I have to guess. Great chance to watch how physical and big he plays for a guard. And even though the size of the people he'll be guarding is not in his favor on defense, on the other end it will be interesting to see if he exposes them. Not only will he replace Yeguete as the "4", but he will replace him as the lead defender in the Gators press which worked so well vs Vandy last time.

Here is what they say in the campus paper:

Without Yeguete, if the Gators decide to press they will rely on Beal, who has a team high 38 steals. Vanderbilt has built up the SEC's second-leading scoring offense behind Jenkins' league-high 20 points per game and senior guard Jeffery Taylor's average of 17.3 points. While the Commodores are also shooting a conference-leading 42.3 percent from three, the Gators held them more than 10 percentage points under their league average in February on 8-25 shooting. "Matching our effectiveness on defense is going to be one of our biggest challenges since the first game because those guys are so great at scoring," Beal said. "Their whole team is so good at using screens and creating offense off of those screens, so we basically just have to maintain our composure on defense and then be mentally ready for everything that comes at us."

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to YuenglingGator For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,994 Times in 1,618 Posts

When I've watched Florida I usually focus on Beal so I haven't payed a ton of attention to Young. Would Kendrick Perkins be a decent comparison for him? Strong, athletic, defensively oriented. Like I said, haven't paid a ton of attention to him but that's the vibe I've gotten.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by D-Wreck View Post
    When I've watched Florida I usually focus on Beal so I haven't payed a ton of attention to Young. Would Kendrick Perkins be a decent comparison for him? Strong, athletic, defensively oriented. Like I said, haven't paid a ton of attention to him but that's the vibe I've gotten.
    Strong, athletic, defensively oriented definitely describe him along with powerful, explosive, good motor. Perkins is a good comparison but Perk is still a couple inches taller and heavier, so maybe not their physical makeup but their style certainly. Young is basically a physical specimen, very chiseled, great potential, just still so raw and needs a lot of development. Isn't that skilled. Basically imagine Amare's body, or like a 6'9" mini-Dwight, but with no offensive game like Amare has. He is in a sense like Andre Drummond physically but 6'9" not 7'. I read once his absolute ceiling is Ben Wallace, floor Shelden Williams. I have also seen him kind of compared to like a rich man's Joel Anthony meaning better offensively which isn't hard to do lol

23. The Following User Says Thank You to YuenglingGator For This Useful Post: