Page 303 of 1098 FirstFirst ... 203253293301302303304305313353403803 ... LastLast
Results 4,531 to 4,545 of 16456

Thread: 2012 Draft

Thanks
    Thanked 1,868 Times in 845 Posts

Default Re: 2012 Draft

Quote Originally Posted by Silky Smooth View Post
    That's still not bad for us considering Kyrie is our superstar.
    What we really need is a wing scorer.

Beal/Rivers/Lamb type guy

One thing you DO NOT want is to have your PG be your leading scorer as well as distributor.

If Kyrie can give us 19-22 ppg with 8-9 assists over the years then it's perfect to add a wing scorer with him.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cavsfan1985 View Post
    I think what it came down to was St. Louis did not want another 1st round pick this year. They gained another second to help for this year. If they could trade say this years extra 2nd rd and maybe a 3rd to move up to 4 to get Blackman, they are in great shape for next 2 years with 2 first round picks. I think they also assume that Wash will be worse then us next year.
    Grant should have packaged Samardo, Hollins, and the Kings protected 1st for this pick. I may be wrong, but have a feeling RGIII could be a mean combo guard in this league.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,418 Times in 459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cavsfan1985 View Post
    I think what it came down to was St. Louis did not want another 1st round pick this year. They gained another second to help for this year. If they could trade say this years extra 2nd rd and maybe a 3rd to move up to 4 to get Blackman, they are in great shape for next 2 years with 2 first round picks. I think they also assume that Wash will be worse then us next year.
    Probably so, now onto the Cavs.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to UDcleveland For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks

Want Drummond so bad. But Beal seems to be a hopper too. Harrison Barnes is still my fave wing in the draft. But Austin Rivers has it to me. It seems like he'll come right in and be a beast

Thanks
    Thanked 5,955 Times in 2,041 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by edg1931 View Post
    I don't think there are may teams out there who would want to play the Cavs in the playoffs with how well Kyrie has been playing. I think they could surprise some teams and would it not be the most awesome story in Cleveland history if the Cavs face the Heat in the first round and actually beat them!?

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Czvosec For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,935 Times in 791 Posts

I really don't think Kyrie and Rivers would mesh very well. I would take Beal over Rivers any day.

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Toph For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Anyone know anything about Evan Fournier? I have seen him going in the late first round in a lot of people's mock drafts. Also, Andrew Nicholson has been on a tear lately, definitely see him being a good player for whoever takes him in the late first round/early 2nd. Going to be fun to watch him go against such a great defense in FSU

Banned
    Thanks

I know that a lot of fans are thinking that this draft isn't going to be as deep as they once thought it would be. However, keep in mind that most of the people that started saying that the draft wouldn't be as deep as originally thought to be, was analysts who saw teams like UConn, Vandy, Villanova, Memphis,etc all perform at a much lower level than expected. Then there were teams like Ohio State, who lost 3 games in a 5-game stretch... those same analysts started questioning the Buckeyes ability to get to the sweet-16... then a mere two weeks later those same people did another about-face, and said that the Buckeyes had thrust themselves back into title contention.

Fact is this: The Buckeyes have had the same talent all year... They have the "ability" to win a title, regardless of how many games they have won or lost.

Same with those players - the ones that made this draft so damn deep - They haven't suddenly lost their talent. They may have had a bad stretch, or their team was struggling for whatever reason, but those players are every bit as talented as they were when the prognosticators originally talked about the depth and possible greatness of this draft.

Those that think otherwise have allowed themselves to be misled. Instead of reading articles written by a writer who likely wont watch half the tournament, how about you take the next couple weeks and watch as many games as you possibly can - and make your own decision about how talented this draft is gonna be.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,014 Times in 918 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rysen View Post
    I know that a lot of fans are thinking that this draft isn't going to be as deep as they once thought it would be. However, keep in mind that most of the people that started saying that the draft wouldn't be as deep as originally thought to be, was analysts who saw teams like UConn, Vandy, Villanova, Memphis,etc all perform at a much lower level than expected. Then there were teams like Ohio State, who lost 3 games in a 5-game stretch... those same analysts started questioning the Buckeyes ability to get to the sweet-16... then a mere two weeks later those same people did another about-face, and said that the Buckeyes had thrust themselves back into title contention.

Fact is this: The Buckeyes have had the same talent all year... They have the "ability" to win a title, regardless of how many games they have won or lost.

Same with those players - the ones that made this draft so damn deep - They haven't suddenly lost their talent. They may have had a bad stretch, or their team was struggling for whatever reason, but those players are every bit as talented as they were when the prognosticators originally talked about the depth and possible greatness of this draft.

Those that think otherwise have allowed themselves to be misled. Instead of reading articles written by a writer who likely wont watch half the tournament, how about you take the next couple weeks and watch as many games as you possibly can - and make your own decision about how talented this draft is gonna be.
    The reasoning behind the draft not being quite as deep as once thought is because a lot of guys near the top haven't lived up to expectations(Sully, PJIII, Barnes, Drummond) and it seems like there could definitely be a few guys who decide to stay in school.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Giambiwannabe7 For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SmknJoe7 View Post
    The reasoning behind the draft not being quite as deep as once thought is because a lot of guys near the top haven't lived up to expectations(Sully, PJIII, Barnes, Drummond) and it seems like there could definitely be a few guys who decide to stay in school.
    Although I agree with Drummond, you are way off base on the others you mentioned.

Sully - He hasn't lived up to expectations? He's added a jump shot, and raised his numbers everywhere. No, Sully has lived up to what he was expected.

Barnes - Nobody thought he was a defensive stalwart. He is an offensive nightnare for any team that has to play against him. He has played less minuted in his Soph year, and scored 2 more ppg, and raised his shooting averages despite having slightly more attempts per game. This is the best player in the draft - make no mistake about it.

PJ3 - The kid is what he is... he is a shooting guard on stilts. He will be picked lower than he should be, because he has grown 6 inches over the last 2 yrs and isnt used to his body yet, but when he gets to the NBA and has pros working with him to fill out; man, watch out!

McAdoo- He's one of the guys you could have mentioned w/o me arguing. He was expected to be a great college player, but his attitude has benched him.

I can probably name 50 guys that most of you haven't heard of that will be in this draft, guys like Garrett Stutz, and (especially) Jae Crowder; or Drew Gordon, John Jenkins, Michael Snaer, Moser, Henry Sims (extremely under-rated), and so many more. This draft is really talented! The Cavs are gonna get at-least 3 players (that make the team) w/o any deadline deals. Likely both 2nd rounders will stick, as I like the Cavaliers' scouting dept., and think they'll get the right type of players (kids with good attitude, coach-able, etc.).

Birthing All-Stars Free Agency God's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,554 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rysen View Post
    Although I agree with Drummond, you are way off base on the others you mentioned.

Sully - He hasn't lived up to expectations? He's added a jump shot, and raised his numbers everywhere. No, Sully has lived up to what he was expected.

Barnes - Nobody thought he was a defensive stalwart. He is an offensive nightnare for any team that has to play against him. He has played less minuted in his Soph year, and scored 2 more ppg, and raised his shooting averages despite having slightly more attempts per game. This is the best player in the draft - make no mistake about it.

PJ3 - The kid is what he is... he is a shooting guard on stilts. He will be picked lower than he should be, because he has grown 6 inches over the last 2 yrs and isnt used to his body yet, but when he gets to the NBA and has pros working with him to fill out; man, watch out!

McAdoo- He's one of the guys you could have mentioned w/o me arguing. He was expected to be a great college player, but his attitude has benched him.

I can probably name 50 guys that most of you haven't heard of that will be in this draft, guys like Garrett Stutz, and (especially) Jae Crowder; or Drew Gordon, John Jenkins, Michael Snaer, Moser, Henry Sims (extremely under-rated), and so many more. This draft is really talented! The Cavs are gonna get at-least 3 players (that make the team) w/o any deadline deals. Likely both 2nd rounders will stick, as I like the Cavaliers' scouting dept., and think they'll get the right type of players (kids with good attitude, coach-able, etc.).

Thanks
    Thanked 23,943 Times in 5,306 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by guitarlifter View Post
    Don't stress out arguing with someone who was banned for good earlier today...

17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to wuck For This Useful Post:

Team Player
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wuck View Post
    Don't stress out arguing with someone who was banned for good earlier today...
    If only we could truly keep heath away for good...

19. The Following User Says Thank You to winner0274 For This Useful Post:

~
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,862 Times in 2,489 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by winner0274 View Post
    If only we could truly keep heath away for good...
    Yeah, there's something to be said for just letting the folks who want to put him on ignore do it just once and be done with it; but I'm surprised he was allowed to last this long given how much he apparently went out of his way to piss off the mods/admins of the board.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bcortell View Post
    Fab seems dumb as rocks. As a late pick, he's probably not a bad prospect, but I have a feeling he'll disappoint a lot of people. He's got the brains of Javale McGee mixed with Demarcus Cousins.
    Fab is ineligible for the tourney...

Also makes me not having Syracuse in the Final Four more likely.