Page 315 of 1098 FirstFirst ... 215265305313314315316317325365415815 ... LastLast
Results 4,711 to 4,725 of 16456

Thread: 2012 Draft

  1. #4711
    Valuable Trading Chip D-Wreck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kent, OH
    Posts
    5,136
    Thanks
    4,842
    Thanked 5,362 Times in 2,036 Posts

    Default Re: 2012 Draft

    Quote Originally Posted by "Boobie" Gibson View Post
    Lol and what is it that makes him such a terrible fit?...
    He's useless without the ball in his hands, he scores solely out of isolations.

    Maybe he can change, but I'd rather take Beal or Lamb, who we know can play off the ball effectively.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to D-Wreck For This Useful Post:


  3. #4712
    Rising Star metalman213's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,712
    Thanks
    1,074
    Thanked 992 Times in 443 Posts

    Default Re: 2012 Draft

    Chad ford now has mcadoo number seven. wasn't in lottery before. Beware. Had a good couple games, but he's come out of nowhere recently. Don't need another pf anyways

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to metalman213 For This Useful Post:


  5. #4713
    So we come to it at last Chris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    23,008
    Thanks
    6,708
    Thanked 8,078 Times in 3,434 Posts

    Default Re: 2012 Draft

    Quote Originally Posted by catfish View Post
    Here is a name for our first pick that hasnt been mentioned yet-James Mcadoo. If he can play the small forward he might be our man especially if we move up to 7
    I'll have to check him out again. I saw him early in the year the little he played IIRC ... and he looked like filth. He's playing a bunch now or what?

  6. #4714
    I have no idea YuenglingGator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    St Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    533
    Thanks
    1,093
    Thanked 592 Times in 197 Posts

    Default Re: 2012 Draft

    Jared Sullinger. Yuck no thanks. Everyone liking him should remove the homer goggles ASAP. He struggles against anyone with size, and it just so happens there are a lot of big men with size in the NBA.

  7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to YuenglingGator For This Useful Post:


  8. #4715
    Valuable Trading Chip D-Wreck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kent, OH
    Posts
    5,136
    Thanks
    4,842
    Thanked 5,362 Times in 2,036 Posts

    Default Re: 2012 Draft

    We NEED to take Aaron Craft, trade Irving for a 2013 1st rounder and build around Craft!

    Get it done Grant!

  9. #4716
    BARNES BRIGADE $ Donator Pavlovic3Ball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Lakewood
    Posts
    4,044
    Thanks
    3,267
    Thanked 1,964 Times in 1,089 Posts

    Default Re: 2012 Draft

    Quote Originally Posted by CavsinFL View Post
    Jared Sullinger. Yuck no thanks. Everyone liking him should remove the homer goggles ASAP. He struggles against anyone with size, and it just so happens there are a lot of big men with size in the NBA.
    Im a huge Perry Jones basher, and even I would take him over Sullinger. Low upisde.

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pavlovic3Ball For This Useful Post:


  11. #4717
    Rising Star metalman213's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,712
    Thanks
    1,074
    Thanked 992 Times in 443 Posts

    Default Re: 2012 Draft

    Quote Originally Posted by Pavlovic3Ball View Post
    Im a huge Perry Jones basher, and even I would take him over Sullinger. Low upisde.
    really? i wouldnt. sullinger has hit 2-2 from 3s today, and i think he could be a nice stretch 4 in the nba. i dont see his upside being as high as PJ3, but his floor is tons higher than PJ3s. you know what you are getting with sullinger: rebounding and a 4 who can hit jumpers. i think he would be great in pick and pop situations. makes free throws. if hes available in the 10-12 area i think thats kind of a steal.

  12. #4718
    El Campeón Dodger Champion Feed The King Champion Grab the Green Champion Pretty Kitty Champion Bubble Jumper Champion Master Mahjongg Champion HACKER Champion Blockdown Champion Find the keys Champion Pretty Puppies Puzzles Champion Mega Bounce Champion 2mazed Champion Quadratical Champion NtG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    1,475
    Thanks
    2,964
    Thanked 2,674 Times in 645 Posts

    Default Re: 2012 Draft

    Quote Originally Posted by metalman213 View Post
    really? i wouldnt. sullinger has hit 2-2 from 3s today, and i think he could be a nice stretch 4 in the nba. i dont see his upside being as high as PJ3, but his floor is tons higher than PJ3s. you know what you are getting with sullinger: rebounding and a 4 who can hit jumpers. i think he would be great in pick and pop situations. makes free throws. if hes available in the 10-12 area i think thats kind of a steal.
    Sullinger will be solid in the NBA, but he is not going to be a star. The way I see it, we need that 2nd star to put next to Irving in this draft and there is maybe 6-7 guys that would fit, Sullinger not being one of them.
    I enjoy looking at puppies

  13. #4719
    Rising Star metalman213's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,712
    Thanks
    1,074
    Thanked 992 Times in 443 Posts

    Default Re: 2012 Draft

    Quote Originally Posted by NtG View Post
    Sullinger will be solid in the NBA, but he is not going to be a star. The way I see it, we need that 2nd star to put next to Irving in this draft and there is maybe 6-7 guys that would fit, Sullinger not being one of them.
    i dont think he would fit the best on our team, even though the irving-sullinger pnr would be lethal since he can hit that midrange j. in the 10-12 range, sullinger would be great value though. i think he could average maybe around 18-8 or somewhere around there in the nba.

  14. #4720
    BARNES BRIGADE $ Donator Pavlovic3Ball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Lakewood
    Posts
    4,044
    Thanks
    3,267
    Thanked 1,964 Times in 1,089 Posts

    Default Re: 2012 Draft

    Quote Originally Posted by metalman213 View Post
    really? i wouldnt. sullinger has hit 2-2 from 3s today, and i think he could be a nice stretch 4 in the nba. i dont see his upside being as high as PJ3, but his floor is tons higher than PJ3s. you know what you are getting with sullinger: rebounding and a 4 who can hit jumpers. i think he would be great in pick and pop situations. makes free throws. if hes available in the 10-12 area i think thats kind of a steal.
    I think Sullinger is someone that can contribute faster than most of the other prospects in the draft. But there a bunch of power forwards I would take over him. Davis, Robsinson, Henson, and Jones of the top of my head. I would even take tweener Terrance Jones over him.

  15. #4721
    Team Player
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,367
    Thanks
    158
    Thanked 429 Times in 145 Posts

    Default Re: 2012 Draft

    Sullinger needs to develop his low post game more than most. He lost 20 lbs and is still not explosive at all. It's good that he's developed the jumper but he's got to have some reliable moves down low. If I were him I'd stay another year and work on that, as well as continuing to hit the weight room to transform more of that flab into muscle.

  16. #4722
    Team Player
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    850
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 28 Times in 18 Posts

    Default Re: 2012 Draft

    I like Sullenger but I don't think he's going to be a huge force in the NBA. He reminds me a lot of Boozer, probably has more range on his jump shot and less attitude.

  17. #4723
    Rising Star metalman213's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,712
    Thanks
    1,074
    Thanked 992 Times in 443 Posts

    Default Re: 2012 Draft

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    Sullinger needs to develop his low post game more than most. He lost 20 lbs and is still not explosive at all. It's good that he's developed the jumper but he's got to have some reliable moves down low. If I were him I'd stay another year and work on that, as well as continuing to hit the weight room to transform more of that flab into muscle.
    hes considered by most draft experts to have the best low post game in all of college basketball.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to metalman213 For This Useful Post:


  19. #4724
    All Star howler1313's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,227
    Thanks
    3,074
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 1,059 Posts

    Default Re: 2012 Draft

    I see a bit too much of Sean May in Sullinger. Makes me a bit uncomfortable with him as a prospect

  20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to howler1313 For This Useful Post:


  21. #4725
    Team Player
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,367
    Thanks
    158
    Thanked 429 Times in 145 Posts

    Default Re: 2012 Draft

    Quote Originally Posted by metalman213 View Post
    hes considered by most draft experts to have the best low post game in all of college basketball.
    He doesn't really have any go to moves though...just throwing his weight around and powering through guys. That's why he struggles whenever he comes up against someone with the size to hold their position.
    That little hook shot was good...if he can consistently do that with some control, that would be big. A lot of the time he throws up an out of control hook shot.

  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bob Loblaw For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •