Page 483 of 1098 FirstFirst ... 383433473481482483484485493533583983 ... LastLast
Results 7,231 to 7,245 of 16456

Thread: 2012 Draft

Thanks
    Thanked 1,678 Times in 764 Posts

Default Re: 2012 Draft

Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer10 View Post
    Are you just ignoring the last 2 months of the season: he was terrible for the last few weeks of the regular season, ACC tournament, and NCAA tournament
    I think you're ignoring everything before that, including his freshman season when he CARRIED that NC team in the ACC Tourney, dropped 40 on Clemson and made some extremely clutch shots.

Thanks

I haven't watched enough of Barnes to really know where I'd draft him, but we could certainly use a 6'8 guy who can shoot. Our current team has serious spacing issues because we don't have many deep threats. Having an SF who can really shoot wouldn't be the end of the world.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,030 Times in 1,545 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Triplethreat View Post
    I think you're ignoring everything before that, including his freshman season when he CARRIED that NC team in the ACC Tourney, dropped 40 on Clemson and made some extremely clutch shots.
    Same fallacy that you're bringing up with Nike Hoops Summit. Gameplans get better and players mature differently with time. Teams know if they can make Barnes dribble he becomes much less effective. This year even the announcers were aware that if you can bother him quickly and put it on the floor, he's not one would want in a top 5 selection

The only thing as I've previously posted that suggests one should look at his older performance is Kendall Marshall. Barnes is extremely dependent on having a competent PG. Luckily, for Barnes fan we have Irving but after the Lebron years I personally would prefer players who can create and carry a team without the teams main weapon being always at his best
    There is a tension, peculiar to basketball, between the interests of the team and the interests of the individual. The game continually tempts the people who play it to do things that are not in the interest of the group.
    Michael Lewis

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Pioneer10 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Guys, relax already. Max said we're getting PJ3.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bcort For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,808 Times in 1,040 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by metalman213 View Post
    Just wondering, but why do you think melo doesn't have a high upside? He's improved so much since his freshman year. with his size and shot blocking abilities, I think he has a pretty high upside, especially for that pick. He's also pretty athletic when he's in shape.

I agree about doron lamb. If we don't draft beal or jeremy lamb, id love to snag him.
    Not a very good rebounder. No discernible offensive game. He improved alot if the standard was going from being unable to walk and chew gum and to actually walking and chewing gum.

He reminds me of Brendan Haywood.
    Last edited by MYoung23; 04-16-2012 at 08:52 AM.

BARNES BRIGADE $ Donator Pavlovic3Ball's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,964 Times in 1,089 Posts

Beal's girlfriend is meh......

Not ugly but nothing that catches the eye, at least from that pic.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,551 Times in 876 Posts

Anyone advacting picking Sullinger over Barnes is carzy. Barnes fits a need, which is a tall wing who can shoot defend. Sullinger does not fit the prototype of a B> Scott PF, I am sure he will have a nice NBA career as a "dujan Blair" role player, but it would be a waste of a top 7 pick. We need this years pick to be a huge part of our future and whoc an score 15-18 a night er even 18-21 a night if we are being greedy. Perry Jones could play the 3 full time, I would give him consideration, but he screams Tim Thomas to me and that would be a disaster! Remember we are not getting a top 5-7 pick next year in all likleyhood.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ajz20 For This Useful Post:

Team Player
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ajz20 View Post
    Anyone advacting picking Sullinger over Barnes is carzy. Barnes fits a need, which is a tall wing who can shoot defend. Sullinger does not fit the prototype of a B> Scott PF, I am sure he will have a nice NBA career as a "dujan Blair" role player, but it would be a waste of a top 7 pick. We need this years pick to be a huge part of our future and whoc an score 15-18 a night er even 18-21 a night if we are being greedy. f Perry Jones could polay the 3 full time, I would give him consideration, but he screams Tim Thomas to me and that would be a disaster! Remember we are not getting a top 5-7 pick next year in all likleyhood.
    If Sullinger measures in at a legit 6' 10" with a 7'+ wingspan, you could draft him as a center and pair him with Thompson. Sullinger would provide the coveted low post scoring that so many look for, and can also help spread the floor as his jump shot develops. I am not advocating a Sullinger selection per se, but I feel that he can fill a glaring need for our team. We could then look to target a wing with the Laker pick and/or our second round selections.

^ kind of a big deal! cavsfan1985's Avatar
    Thanks

I just don't think there is anyway he measures in at 6'10'', I am thinking the 6'8'' range.

Thanks

David Aldridge posted his shooting guard rankings today on NBA.com

http://www.nba.com/news/features/dav...rds/index.html

Excerpt:
    One NBA talent evaluator sees a little bit of Ray Allen in Bradley Beal.

"I'm not comparing him to Ray (Allen), but he's the best I've seen since Ray in terms of being able to catch and shoot," said an official from a Southeast Division.

Despite the high praise, Beal shot just 33.9 percent from beyond the arc during his lone season at Florida.

"The one thing that hindered him was (Kenny) Boynton and (Erving) Walker were chuckers," said a Southwest Division scout. "I saw him against Arizona and I wanted Bradley to get (ticked): 'Why don't y'all pass the ball?' But he stayed in his lane. If Bradley had played with a better point guard, he probably would have had better numbers."

Standing at 6-foot-3 with good length and a strong frame, Beal has the tools to play shooting guard at the next level.

"I think he can guard people," the Northwest scout said. "He's really, really strong, very physical. I think he takes it personally. He wants to guard. And if you're going to play for Billy (Donovan) you have to have some of that in you."
    Still befuddled by the Ray Allen comparison. Also, it's hard for me to trust the opinion of someone who obviously doesn't even know when he is or isn't making a comparison.
    Last edited by Henry Tuttle; 04-16-2012 at 12:03 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Henry Tuttle For This Useful Post:

Rising Star
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CavsinFL View Post
    Yes that's her! I have a good friend on the team, so I am in their locker room a lot studying and met her earlier today. Sweet girl.
    Very cool.
    I'll have to tell my daughter. Kytra's a phenomenal gymnast. The explosion that she & the other gymnasts have, is just incredible. The way they throw their bodies around with such speed & precision is amazing.

Yes, if Kytra & Beal were to ever have a kid...dang! That kid's guaranteed to excel in whatever sport he/she takes up.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to sailfish For This Useful Post:

Rising Star
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pavlovic3Ball View Post

I'm sure the attraction for Beal isn't just her face, although she certainly isn't bad looking. Those gymnasts have incredible physiques with very little body fat.
    My wife's an ex-gymnast. She's 35 now & 3 kids later, she still looks fantastic.

BTW, 'CavsFaninFL,' if you somehow finagled access to the Gators' gymnasts locker room, let me just say that I'm impressed. I'm sure you're doing alot of 'studying'....

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sailfish For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,551 Times in 876 Posts

Sullinger is not playing center in the NBA for long stretches of time. It would not work out well. We wont be considering Sullinger, unless we win out last 7 games are picking 10th.
    I like the man and what he did for my school, but I think it would be a horrible fit for what we need going forward. He has never been taller then 6'8 and it is a small 6'8 (probably 6'7 without shoes) so you are dreaming about him measuring at 6'10. I think we would look at Lamb way before Sullinger. He may not even be a top 10 pick anymore period, let alone top 5!

Here are the seven guys we need to zone in on
    Davis, MKG, Beal, Drummond, (*maybe Trobinson) Barnes, Lamb. Assuming we are picking 7th or lower, those should be the only guys being discussed. You could make a distant argument to consider P. Jones, if you want. There is no way Sullinger needs to be considered if we are picking top 7! We need to add scoring, (Gee is showing that he may be best as a bench player) We need a 2, 3 and a 5 unless we can land A.Davis . It is hard for me to even truly consider T. Robinson let alone Sullinger!

Quote Originally Posted by mcfly View Post
    If Sullinger measures in at a legit 6' 10" with a 7'+ wingspan, you could draft him as a center and pair him with Thompson. Sullinger would provide the coveted low post scoring that so many look for, and can also help spread the floor as his jump shot develops. I am not advocating a Sullinger selection per se, but I feel that he can fill a glaring need for our team. We could then look to target a wing with the Laker pick and/or our second round selections.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,310 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pavlovic3Ball View Post

Which is why we should draft him. He's a man with integrity.

(Curb reference, for anyone that watches that show)

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Czvosec For This Useful Post:

Practice Squad
    Thanks

IM IN. Also "Team Eric Gordon" pick him up in FA