View Poll Results: Would you welcome LBJ back?

Voters
841. You may not vote on this poll
  • Not a chance

231 27.47%
  • Sure, everyone deserves a second chance

435 51.72%
  • Not at first, but would warm to it

180 21.40%
  • Only if its in a year past 2014

17 2.02%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 106 of 1551 FirstFirst ... 656961041051061071081161562066061106 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 23262
    Thanks

Default Re: The Lebron Safari 2014

Quote Originally Posted by blue_kahuna View Post
    Jay_em just wants everyone to think that clutchness is making shots in the last 48 minutes of a game and not the last 5 seconds.
    yeah cuz thats what i said/was saying.

Blue Donkey Kong Champion Ocean Force Champion Cell Defense Champion Bird Saver Champion Jigsaw: Rocky Waters Champion Brave Old World Champion Jigsaw: Boats And Fire Hydrant Champion Jigsaw: Narrow Street Champion A Miko Tale Marionette: Another Tale Champion Balancing Mathai Champion Jigsaw: Red Toadstool Champion Jigsaw: Wood Formation Champion 4Blocks Champion CircusCircus Champion Jigsaw: Slate Mine Champion Spencer Hawes's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,806 Times in 745 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KCOTT View Post
    I don't think that defines being clutch either if you're only looking at the last 5 seconds. Basically, you're just proving who's the better jump shooter and not necessarily the more clutch player. I don't know, I guess I'd rather have LeBron than Kobe in the last 2 minutes if my team was down. Sure if it came down to a single jump shot with less than 5 seconds left, I guess I take Kobe. But I don't know if that really makes him more clutch than LeBron, a better jump shooter, yes.
    I'd rather have #6 in Miami handling the ball with the game on the line PROVIDED he makes the highest percentage play. And that I mean, not passing to Udonis Haslem for a jump shot. If he was passing to a jump shooter like James Jones or Mario Chalmers, then I can understand but Udonis Haslem? The pass was the correct one but not to the correct person so fundamentally, it's the correct play but not the highest percentage play from my point of view. Until he learns how to make the "high percentage" play and not the "right play", he'll never get over that stigma of a choker in the 4th quarter.

Blue Donkey Kong Champion Ocean Force Champion Cell Defense Champion Bird Saver Champion Jigsaw: Rocky Waters Champion Brave Old World Champion Jigsaw: Boats And Fire Hydrant Champion Jigsaw: Narrow Street Champion A Miko Tale Marionette: Another Tale Champion Balancing Mathai Champion Jigsaw: Red Toadstool Champion Jigsaw: Wood Formation Champion 4Blocks Champion CircusCircus Champion Jigsaw: Slate Mine Champion Spencer Hawes's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jay_em View Post
    yeah cuz thats what i said/was saying.
    How does #6's salty balls taste after games?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Spencer Hawes For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,465 Times in 1,280 Posts

I'd rather have #6 in Miami handling the ball with the game on the line PROVIDED he makes the highest percentage play. And that I mean, not passing to Udonis Haslem for a jump shot. If he was passing to a jump shooter like James Jones or Mario Chalmers, then I can understand but Udonis Haslem? The pass was the correct one but not to the correct person so fundamentally, it's the correct play but not the highest percentage play from my point of view. Until he learns how to make the "high percentage" play and not the "right play", he'll never get over that stigma of a choker in the 4th quarter.
    Haslem typically drills that shot. I'm sure the percentages are available, but that shot was right in his wheelhouse.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MRMsix6 View Post
    Haslem typically drills that shot. I'm sure the percentages are available, but that shot was right in his wheelhouse.
    Last year maybe but this year? His FG percentage is barely above 40%. Tell you what, game 7, NBA Finals. Do you want #6 to pass to Haslem for the game wining jump shot?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Spencer Hawes For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,208 Times in 544 Posts

A waste of G.O.A.T. talent. That is why he is held to a higher standard. That is why he gets unfair criticism. He chose to chase championships in his prime with the potential to be the best who ever played(FA or not). Wade didnt leave and bosh isn't great. Therefore expectations aren't nearly as high for those two.

Personally I think childhood issues and being given too much too soon has turned him into this entitled, attention-seeking, acceptance-wanting megalomaniac.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Tlyons For This Useful Post:

BARNES BRIGADE $ Donator Pavlovic3Ball's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,964 Times in 1,089 Posts

As soon as he win his 1st championship he won't nearly be criticized as much as he is. All of the all time great players have had their shortcomings. Hakeem Olajuwon lost in the 1st round 8 times. Larry Bird lost with home court advantage like 7 times. There was a time where people didn't think you could win a championship with Jordan because of his style of play. Even his own coach (Collins) thought this at one point. Shaq has been swept in the playoffs 6 times. Magic Johnson was nicknamed Tragic Johnson after he choked in the Finals in 84. Kobe's lost a Finals series playing with 3 hall of famers, quit in a 7 game series, and was historically blown out in a Finals closeout game. 1 Ring and he is in the top 10 imo. 2-3 rings and he is easily top 3-5 imo.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,208 Times in 544 Posts

You could be right.

But I don't think it's so simple. He has to dominate the entire playoffs and finals and close out the majority of close games(especially in the finals) to achieve top 5 status IMO.

Edit: multiple times

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Tlyons For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tlyons View Post
    You could be right.

But I don't think it's so simple. He has to dominate the entire playoffs and finals and close out the majority of close games(especially in the finals) to achieve top 5 status IMO.

Edit: multiple times
    Agreed. He needs to have a great Finals series eventually. He also needs to win a Finals MVP. In his case, at least two. But who knows if he even gets one? Going to be interesting to see how things end for him when all is said and done. Persoanlly, I think he wins at least two Finals with the Heat and he jumps aboard some other up and coming team to play for them. I don't see any team currently constructed that could beat them in a 7 game series. If Mavs kept their team intact, I would have definitely gave them a shot.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Pavlovic3Ball For This Useful Post:

Thanks

how has this post existed for this long?? fck no... CLEVELAND REMEMBERS... (a play on my avatar)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,493 Times in 601 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Manoovi View Post
    how has this post existed for this long?? fck no... CLEVELAND REMEMBERS... (a play on my avatar)
    What?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to MoneyMP3 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

There's no doubt the criticisms will subside once he get's his first championship. But the thing is, he has G.O.A.T. potential and I don't see how he can achieve that status playing in Miami. Unless he reels off 6 straight championships to match Jordan's lol. Oh well, only time will tell and the only thing given so far is his hairline is fading exponentially.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,539 Times in 671 Posts

There's no doubt the criticisms will subside once he get's his first championship. But the thing is, he has G.O.A.T. potential and I don't see how he can achieve that status playing in Miami. Unless he reels off 6 straight championships to match Jordan's lol. Oh well, only time will tell and the only thing given so far is his hairline is fading exponentially.
    I think that train has left the station. He's not going to be considered the GOAT almost no matter what. He'd have to win I'd say at least 4 titles and I don't see how that happens at this point. He doesn't have that Jordan like drive to rip off 6 in a row or something like that. Combine that with a soon-to-be aging Wade, and you're probably looking at a max of 4 titles if everything goes well -- and that's not even to discuss teams like the Bulls and the Thunder on the rise.

Another aspect, which James unfortunately failed to realize (amazingly), is that image shapes your legend. Even with ESPN touting him left and right, the public has negative views of him and generally sees him as someone who, at a minimum, left to play with another star so that he could get rings. Americans simply don't value that concept -- we put hard work and tribulation on a pedestal. Whether fair or not, the view of James is that he is a tag along who took the easy way out, and that's something that will never jive with the GOAT.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MDLT For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I don't think he ever had a true chance for GOAT. Not becuase I don't think he had the talent, more so because of Jordan's legend. Lebron can't say he is a better player than Jordan. Hasn't won nearly as much as did. But the gap when it comes to talent isn't all that big. Problem is Lebron just doesn't have the mentality. Which is sad because they guy is already on the heels of being a top 10 player ever imo. Think if he had the right kind of drive? Scary thought.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Pavlovic3Ball For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,333 Times in 503 Posts

I'm with Pavs. He gave up any chance of the #1 spot the second he decided to be Wade's shadow in Wade's town. Ohhh to be in the same room as Jordan on the night of the decision. I wonder if he laughed, shook his head, threw his cigar at the TV or did all 3.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jlegg21 For This Useful Post: