View Poll Results: Who Will Win the 2012 Presidential Election?

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • Barack Obama

70 60.87%
  • Mitt Romney

42 36.52%
  • Electoral College Tie

3 2.61%
Page 23 of 386 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,758 Times in 727 Posts

Default Re: Gov. Rick Perry: The Candidate Obama Would Fear the Most

Even though me and Ron Paul disagree on everything besides Foreign policy, I like the guy. He's bright, honest, and fun to watch.

That being said, he's not electable. At all. Sorry. His views are not mainstream enough....and he's not the type of candidate to water down their platform for the nomination (oh hai John McCain).

Playoff Bound! 3D Poker Champion NumberTris Champion Shape and Color Champion Raining Day Champion Sneaky's Road Trip - Istanbul Champion Up Champion Code Breakers Champion JDeezy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,479 Times in 1,965 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pr26 View Post
    Even though me and Ron Paul disagree on everything besides Foreign policy, I like the guy. He's bright, honest, and fun to watch.

That being said, he's not electable. At all. Sorry. His views are not mainstream enough....and he's not the type of candidate to water down their platform for the nomination (oh hai John McCain).
    Paul polling 16% in Iowa. 18% in the Midwest. Third nationally. He fares best of all Republicans against Obama (down 1% compared to Romney's 8% down) and has the second highest favorability rating next to Perry.

Yeah, snowball's chance in hell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Simmons
    Phil Jackson ran the Triangle offense. Mike Brown runs the "If you cross midcourt with the ball, you get to keep it and shoot" offense.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Distracted View Post
    Paul polling 16% in Iowa. 18% in the Midwest. Third nationally. He fares best of all Republicans against Obama (down 1% compared to Romney's 8% down) and has the second highest favorability rating next to Perry.

Yeah, snowball's chance in hell.

Yes....in late August of 2011. Polling right now doesn't mean a whole hell of a lot. This is the time where candidates will poll well and after a few primaries come down the pipe will be pulling in single digits.

Paul will never have the financial backing or the type of platform to win the nomination in the U.S. two party system... and it's a shame! He's not a serious contender for the Republican nomination.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,923 Times in 1,089 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OptimusPrime View Post
    Here is what Rasmussen put out yesterday and today.

Barack Obama 46%, Mitt Romney 38% - Obama +8
    Barack Obama 43%, Michelle Bachmann 39% - Obama +4
    Barack Obama 43%, Rick Perry 40% - Obama +3
    Barack Obama 39%, Ron Paul 38% - Obama +1

Most of Ron Paul's undecideds are Republicans, so would they really vote for Obama over him? I'm sure some would, but it looks to me like Paul might be the Republican's best chance of beating Obama. Paul leads Obama by 10 points with Independents. All other Republicans trail Obama with Independents. Dr. Paul would humiliate Obama in debates too, I would love to see that actually.
    Rasmussen has already been proven to favor Republicans.

It's a little early to even be saying who is going to win. Remember Howard Dean (Democrat)?

Can we stop this nonsense? Ron Paul won't be elected. The issue of his age will come up and it will sway voters away. Just watch...
    OU... OH YEAH!!!!

9/13
    Quote Originally Posted by Pip
    Sanchize and the boys start their reign of dominance tonight...
    Someone has a CHIP on his shoulder (you know who you are)

Playoff Bound! 3D Poker Champion NumberTris Champion Shape and Color Champion Raining Day Champion Sneaky's Road Trip - Istanbul Champion Up Champion Code Breakers Champion JDeezy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pr26 View Post
    Yes....in late August of 2011. Polling right now doesn't mean a whole hell of a lot. This is the time where candidates will poll well and after a few primaries come down the pipe will be pulling in single digits.
    Ron Paul polls well, therefore: he's un-electable.

Brilliant logic.

Quote Originally Posted by The Optomist View Post
    Rasmussen has already been proven to favor Republicans.
    Rasmussen polling is biased towards Republicans, therefore Ron Paul (a Republican) polls better than other Republicans (who are not Republicans). What are you smoking? This is the nomination season where candidates within a party are compared.

The issue of his age will come up and it will sway voters away. Just watch...
    Of course you could be right, I'm not sure why you're so certain.

Ron Paul won't be elected.
    Indeed you keep saying that.

My point is simply that Bachmann has started to slide and Paul has surged ahead. Somehow a net trend in polling statistics is "nonsense." From a Keynesian, no less!
    Phil Jackson ran the Triangle offense. Mike Brown runs the "If you cross midcourt with the ball, you get to keep it and shoot" offense.

Thanks

Rasmussen polling is biased towards Republicans, therefore Ron Paul (a Republican) polls better than other Republicans (who are not Republicans). What are you smoking? This is the nomination season where candidates within a party are compared.
    The post also compared him to Obama. That's what I was pointing out.

It's just my opinion and I'd bet a sum of money on it.

My point is simply that Bachmann has started to slide and Paul has surged ahead. Somehow a net trend in polling statistics is "nonsense." From a Keynesian, no less!
    Yes and it's still way too early to be proclaiming these polls as for sure.
    OU... OH YEAH!!!!

9/13

Thanks

The post also compared him to Obama. That's what I was pointing out.
    Yeah, polls who compare Paul to Obama also compare Romney, Perry, and Bachmann to Obama head-to-head. Among Republicans, Paul fared best. How is there any room for alleged "republican polling bias" when it doesn't really matter whether they beat Obama, but which one performs better? Do you understand the point of that poll question now? You're criticism doesn't make sense.

It's just my opinion and I'd bet a sum of money on it.
    The "it's just my opinion, man!" defense.

Yes and it's still way too early to be proclaiming these polls as for sure.
    So why the rush to discredit Paul? If the way of measuring electability (polling) doesn't matter, then where is the evidence that shows he's unpopular, unelectable, and poison? He's old and doesn't fall perfectly within the GOP platform. I've heard this for McCain, Dole, and Reagan. 2/3 didn't get elected, but I don't think it's reasonable to say they're uniformly unelectable and entertaining the idea of their nomination or presidential run is nonsense. Neither Romney nor Perry are hardliners and have skeletons of their own, so I'm missing the disparity in "electability" going solely by conventional wisdom. I definitely don't see it going by the current polling trends.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JDeezy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

The "it's just my opinion, man!" defense.

So why the rush to discredit Paul?
    If you're willing to put a healthy wager on it, I'll bet you and put my money where my mouth is.
    OU... OH YEAH!!!!

9/13

The LeFraud Interaction
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,861 Times in 997 Posts

Rasmussen polls registered voters who "most likely" are going to vote. How does this favor Republicans anyway? I thought Democrats came out with more voters last election.

If you want to compare polls, it doesn't matter which poll you look at, Obama's favorable ratings are in the 30's now. Even the heavily swayed Liberal news sites say the same thing.

But yes; these polls right now are focusing on the Republicans and how they fare against each other and against Obama. The same type of polls were out there when Clinton and Obama were fighting each other as well. It's interesting to note that the same things Clinton warned all Democrats about and warned the country about, are now coming true. LOL

Thanks

If you're willing to put a healthy wager on it, I'll bet you and put my money where my mouth is.
    How do you bet on whether someone is electable? You can bet on whether a certain candidate will win, but even calling Romney or Perry out ahead at this point would be risky.

I'm not sure why you're emotionally involved in this. I have no stake in Ron Paul's candidacy. I've said repeatedly I will not vote for him. I've said I don't think he will win. But I still think he's a viable candidate and worth listening to.

I'm still not sure why that's controversial given what's happened in the past week.

Thanks

Ron Paul polls well, therefore: he's un-electable.

Brilliant logic.

Indeed you keep saying that.

You missed my point or avoided it, not sure. Neither Bachmann or Paul are viable candidates for the nomination and will both be polling single digits by the time polls actually matter.

I'll stop now. I'm breaking my personal rules of debating politics or the internet lol.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to pr26 For This Useful Post:

The LeFraud Interaction
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,861 Times in 997 Posts

I'm waiting for that person to come out from somewhere that will ignite and unite and excite us. I don't see them yet and not sure if I will see them.

That said, whoever wins the nomination is going to beat Obama. That I'm sure of. All indications and indicators show that the economy is not going to get better in 2012 and probably is going to be worse. I don't think it's going to matter at all who the nominee is.

I also believe someone could step in real late in the game. I'm wondering what the latest month has been when a candidate declared his/her intentions? I think someone like Christie or Ryan or Rubio, or gasp, even Jeb Bush might get in real late. Bush would be very long shot though.

I don't think we are done yet and a few surprises are on the way.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to DougHeil For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 28,826 Times in 9,210 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DougHeil View Post
    I also believe someone could step in real late in the game. I'm wondering what the latest month has been when a candidate declared his/her intentions? I think someone like Christie or Ryan or Rubio

Taking up to 10 $10 bets LeBron does not return to Cleveland on his next contract. If you think he is, bet me $10.

Proceeds will go to a charity or cause that we agree upon.

Bettors:
    DougHeil, shoes22, warddj86, jonzee330, bushwick_bill, gourimoko

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jigo_oi View Post
    (CNN) – Republican Rep. Paul Ryan of Wisconsin announced Monday that he will not run for the GOP presidential nomination in 2012.

Ryan said he appreciates the support of those who encouraged him to launch a bid for the White House, but that he will continue to serve in Congress.

"While humbled by the encouragement, I have not changed my mind, and therefore I am not seeking our party's nomination for President," Ryan said in a statement. "I remain hopeful that our party will nominate a candidate committed to a pro-growth agenda of reform that restores the promise and prosperity of our exceptional nation. I remain grateful to those I serve in Southern Wisconsin for the unique opportunity to advance this effort in Congress."

– CNN's Steve Brusk contributed to this report.

He was a liberal anyway.

Thanks
    Thanked 28,826 Times in 9,210 Posts

He was a liberal anyway.
    I like Christie the most out of the bunch and Ryan the least. I'm looking forward to seeing how and when Christie involves himself in the Presidential discussion. Guessing it will be after Obama's next term.
    Taking up to 10 $10 bets LeBron does not return to Cleveland on his next contract. If you think he is, bet me $10.

Proceeds will go to a charity or cause that we agree upon.

Bettors:
    DougHeil, shoes22, warddj86, jonzee330, bushwick_bill, gourimoko

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Seizer For This Useful Post: