View Poll Results: Who Will Win the 2012 Presidential Election?

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • Barack Obama

70 60.87%
  • Mitt Romney

42 36.52%
  • Electoral College Tie

3 2.61%
Page 137 of 386 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147187237 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,055 of 5790
    Thanks

Default Re: 2012 Presidential Election

Quote Originally Posted by gourimoko View Post
    Why do we need a national ID card with a photo? What purpose would it serve?

What if these preventative measures actually cause less votes to be cast? Is it then worth the trouble?
    Stopping anything that isn't legal from happening is a good thing, right?

Making ID cards wouldn't be the reason for less votes, it would be that people are lazy. Just like many are lazy right now.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,771 Times in 1,110 Posts

Romney's problem is that he is the same politician Obama is, all the way down to the banks that own them. The only difference is that Barack is a more likeable guy, which will help, but Romney will lose enough votes that are tired of the same old shit that he has no chance of beating Obama anyway.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bcortell View Post
    Not at all. Many things that are illegal shouldn't be. There isn't too much crime, there are too many laws. And we don't need a national ID card. To whom do I need to identify myself? What authority does the government have to force everyone to have state issued identification? They need to stop interfering in our lives, not find new ways to do it.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OptimusPrime For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 23,850 Times in 3,836 Posts

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Maximus For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Ron Paul Wins Louisiana Caucus

Taken together, victories across four and half CDs mean that Ron Paul supporters are likely to control the outcome of the state convention in June.
    To be sure, a win on this scale gives Ron Paul supporters a majority of Saturday’s elected delegates and the ability to choose most of the at-large delegates, as well as the three National Delegates from CDs 1, 2, 5, and 6.
    The Ron Paul campaign’s Louisiana State Director Pete Chamberlain said of the victory, “Yesterday’s result shows the changing dynamic among grassroots conservative activists dedicated to promoting a Republican platform that adheres to the Constitutional values Dr. Paul represents. Back-room dealing and insider politics are no match for the grassroots enthusiasm that is the hallmark of the Ron Paul campaign.
    “Yesterday, Ron Paul’s dedicated Louisiana supporters showed what passionate, persistent activism can achieve when centered around a consistent message of freedom and prosperity.”
    “Ron Paul’s victory shows his delegate-attainment strategy is working and demonstrates that the media and Washington pundits are underestimating his influence in the nominating process,’ said Ron Paul 2012 National Campaign Manager John Tate.
    “The Louisiana win forecasts a prominent role for Ron Paul at the RNC. It also signals that the convention will feature a spirited discussion over whether conservatism will triumph over the status quo, all in relation to the end game of defeating President Obama,” Tate added.
    http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/bay_a...76c647a71.html

He's now won the at least a plurality of delegates in several states, although word is Alaska is going to pull some dirty tricks behind closed doors and replace them before the convention in Tampa. Paul winning the nomination won't happen, or at least is a huge longshot, but I want to see the Paul delegates raise hell at the convention. Romney won't get my vote anyway, so I don't care if they destroy the Republican party in the process.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OptimusPrime For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
    Ugh... Hyperbole and bad editing.

Max, you bring lots of validity to your arguments when you make real posts, videos like these only hurt the cause you promote.
    "Better look out dude.. Akronite just pissed out your arguments entirely.. They're laying over there in the 'epic fail' corner, soaking in logical urine. You better get a towel, bro."
    -Gourimoko

Thanks

Ron Paul delegates won majorities in Maine and Nevada this weekend.

In Maine he has so far won 17 of the 18 delegates they voted on, and there is one district yet to vote. The 3 superdelegates will be Romney's, but it looks like Ron should get 20 of the 24 Maine delegates.

In Nevada, Ron Paul delegates won 22 of the 25 spots voted on. 20 delegates are bound to Romney for the first ballot at the national convention, but if it goes beyond that, 22 of the 28 Nevada delegates will vote for Ron Paul.

Ron Paul delegates also hold a supermajority of the delegation that will decide Iowa's national delegates next month, all of which are unbound and free to vote their conscience.

He also won 16 of the 27 districts candidates in Massachusetts. These are all bound to Romney on the first vote, but after that anything goes.

Romney is already throwing baseless challenges at the Maine and Massachusetts delegations, hoping the right people will field his complaints and remove the Paul delegates, which is always possible when dealing with scum like the Republican party.

The Nevada delegation was going to vote to unbind the delegates at their convention, but the RNC sent an attorney down to threaten to omit Nevada from the national convention, so the Paul delegates that are bound to Romney on the first vote are talking of abstaining for the first vote. I love it.

If Romney doesn't get 1,144 delegates on the first vote in Tampa, things could get fun, even if Ron doesn't have enough delegates to win. If Romney is the nominee I hope the Paul people burn the party down on their way out.

Thanks

Make that 22/24 Maine delegates for Paul. The convention just elected 2 Paul supporters to RNC positions and superdelegates.

Gold Star Member
    Thanks

Romney is going to get to the 1144 delegates quite easily. He already has 847. There are still 944 delegates left to be awarded. Romney can win less than a third of those delegates and get the 1144 delegates.
    The most valuable skill in basketball is not the ability to convert difficult shots, but create easy ones.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Northstar For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I have no doubt Romney will get past the 1,144 bound delegates. That isn't the issue. I want to see what kind of hell the Paul supporters can raise at the convention. Those delegates are only bound to Romney on the first (and second for some of them) ballot in the roll call for the presidential nominee. There is other business done at the convention other than that. They will vote on the party platform. They will probably vote for RNC committee positions. They will make the rules for the convention. If a majority of those 2,200+ delegates are Paul supporters, they may even vote to unbind the delegates, which would mean Mittens wouldn't have 1,144 anymore. It is probably a long shot that Paul supporters will make up a majority, especially with the RNC violating their own rules and making new ones to try and shut out Paul delegates. But it will be interesting to see what happens.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to OptimusPrime For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OptimusPrime View Post
    If Romney is the nominee I hope the Paul people burn the party down on their way out.
    That's a great attitude right there. I love Ron Paul...hate his retarded fanatical supporters.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Maximus For This Useful Post:

SOA

Playoff Bound! 3D Poker Champion NumberTris Champion Shape and Color Champion Raining Day Champion Sneaky's Road Trip - Istanbul Champion Up Champion Code Breakers Champion JDeezy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,479 Times in 1,965 Posts

That's a great attitude right there. I love Ron Paul...hate his retarded fanatical supporters.
    Damn why you so salty Max.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Simmons
    Phil Jackson ran the Triangle offense. Mike Brown runs the "If you cross midcourt with the ball, you get to keep it and shoot" offense.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Distracted View Post
    Damn why you so salty Max.
    I can't stand the position some of the fanatical Paul supporters take, that if Paul doesn't win, no Republican should win. It's cutting off your nose to spite your face, it's immature and it's just bad for the country. Do I think Mitt is the perfect candidate? No. I line up on more issues with Paul than Mitt. But, Mitt is going to win the nomination. Mitt will be better for the economy than Obama by a mile. I really dont want to see this economy completely collapse, so it is imperative that ANY Republican win. The Paul fanatics that want to "burn the Republican party down" and that are saying they won't vote in November, are the reason Obama will likely get reelected.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maximus For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,521 Times in 3,393 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bcortell View Post

Making ID cards wouldn't be the reason for less votes, it would be that people are lazy. Just like many are lazy right now.
    People have to stop and think about how this would effect others. It has nothing to do with laziness. I was in the DMV the other day and there was an elderly black lady trying to get an ID so she could vote. They gave her a huge list of documents she needed, including things like an original birth certificate. I heard her say, "they didn't give birth certificates to black children in the south."

It's not her fault she was born in the south before the civil rights movement. Should she just not be allowed to vote because she doesn't have an original copy of her birth certificate?
    Ass pennies

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gary Barnidge For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I can't stand the position some of the fanatical Paul supporters take, that if Paul doesn't win, no Republican should win. It's cutting off your nose to spite your face, it's immature and it's just bad for the country. Do I think Mitt is the perfect candidate? No. I line up on more issues with Paul than Mitt. But, Mitt is going to win the nomination. Mitt will be better for the economy than Obama by a mile. I really dont want to see this economy completely collapse, so it is imperative that ANY Republican win. The Paul fanatics that want to "burn the Republican party down" and that are saying they won't vote in November, are the reason Obama will likely get reelected.
    The hatred of the Republican party has nothing to do with Romney. The hatred comes from the fraud and dirty tactics by the GOP at every step of this process designed to suppress Ron Paul's support.

Paul supporters won't vote for Romney because he is not better than Obama. He is no different than Obama. I have yet to see someone give me a major policy difference between the two. It is better that the disastrous policies that will continue over the next 4 years be blamed on a liberal Democrat than the party that is supposed for smaller government and free markets.