Default Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

ohhhhh man

Thanks
    Thanked 3,593 Times in 1,129 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tmackin07 View Post
    ohhhhh man

those graphics are incredible, i'm assuming that's the PC version

If an older woman who goes after younger men is a "cougar," is an older man who goes after younger boys a "nittany lion?"

Ohdang Helicopter Race Champion Sneaky's Road Trip - London Champion Ohdang's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KCOTT View Post
    those graphics are incredible, i'm assuming that's the PC version
    I'm gonna try to run it on my gaming PC that I built about 3 years ago, but I'm really leaning towards building a new one for this game specifically, and to a lesser extent a few other games that are coming out like MW3. I'm half hoping it doesn't run well so it can give me justification for building a new one

This definitely isn't a game you can get the most out of on a console. I won't be touching it on my PS3. Is it still coming out on the 11th or did they push it back? I haven't been keeping up with it because I've been so busy lately.
    "All I know is, as long as I led the Southeastern Conference in scoring, my grades would be fine." - Charles Barkley

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ohdang View Post
    I'm gonna try to run it on my gaming PC that I built about 3 years ago, but I'm really leaning towards building a new one for this game specifically, and to a lesser extent a few other games that are coming out like MW3. I'm half hoping it doesn't run well so it can give me justification for building a new one

This definitely isn't a game you can get the most out of on a console. I won't be touching it on my PS3. Is it still coming out on the 11th or did they push it back? I haven't been keeping up with it because I've been so busy lately.
    11th.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,378 Times in 563 Posts

It got a 9.5-10 on ign. http://pc.ign.com/articles/121/1212033p1.html Goodbye social life.

Ohdang Helicopter Race Champion Sneaky's Road Trip - London Champion Ohdang's Avatar
    Thanks

I played it for about an hour today before I came to work, I'm counting the seconds until I get off so I can go home and play the rest of the day away.
    "All I know is, as long as I led the Southeastern Conference in scoring, my grades would be fine." - Charles Barkley

Resident Microbiologist Dr. Gymbo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,436 Times in 699 Posts

I was going to buy this, but my girlfriend is getting this for me for Christmas. Ugh.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,547 Times in 571 Posts

Amazon said that the UPS truck that has my copy started it's delivery rounds just after 7:00 but it's not here yet.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,523 Times in 3,394 Posts

Just went and picked it up. Not sure I'll get a lot of play time in because I was picked to beta test the old republic this weekend. Oops, I just broke my NDA.

Its supposed to hurt RealKingofCleve's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,220 Times in 658 Posts

Great game. Lots of improvements over Oblivion. I'm gonna be pouring in a shit load of hours into Skyrim. I'm proud of myself that I still had the willpower to work out today.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RealKingofCleve View Post
    Great game. Lots of improvements over Oblivion. I'm gonna be pouring in a shit load of hours into Skyrim. I'm proud of myself that I still had the willpower to work out today.
    Not me. Girlfriends cat is lucky she got food today, and its only because the cat bowl is on the way to the refrigerator.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ohdang For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,547 Times in 571 Posts

Loving it so far after 4 hours. So glad that there aren't any restrictions of how you can play like there was in Oblivion.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,593 Times in 1,129 Posts

downloaded it last night, died in the first scene of the game...was too busy checking out the dragon, thought they wouldn't let me die in the beginning...and then he burned me with flames

If an older woman who goes after younger men is a "cougar," is an older man who goes after younger boys a "nittany lion?"

Thanks

if you're not into mods/sick graphics,just get it for a console
    i finally have a good enough pc to run it, and it looks sick,but the ui is really annoying and controlling my character just gets really uncomfortable.maybe it's just my desk, but i'm getting a wired controller so i can play with a controller; the UI was set up for controllers anyway.
    It's a really sweet game though, it's crazy how a random quest can pop up,i get distracted, and end up spending a hour sabotaging an incoming boat and finding hidden treasure.
    Kind of regret getting it on PC though, so know what you're up against if you get it for pc.

Thanks

About 3 hours in, love it so far. Would have played more but I don't own a HD TV, so I save my playing time for when I can fully appreciate it's beauty on my friend's nice TV haha.

Also, about 2 and a half hours of those 3 was seriously just doing a very minor side quest I picked up by talking to a guy who originally didn't even wanna talk to me. SO MANY HOURS WILL BE PUT INTO THIS GAME. I love it.
    Roll Pack