Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 52
  1. #31
    Not a **** was given Man Called X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    O-High-O
    Posts
    11,365
    Thanks
    13,155
    Thanked 7,434 Times in 2,378 Posts

    Default Re: KUNG FU PANDA MMO

    Quote Originally Posted by DDJ7777 View Post
    Hell, raiding in Molten Core as a druid in vanilla was terrible. The nerfed Tree is better than that at least.
    You tanked a druid in Vanilla. Healed in BC, Went caster in WOTLK and stopped playing altogether in Cata.
    Why am I not allowed to have a center?

  2. #32
    Savior of Humanity InBoobieWeTrust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    14,512
    Thanks
    5,932
    Thanked 5,145 Times in 1,405 Posts

    Default Re: KUNG FU PANDA MMO

    Quote Originally Posted by The Man Called X View Post
    When they ruined my Tree of Life, I had to quit this game.
    Amen. Whoever had the idea to make a shape-shift form into a cooldown should be shot.



    Quote Originally Posted by The Man Called X View Post
    You tanked a druid in Vanilla. Healed in BC, Went caster in WOTLK and stopped playing altogether in Cata.
    Err, druids almost exclusively healed in Vanilla. Ferals didn't become viable until early in BC, when they were borderline broken/overpowered as tanks. WOTLK was the first time all specs were viable, it's a shame the fact that the entire expansion sucked ruined that potential. Cataclysm was an improvement, but the recycled Ragnaros crap in Firelands became almost as lame as when they recycled Naxxramas in WOTLK and made it easy.


    Quote Originally Posted by DDJ7777 View Post
    Hell, raiding in Molten Core as a druid in vanilla was terrible. The nerfed Tree is better than that at least.
    I loved Molten Core and all of Vanilla raiding as a Druid. With proper downranking and cast-interrupting skill, druids were way better than some people realized.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to InBoobieWeTrust For This Useful Post:


  4. #33
    Veteran 3D Poker Champion NumberTris Champion Shape and Color Champion Raining Day Champion Sneaky's Road Trip - Istanbul Champion Up Champion Code Breakers Champion JDeezy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    6,403
    Thanks
    14,537
    Thanked 4,508 Times in 1,976 Posts

    Default Re: KUNG FU PANDA MMO

    Quote Originally Posted by The Man Called X View Post
    You tanked a druid in Vanilla. Healed in BC, Went caster in WOTLK and stopped playing altogether in Cata.
    God you're a baddie.

    To add to what boobie said, when I bear tanked the pre-firelands dungeons, I'd put out more damage than the rest of the group combined. My AoE was off the charts.

    Maybe it's different now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Simmons
    Phil Jackson ran the Triangle offense. Mike Brown runs the "If you cross midcourt with the ball, you get to keep it and shoot" offense.


  5. #34
    So we come to it at last Chris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    23,008
    Thanks
    6,710
    Thanked 8,078 Times in 3,434 Posts

    Default Re: KUNG FU PANDA MMO

    Quote Originally Posted by DDJ7777 View Post
    I hated Lich King expansion. Yuck. I leveled my paladin and slaughtered everything in sight.
    I'm speaking as a Warcraft fan, so in regards to storyline, zones, etc. I had been waiting for Northrend since the the game came out. Truth be told, everyone fucking bitches about every xpac a year or two down the line and how "terrible" it was. They will say that about Cataclysm in a year or so when MOP hits. Although I gotta say, the raids in WOTLK were really, really awesome.

    I'm going to save everyone the time and say it right now: Cataclysm kind of blew.

  6. #35
    Savior of Humanity InBoobieWeTrust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    14,512
    Thanks
    5,932
    Thanked 5,145 Times in 1,405 Posts

    Default Re: KUNG FU PANDA MMO

    Quote Originally Posted by cmstophe View Post
    I'm speaking as a Warcraft fan, so in regards to storyline, zones, etc. I had been waiting for Northrend since the the game came out. Truth be told, everyone fucking bitches about every xpac a year or two down the line and how "terrible" it was. They will say that about Cataclysm in a year or so when MOP hits. Although I gotta say, the raids in WOTLK were really, really awesome.

    I'm going to save everyone the time and say it right now: Cataclysm kind of blew.
    I'll disagree with this. Lich King was a miserable expansion with miserable end-game raiding.

    They started off by redoing Naxx, but they didn't change any mechanics, or even most of the gear graphics. Instead, they took what was arguably the best raid instance ever, trivialized it, and thus ruining it. Ulduar was at least decently innovative content, but it never had the feel that a real end-game raid should gave. TOGC was obviously lame, lacked a challenge, was rushed, and Blizzard recognized their mistake by tossing that raid model aside afterwards. ICC was an embarrassingly easy instance which was propped up by simply being the place you got to kill Lich King. Poorly tuned. Throughout the expansion, class balance within raids was so out of touch with what end-game raiding was supposed to be that it's hard to take anything done in WOTLK seriously because content wise it just purely lacked a real challenge outside of Heroic Lich King(Which still doesn't make my top 3 of all-time "epic" encounters).

    Cataclysm has been an interesting expansion, I have been playing less and less lately because of multiple things, but the first raid tier was excellent. Easily the best raid tier since Burning Crusade. New, challenging with characters actually being relatively balanced. Firelands had promise, but it ended up being a classic case of Blizzard attempting to drag a short tier out too long, overtuning a fight to do that, and then needing to make serious nerfs to "re-shorten" the tier. The big tier is still to come though, and the success of it is what Cataclysm will ultimately be judged on.

    As for PvP, it's been consistently downhill since the end of burning crusade, once a budding e-sport, Arena now doesn't have nearly the momentum it once had (Everyone is just playing LoL instead!). Rated BG's were a great idea implemented far too late.

    The game continues to cater to casuals more and more and they have stated their intent to continue down that path. It's unfortunate for nostalgic old-school nerds like myself, but they have to find a way to keep their subscription count up until they want to release Titan. They lost a ton of subs during cataclysm because they re-tweaked the difficulty levels and made the game harder.

  7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to InBoobieWeTrust For This Useful Post:


  8. #36
    Ohdang Helicopter Race Champion Sneaky's Road Trip - London Champion Ohdang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Akron
    Posts
    982
    Thanks
    344
    Thanked 764 Times in 302 Posts

    Default Re: KUNG FU PANDA MMO

    Quote Originally Posted by DDJ7777 View Post
    I hated Lich King expansion. Yuck. I leveled my paladin and slaughtered everything in sight.
    I quit during the WotLK expansion. I still enjoyed raiding with my rogue but work made it impossible to keep that schedule, so I fell back on arenas and PvP on him and trying to gear my priest in heroic 5 mans. They killed the pvp so much in that expansin though I just couldn't take it.

    I thought about coming back for the rated battlegrounds that were promised but never did. How did that go?
    "All I know is, as long as I led the Southeastern Conference in scoring, my grades would be fine." - Charles Barkley

  9. #37
    So we come to it at last Chris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    23,008
    Thanks
    6,710
    Thanked 8,078 Times in 3,434 Posts

    Default Re: KUNG FU PANDA MMO

    Quote Originally Posted by InBoobieWeTrust View Post
    I'll disagree with this. Lich King was a miserable expansion with miserable end-game raiding.

    They started off by redoing Naxx, but they didn't change any mechanics, or even most of the gear graphics. Instead, they took what was arguably the best raid instance ever, trivialized it, and thus ruining it. Ulduar was at least decently innovative content, but it never had the feel that a real end-game raid should gave. TOGC was obviously lame, lacked a challenge, was rushed, and Blizzard recognized their mistake by tossing that raid model aside afterwards. ICC was an embarrassingly easy instance which was propped up by simply being the place you got to kill Lich King. Poorly tuned. Throughout the expansion, class balance within raids was so out of touch with what end-game raiding was supposed to be that it's hard to take anything done in WOTLK seriously because content wise it just purely lacked a real challenge outside of Heroic Lich King(Which still doesn't make my top 3 of all-time "epic" encounters).

    Cataclysm has been an interesting expansion, I have been playing less and less lately because of multiple things, but the first raid tier was excellent. Easily the best raid tier since Burning Crusade. New, challenging with characters actually being relatively balanced. Firelands had promise, but it ended up being a classic case of Blizzard attempting to drag a short tier out too long, overtuning a fight to do that, and then needing to make serious nerfs to "re-shorten" the tier. The big tier is still to come though, and the success of it is what Cataclysm will ultimately be judged on.

    As for PvP, it's been consistently downhill since the end of burning crusade, once a budding e-sport, Arena now doesn't have nearly the momentum it once had (Everyone is just playing LoL instead!). Rated BG's were a great idea implemented far too late.

    The game continues to cater to casuals more and more and they have stated their intent to continue down that path. It's unfortunate for nostalgic old-school nerds like myself, but they have to find a way to keep their subscription count up until they want to release Titan. They lost a ton of subs during cataclysm because they re-tweaked the difficulty levels and made the game harder.
    I never did Naxx in vanilla, so I liked it. I only made it through AQ40. Well, I did a couple bosses of Naxx in vanilla but that doesn't really count seeing as it had about 15.

    TOGC sucked I agree, but Ulduar I disagree with. It was awesome.

    Liked ICC a lot too. Certainly better than anything in TBC (shudder).

    I've only been in one "super" guild and that was back in vanilla. Since then I've had less time to devote to the game and even quit the game a bit after Cata came out. I just started playing again casually, just leveling and such while waiting for MoP. As such, the content in WOTLK was a lot of fun for me. Whether raid content is "easy" or "hard" is all subjective. Truth be told, no matter what raid they make, it's beaten within a week, most of the time sooner. So this is irrelevant to me. It's all about how much fun I had doing it.

    I'm not trying to dog Cataclysm because it was an awesome idea. But the leveling experience, while designed well, was dreadfully boring in terms of content (just not interesting in terms of zones and lore). I'll be honest, I barely touched the raiding before quitting so I can't judge that. But the fact that the xpac couldn't keep my attention long enough for me to get there says something.

    Remember, I'm speaking from the perspective of a guy who only plays that game because it says "Warcraft" in the title. I've barely touched another MMO and have no interest to, and I would rather a WC4 come out now and WoW just go away. I still think it's a good game but I never spent hours on end railing against the imbalance of classes, or PVP problems, or anything like that. It just doesn't matter to me.

    I can only hope the new MMO Blizzard is making completely replaces WOW (I know they claim it won't) and they just go back to making WC RTS games again. WoW in my mind has almost run its course, but lots of MMO nerds and people who jump from MMO to MMO still cling to it and will keep it going for years to come.

    Just my two cents, hopefully I've gotten across the vantage point form which I see things, although I doubt it.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:


  11. #38
    Savior of Humanity InBoobieWeTrust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    14,512
    Thanks
    5,932
    Thanked 5,145 Times in 1,405 Posts

    Default Re: KUNG FU PANDA MMO

    Quote Originally Posted by cmstophe View Post
    I never did Naxx in vanilla, so I liked it. I only made it through AQ40. Well, I did a couple bosses of Naxx in vanilla but that doesn't really count seeing as it had about 15.

    TOGC sucked I agree, but Ulduar I disagree with. It was awesome.

    Liked ICC a lot too. Certainly better than anything in TBC (shudder).

    I've only been in one "super" guild and that was back in vanilla. Since then I've had less time to devote to the game and even quit the game a bit after Cata came out. I just started playing again casually, just leveling and such while waiting for MoP. As such, the content in WOTLK was a lot of fun for me. Whether raid content is "easy" or "hard" is all subjective. Truth be told, no matter what raid they make, it's beaten within a week, most of the time sooner. So this is irrelevant to me. It's all about how much fun I had doing it.

    I'm not trying to dog Cataclysm because it was an awesome idea. But the leveling experience, while designed well, was dreadfully boring in terms of content (just not interesting in terms of zones and lore). I'll be honest, I barely touched the raiding before quitting so I can't judge that. But the fact that the xpac couldn't keep my attention long enough for me to get there says something.

    Remember, I'm speaking from the perspective of a guy who only plays that game because it says "Warcraft" in the title. I've barely touched another MMO and have no interest to, and I would rather a WC4 come out now and WoW just go away. I still think it's a good game but I never spent hours on end railing against the imbalance of classes, or PVP problems, or anything like that. It just doesn't matter to me.

    I can only hope the new MMO Blizzard is making completely replaces WOW (I know they claim it won't) and they just go back to making WC RTS games again. WoW in my mind has almost run its course, but lots of MMO nerds and people who jump from MMO to MMO still cling to it and will keep it going for years to come.

    Just my two cents, hopefully I've gotten across the vantage point form which I see things, although I doubt it.
    I don't think difficulty of raid content is all that subjective, however I understand what you're saying. Though 'd bet that you quitting Cataclysm has a lot more to do with it just being a 7 year old game/you have more fun/important shit to do in your life than it does with Cata being overly boring.


    As for your TBC comment, I am appalled! TBC brought us some of the best raiding this game has ever seen and some of the coolest, most innovative boss fights imaginable. Between Kael'Thas, Lady Vashj, Illidan, and Muru, there was an amazing raiding scene during that expansion. Karazhan was and always will be the most successful 10-man ever, and the introduction of heroic dungeons was epic as well. TBC had the best leveling experience(60-70), the best raiding, and the best PvP(Arena peaked in seasons 2-4) out of all of the expansions(not including Vanilla, which had such epic end-game raiding that I feel will never be replicated in stature and awesomeness by any game for eternity/ /TBC fanboy signing off

    WoW is definitley losing some luster as a game, and this is coming from someone who's completed every raid tier before the expansion it was released in ended (heroic modes and all) since original Molten Core, has multiple gladiator mounts, and is a Scarab Lord.I even put the time in to lead a high end raiding guild for multiple years, So I have a deep passion for the game, and even I am to the point where I only logon for raiding nowadays and on remote chat if I'm bored and out of the house.

    What WoW still has, and what it has given a lot of people, is the community or the people you have played with for years. I've legitimately become friends with a ton of these people I've been paying some nerdy ass game on the internet with for the last 7 years. The social impact of WoW cannot be understated and I think that's one reason why a lot of people still cling to it. They're afraid of losing that.

    Even though I'm not playing WoW a great deal anymore(between work, wife, RCF , and LoL), I still have a lot of great memories over the years from the game.

  12. #39
    So we come to it at last Chris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    23,008
    Thanks
    6,710
    Thanked 8,078 Times in 3,434 Posts

    Default Re: KUNG FU PANDA MMO

    Oh, I loved TBC. The raiding was just so fucking broken for the longest time, with you needing mass consumables to do shit. I ended up quitting (aka taking a 3-4 month break) for the first time about six months after TBC dropped. The leveling and the PVP in it was still great and I really enjoyed the expansion.

    Burnout probably is the main reason I quit when Cataclysm hit, but factor in the fact that I had been out of the game for a while (another ~6 month break or so) as had my friends and we were all AMPED to get back into the game for Cata. I still remember, I was actually back home and I had all my friends over (no joke ) with their PCs and we were going to just hit Cataclysm leveling all night. I ended up with the flu, terrible chills, a fever and ridiculous exhaustion and I laid on the couch all night while they pounded out quests until 4am. I did end up hitting 85 on my hunter and leveling some of my warlock and paladin, and trying out the new races, etc, but after a month I just realized I didn't like it much. Whether it's because the WoW formula finally got stale or because Cataclysm just sucked, I'm not sure I guess.

    What WoW still has, and what it has given a lot of people, is the community or the people you have played with for years. I've legitimately become friends with a ton of these people I've been paying some nerdy ass game on the internet with for the last 7 years. The social impact of WoW cannot be understated and I think that's one reason why a lot of people still cling to it. They're afraid of losing that.
    For real, I have phone numbers of people I played WoW with and we talk all the time. One guy was actually from Ohio and we all met up and hit some bars and now he's really just another friend of mine that I hang with back in the Cleveland area whenever I go home. Pretty cool. One dude who I played with pretty much since 2004 up until I quit "for good" in Cataclysm is actually leveling casually with me now. I know it'll never be the same, I'm done playing the game hardcore or dedicating a ton of time to keeping my guild up or anything like that. I'm just going to enjoy the lesser aspects of the game for a while I think.

    Like you said, too many fucking great memories over the years. I met a lot of badass people and I still keep in touch with the best ones. So many late night ZG runs, drunkenly chanting on Ventrilo, so many memories of allying with some French guild so we could do 40 mans So many memories of just wild PVP, dicking around in Ironforge, numerous server hops and "start overs" and quitting and coming back and the dozen guilds that me and my boys joined that ended up breaking up- we had a thing, apparently every guild we got into to raid ended up dying a horrid death, including our own which ended up dying and reviving about 6 times Not to mention the late night phone calls during my breaks from the game, from people going "We're back in action on [insert server name]. Time to raise hell." Fuck, and we were some of the most politically incorrect people on WoW, but we still had class. So many stupid, nerdy "guild politics" I have dealt with in the 7 years of WoW.... hilarious stuff. Our makeshift raiding guild downing Razorgore on the third try back in the day, or the first time we killed Ragnaros on our own, daaaaamn that was good stuff!

    Damn. I could literally go on for pages about all the shit I am nostalgic about in that game, all the memories I have of the funny shit and good times and epic moments. I have to say, WoW is still easily one of my top games of all time just because of all those memories. The game itself is pretty good and fun but the social aspect and the sheer number of experiences I've had while playing that game just blows everything out of the water.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:


  14. #40
    Veteran 3D Poker Champion NumberTris Champion Shape and Color Champion Raining Day Champion Sneaky's Road Trip - Istanbul Champion Up Champion Code Breakers Champion JDeezy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    6,403
    Thanks
    14,537
    Thanked 4,508 Times in 1,976 Posts

    Default Re: KUNG FU PANDA MMO

    I once stood in a Barrens tree for 8 hours waiting for the Humar the Pridelord rare hunter pet to spawn.

    I tamed it.

    In fact it was an all-star in a 5-hour seige of SW... What a night... Alliance was on complete lockdown.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Simmons
    Phil Jackson ran the Triangle offense. Mike Brown runs the "If you cross midcourt with the ball, you get to keep it and shoot" offense.


  15. The Following User Says Thank You to JDeezy For This Useful Post:


  16. #41
    Not a **** was given Man Called X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    O-High-O
    Posts
    11,365
    Thanks
    13,155
    Thanked 7,434 Times in 2,378 Posts

    Default Re: KUNG FU PANDA MMO

    Quote Originally Posted by Distracted View Post
    I once stood in a Barrens tree for 8 hours waiting for the Humar the Pridelord rare hunter pet to spawn.

    I tamed it.

    In fact it was an all-star in a 5-hour seige of SW... What a night... Alliance was on complete lockdown.
    You mean back when rare pets actually existed and didn't immediately revert to the standard class pet?
    Why am I not allowed to have a center?

  17. #42
    All for one RonG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    4,621
    Thanks
    3,072
    Thanked 3,311 Times in 939 Posts

    Default Re: KUNG FU PANDA MMO

    I refused to play this game for a while, then I finally gave it a shot. My friend told me to come to the gates of Storm wind.... massive horde raid pvp..... it was intense... I was a level 10 at that point.. I was just abotu to quit the game until I saw that. I was hooked after that, its been a fun 7 years for me with a lot of breaks.

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RonG For This Useful Post:


  19. #43
    Or Also Schtick The Oi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    30,274
    Thanks
    26,894
    Thanked 30,617 Times in 9,758 Posts

    Default Re: KUNG FU PANDA MMO

    nerds.

  20. #44
    So we come to it at last Chris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    23,008
    Thanks
    6,710
    Thanked 8,078 Times in 3,434 Posts

    Default Re: KUNG FU PANDA MMO

    trollolololololol

  21. #45
    IT'S TRIBE TIME NOW!!! Pyro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Youngstown, Ohio
    Posts
    19,924
    Thanks
    4,234
    Thanked 6,470 Times in 2,882 Posts

    Default Re: KUNG FU PANDA MMO

    Time for some LOLs


  22. The Following User Says Thank You to Pyro For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •