Page 25 of 40 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,375 Times in 1,770 Posts

Default Re: Sacramento Kings WE-PLAY-INDIVIDUAL-BBALL watch!

Even if we get a late lottery pick three years from now, that's still a really big deal. Assuming all goes as planned, we should be in the middle of the playoff pack, and adding another influx of youth will be a very good thing. What if we got he 14th pick in LeBron's 3rd year in the league? Woulda been nice.
    i like jorts

2. The Following User Says Thank You to IWantAKouki For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,675 Times in 2,573 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DaNewCavs View Post
    They'd be a lock in the east....
    They need to move to Kansas City/St. Louis and move into the east stat.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Huber. For This Useful Post:

~
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,862 Times in 2,489 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAKouki View Post
    Even if we get a late lottery pick three years from now, that's still a really big deal. Assuming all goes as planned, we should be in the middle of the playoff pack, and adding another influx of youth will be a very good thing. What if we got he 14th pick in LeBron's 3rd year in the league? Woulda been nice.
    Well, let's see. Going in to James's 3rd year would have been the 2005 draft. The team with the 14th worst record going in to that was the NJ Nets who went 42-40, and beat us out for the 8th seed that season. The Nets ended up selecting at #15, and drafted Antoine Wright. So we lose. It's conceivable we might have considered taking Danny Granger, but we were kind of set at SF. We might had also considered such lousy options as Joey Graham, Gerald Green, Hakim Warrick, or Julius Hodge. Too bad we didn't win the championship and somehow retain our #1, because the last pick in the 1st round that year turned out to be David Lee.

Heck, you might recall we traded in to the 2nd round that year only to waste our pick on Marty A, when we could have drafted Lou Williams, Andray Blatche, Ryan Gomes, Amir Johnson, or Marcin Gortat all taken after him and at least come away with some sort of an asset.

I love the draft game. It's kind of like spinning the roulette wheel.

But I'm sure our scouting and draft department will never make a mistake like that again ...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,020 Times in 790 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAKouki View Post
    I thought we had that and traded it for Jiri Welch....

Thanks
    Thanked 23,944 Times in 5,306 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KB View Post
    I thought we had that and traded it for Jiri Welch....
    Cavs sent their first pick in 2007 to Boston for Welsch. As part of the trade, they had to take the protection off their 2005 pick (Stepien rule), which had earlier been traded to Charlotte (they ended up picking Sean May with the 13th pick in 2005).

Bad memories...

~
    Thanks

On the bright side, can't say I miss not having had the opportunity to draft May.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,020 Times in 790 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wuck View Post
    Cavs sent their first pick in 2007 to Boston for Welsch. As part of the trade, they had to take the protection off their 2005 pick (Stepien rule), which had earlier been traded to Charlotte (they ended up picking Sean May with the 13th pick in 2005).

Bad memories...
    Was not sure how it all played out... Thanks for the knowledge bomb

Quote Originally Posted by JonFromVA View Post
    On the bright side, can't say I miss not having had the opportunity to draft May.
    Well to put in prespective Danny Granger, Jarett Jack, Monta Ellis and David Lee will all still on the board at that point also.. So you can get as snarky as you want but it still set the Cavs back big time

~
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KB View Post
    Well to put in prespective Danny Granger, Jarett Jack, Monta Ellis and David Lee will all still on the board at that point also.. So you can get as snarky as you want but it still set the Cavs back big time
    I already did in my earlier reply.

Chris Grant officially joined the Cavs as assistant GM about 2 weeks after the 2005 draft, so I suppose we can't blame him for playing any sort of role in us taking Andriuskevicious over Lou Williams or Gortat, but it seems he was still on the Hawks staff when they took Marvin Williams over CP3 and Deron Williams.

He most certainly was on board when we took Shannon Brown and Boobie over Paul Millsap; Hickson over Ibaka, Batum, Chalmers, Jordan, Asik, Mbah a Moute; and Eyenga over Blair, Jerebko, Thornton.

If there's an NBA draft genius out there who never makes a mistake, I'm afraid he's not on our staff.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,619 Times in 519 Posts

The draft is a crap shoot.. I hate when I read posts saying so and so was still on the board.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Numbers Guy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 23,944 Times in 5,306 Posts

The Kings are so bad, the West is too good, and this thread is too depressing to keep in Cavs Talk until they get significantly better. So I'm moving it to Around the NBA.

I look forward to the day when the Kings' good play provides a rationale for bringing this thread back to Cavs Talk. I hope it happens in calendar year 2012.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wuck For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Boom trade cousins and such for Howard get them to the playoffs, I want my damn draft pick.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,077 Times in 427 Posts

I watched most of the 2nd half lastnight Kings/Blazers- most exiciting game I've seen all season. They left Jimmer out of the rotation, Salmons was blanketing on defense, and Tyreke wasn't ballhogging too much. Weird, Cousins wasn't even in the game- JThomp was holding the frontcourt down. Little Isiah Thomas (5'9?) had a great block on a 3 on 1

"Finesse was never my better side," the bruising center admitted. "All my basketball life, like iI like to say, my basketball is not really nice for watching, but it is really effective."- Nikola Pekovic

"Got my first ever technical last night and lost $2000...makes me angry when i realize thats 2000 mcchickens or 4000 jack in the box tacos"- Jeremy Lin

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Kypus For This Useful Post:

Resident Microbiologist Dr. Gymbo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,725 Times in 786 Posts

Player wise, the J.J. for Omri trade is a wash involving the personnel involved. At least Omri fills a position of need for the Cavs. However, the Cavs did win that trade because of the draft pick included. It will be 2-3 years before we get it, but still, I'm pleased overall.

J.J. was never going to accept a bench role here. Omri might. Omri is also going to cost a fraction of what J.J. is going to want. Even if we don't get the pick immediately, at least we have it to include in future deals as a sweetner ourselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSurge View Post
    To be fair, "Heat Reporters" have only been on the job a few years.

Probably got on 2K and put in work.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,956 Times in 2,041 Posts

Man... if the Kings get the 8th seed and the Cavs can move Ramon for a 1st...

Naaaaaaahhhhh

Birthing All-Stars Free Agency God's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,554 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Czvosec View Post
    Man... if the Kings get the 8th seed and the Cavs can move Ramon for a 1st...

Naaaaaaahhhhh
    You're right. We'll get TWO firsts for Ramon. Next, we'll trade Varejao for a lottery pick and let Jamison expire unless the Cavs want to take on a bad contract for yet another 1st rounder, making us have SIX first rounders in the 2012 draft. Get real. Only three picks in the draft? You know better than that.