Page 26 of 40 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,415 Times in 2,477 Posts

Default Re: Sacramento Kings WE-PLAY-INDIVIDUAL-BBALL watch!

Quote Originally Posted by guitarlifter View Post
    You're right. We'll get TWO firsts for Ramon. Next, we'll trade Varejao for a lottery pick and let Jamison expire unless the Cavs want to take on a bad contract for yet another 1st rounder, making us have SIX first rounders in the 2012 draft. Get real. Only three picks in the draft? You know better than that.
    doubt it

Playoff Bound! 3D Poker Champion NumberTris Champion Shape and Color Champion Raining Day Champion Sneaky's Road Trip - Istanbul Champion Up Champion Code Breakers Champion JDeezy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,479 Times in 1,965 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by huber14 View Post
    doubt it
    Really, you doubt it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Simmons
    Phil Jackson ran the Triangle offense. Mike Brown runs the "If you cross midcourt with the ball, you get to keep it and shoot" offense.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JDeezy For This Useful Post:

Team Player $ Donator Believeland-OH's Avatar
    Thanks

The Kings Last 7 Games:

L 93-96 @Utah (-3)
    L 90-93 @Golden State (-3)
    W 95-92 v. Portland
    W 114-106 v. Golden State
    W 100-92 @ New Orleans
    L 84-86 @ Minnesota (-2)
    W 106-101 v. Oklahoma City

The Kings are 4-1 in their last 5 games. In their last 7 games they are 4-3, but no lose was greater then 3 points. This coach may be turning the team around and with 2/3 of the season left to go and The Kings only 4 back there is still a chance. They hired their new coach at the start of January, so maybe we are just not seeing the effects of him installing his system. Hopefully the players continue to play hard, and maybe, just maybe, they could sneak into the playoffs.

This team definitely has a lot of young talent, and I would be shocked if we didn't get our pick before it expires in 2017.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Believeland-OH For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 23,856 Times in 3,837 Posts

They're playing really good ball of late. Unfortunately they're entering the brutal part of their schedule. 9 of next 12 are on the road...6 straight road games stuffed in there too. If they can play respectable in the next 12, there is a 9 game home stand right after that....things could get interesting. They need to stay healthy. A trade for more complimentary pieces would be nice too.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
    They're playing really good ball of late. Unfortunately they're entering the brutal part of their schedule. 9 of next 12 are on the road...6 straight road games stuffed in there too. If they can play respectable in the next 12, there is a 9 game home stand right after that....things could get interesting. They need to stay healthy. A trade for more complimentary pieces would be nice too.

I would love to get that Kings pick in this draft, but in the long run it might be better for the team to receive the pick a few years from now.

Team Player
    Thanks

Imagine receiving like the 12th pick in the 2015 NBA draft after the Cavs are in full contention mode... that would be a great thing for the franchise...I truly feel that in 2015 the cavs will be deep in the playoffs

9. The Following User Says Thank You to tristan+kyrie=$ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,896 Times in 1,478 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CavsFanLA View Post
    if the kings were in the East I'd be more enthusiastic,however in the west they are 6 games out of the 8th seed

the kings are a bad road team 3 - 12

we may not see Kings draft pick till 2015 or 2014 barring major improvements

Cavs receive the Kings 2012 first-round pick lottery protected in the 2012 Draft, top 13 protected in 2013, top 12 in 2014, top 10 protected in 2015 and 2016, otherwise a 2nd round pick in 2017 ()
    I would be extremely surprised if we saw the pick at all. I fully expect it to be moved this year.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,143 Times in 2,469 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cafemerald View Post
    I would be extremely surprised if we saw the pick at all. I fully expect it to be moved this year.
    Interesting concept. I too think Grant is going to go all in - like balls to the mother fucking wall for this draft. I'm talking like 3-4 picks in the first round. You figure:

1.Our first
    2.1st for Sessions - Let's assume we move him to the Lakers for their first and their TPE.
    3.Trading Sacramento's future 1st for a 1st in 2012 (assuming Sactown doesn't make the playoffs). For shits and giggles - let's say that pick is somewhere between 18-24.

& maybe...just maybe...
    4.Jamison for a 1st? I could see Indiana making a move for him. They have a ton of cap space - could use an extra shooter off the bench - and Tawn comes off the books after this year. Plus Indiana is really good and could challenge the Heat & the Bulls.

That would give us 4 1st rounders. I know it's extremely unlikely but it is certainly possible.

Thanks

Plus 2 high 2nd round picks. Trade a bunch or all of those picks (not our own) to get back into the Lotto.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,133 Times in 334 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Damage View Post
    Interesting concept. I too think Grant is going to go all in - like balls to the mother fucking wall for this draft. I'm talking like 3-4 picks in the first round. You figure:

1.Our first
    2.1st for Sessions - Let's assume we move him to the Lakers for their first and their TPE.
    3.Trading Sacramento's future 1st for a 1st in 2012 (assuming Sactown doesn't make the playoffs). For shits and giggles - let's say that pick is somewhere between 18-24.

& maybe...just maybe...
    4.Jamison for a 1st? I could see Indiana making a move for him. They have a ton of cap space - could use an extra shooter off the bench - and Tawn comes off the books after this year. Plus Indiana is really good and could challenge the Heat & the Bulls.

That would give us 4 1st rounders. I know it's extremely unlikely but it is certainly possible.
    Indiana doesn't have any contract to trade to make the Jamison deal work. Or since they are under the cap can they just take him with out giving up anyone? How does that work?

Thanks
    Thanked 8,143 Times in 2,469 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DraftPick View Post
    Indiana doesn't have any contract to trade to make the Jamison deal work. Or since they are under the cap can they just take him with out giving up anyone? How does that work?
    They don't need to give up any player - as they have about $14 million in cap room to burn. Since Tawn is an expiring it would just be a 2-3 month rental. They will have that $14 million to play with in the off-season and have some assets they can trade (Granger is primed to be moved so Paul George can take over).

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Damage For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,934 Times in 500 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Damage View Post
    They don't need to give up any player - as they have about $14 million in cap room to burn. Since Tawn is an expiring it would just be a 2-3 month rental. They will have that $14 million to play with in the off-season and have some assets they can trade (Granger is primed to be moved so Paul George can take over).
    I know we're getting off-topic here, but I don't think Indiana could trade for Jamison straight-up. Indiana has $14.2 million in cap space and Jamison is making a shade over $15 million this year. We'd have to take back about $800,000 in salary to make the deal work.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,133 Times in 334 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Richfield 4ever View Post
    I know we're getting off-topic here, but I don't think Indiana could trade for Jamison straight-up. Indiana has $14.2 million in cap space and Jamison is making a shade over $15 million this year. We'd have to take back about $800,000 in salary to make the deal work.
    Well that is still easier to do than finding someone with a similar contract to swap with.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,934 Times in 500 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DraftPick View Post
    Well that is still easier to do than finding someone with a similar contract to swap with.
    Agreed -- Indiana looks like the most appealing trade partner for Jamison. He would be an upgrade over Hansbrough and would fit in well in Indiana's locker room.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to The Hill For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,490 Times in 1,669 Posts

Damn JJ's hands do look small in that pic, I found it fascinating he couldn't palm a basketball. All of those crisp passess inside that he Buckner'd really make sense now.
    Official John Hughes Bandwagon!!!