Page 108 of 589 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118158208 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 8830
    Thanks

Default Re: Tristan Thompson

he shows a ton of potential sometimes, and has terrible games other times. for a young raw big man, thats ok. not worried about tt. he had fucking 8 offensive rebounds. such energy. another 3-4 night at the line too.

The Original HN3108 bigfoot5415's Avatar
    Thanks

Eat Shit RCF.

Yours truly,
    Tristan Thompson
    Wiggins Watch 2014

Thanks

One game of 27-12 with no plays being called for him is a good sign. Lets see how the offseason pans out.
    Wiggins Watch 2014

All Star
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,783 Times in 805 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot5415 View Post
    One game of 27-12 with no plays being called for him is a good sign. Lets see how the offseason pans out.
    3-4 on this free throws too. He's been shooting at a much better clip as of late. Very encouraging.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CPK For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,955 Times in 1,766 Posts

That's why writing him off or declaring him Jesus Shuttlesworth is just too much right now.

He is going to grow. We just need to see what he is going to grow into. I still believe one day he'll average 15 and 10 in the NBA and be a fringe all-star.

Rising out of the ashes

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by McOhio View Post
    3-4 on this free throws too. He's been shooting at a much better clip as of late. Very encouraging.
    It is. This offseason with our staff, our facilities, possible summer league, and maybe more opportunities with Tim Duncan will push this kid to his potential.
    Wiggins Watch 2014

Thanks

The KITT PNR looks to be deadly now that they're getting some minutes together.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mds For This Useful Post:

All Star
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,783 Times in 805 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mds View Post
    The KITT PNR looks to be deadly now that they're getting some minutes together.
    I love this.

Thanks

12/16 with 12 boards?

John Hollinger just wet himself.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CavsFTW For This Useful Post:

Playoff Bound! 3D Poker Champion NumberTris Champion Shape and Color Champion Raining Day Champion Sneaky's Road Trip - Istanbul Champion Up Champion Code Breakers Champion JDeezy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,479 Times in 1,965 Posts

Now we just need to draft Earnesto Nugent.

Big 3 = KITTEN.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Simmons
    Phil Jackson ran the Triangle offense. Mike Brown runs the "If you cross midcourt with the ball, you get to keep it and shoot" offense.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JDeezy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Nets gave up a ton of offensive boards tonight and Tristan can really take advantage there. He's definitely best when he lives in the paint. If he's to be our starting PF we really do need to pair him with a center with a jumpshot.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mds For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,471 Times in 1,157 Posts

I was never turned on before by a basketball game before until i was watching Tristian do his thang.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,570 Times in 2,721 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Distracted View Post
    Now we just need to draft Earnesto Nugent.

Big 3 = KITTEN.
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    Things Dave K was right about:

Dion Waiters will be good
    Anthony Bennett will be good
    Mike Brown will be a fucking idiot, again
    The board sucks without DaveK

And thats practically all. Wrong about almost everything else

Thanks
    Thanked 1,770 Times in 787 Posts

He looked good tonight. He eats lesser bigs alive, but good defensive bigs will still shut him down at times as he is learning. Really shows you how effective he can be when he is given the ball in a position to score. Don't give it to him on the wing! I'd still like to see him rebound more defensively.

A View Inside the Game Wine and Gold's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,242 Times in 726 Posts

I think it's obvious that Tristan will always be limited offensively. I don't believe he'll ever truly develop into a rounded and versatile offensive performer, but I think he can become effective by simply working hard and developing what he does well, from an offensive standpoint and not trying to do what he doesn't do well. What he has within him is great athleticism, strength, leaping ability, and excellent hands. By building his career along side a pg with excellent drive and dish ability will always provide Tristan the opportunity to score In the block, and get garbage buckets via his excellent knack for hammering the offensive glass. Where I'd like to see him develop more is his ability to become more adept at passing out of the post, and just in his short time playing this year he has shown some development in that area, but has a long way to go... But can see him continuing that positive trend.

Do I see TT becoming an all star in this league? No. But, I do see him being the type player you can win with in this league. Certain players are winning players and some are players that will always play for losers.. But Tristan is the type player that winning teams and organizations like to have because what he does on the court, in an unselfish manner are elements you might not see in a boxscore, but are elements that are the fabric of successful programs.

Tristan just needs to know what he can and cannot do on the offensive end and be happy with that and not try to be something he isn't. His bedrock is running the floor well, playing smart defense, effectively being able to bust up pick and rolls, rebounding, blocking shots.. And providing what comes to him offensively without getting the way of those on the team that do gave the rounded and developed offensive games that justify more monopolization of time, and plays being run for them...

Tristan is a strong core piece that we can build this organization around longterm. He could start and be successful provided he gas the right Center next to him, or he could become an excellent first big off the bench type that all championship level teams need. It all depends on how this roster gets developed as we move forward. But, he can and will be successful af either role if he just continues to do what he's been doing, and being exactly who he is as a person. Keep working harder than anybody, working in a smart manner as he has been, and being a solid example and teammate on and off the court. He continues on jnto the future as he has up til now, and the pieces will fall in place for him and the team. Like I said.. He may not be a superstar, but, he'll be a top core piece that will be a strong part of the fabric of what makes a team a strong, successful, winning program. You can't have too many of these type bigs on your roster, quite frankly. It's a big transition for a young big man coming from college into the NBA. But, the next few years will show strong incremental gains in his consistency and proficiency.