Page 51 of 589 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151551 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Default Re: Tristan Thompson

I love the idea of a shorter front court rotation. The only draw back is Antawn getting still getting the minutes.

I didn't see any comments about Boobie starting the 2nd half, anyone know how bad AP's injury is? Was it a matchup change? A lineup change? Or is AP really hurt?

I would really like to see Boobs and TT play with KI and AV more whether it's Gee or Casspi (whom I'm actually thinking about picking back up on my fantasy team) that's at the 3.

Very fun to watch so far...

Savior of Humanity InBoobieWeTrust's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,130 Times in 1,403 Posts

Austin Carr might actually not be batshit crazy by suggesting Tristan switch hands when shooting FT's. I man, it seems like a radical change, but he really does seem to have better natural touch with his right hand which is the most important thing in shooting free throws.

Offensively, I think Tristan can become really good, he has an interesting but very effective tendency to go left and shoot with his right, it's not an easy thing to guard, and as he develops as a player he should become very effective with moves to that effect.

I think Grant found a gem, to be quite honest. He's going to take more time to develop than Kyrie(who is developing at an insane rate), but if he works hard and things go well, he could end up being the second best player in the draft.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to InBoobieWeTrust For This Useful Post:

Private eyes, Watchin You Tornicade IED's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,713 Times in 2,074 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BigErieCavsFan View Post
    I love the idea of a shorter front court rotation. The only draw back is Antawn getting still getting the minutes.

I didn't see any comments about Boobie starting the 2nd half, anyone know how bad AP's injury is? Was it a matchup change? A lineup change? Or is AP really hurt?

I would really like to see Boobs and TT play with KI and AV more whether it's Gee or Casspi (whom I'm actually thinking about picking back up on my fantasy team) that's at the 3.

Very fun to watch so far...
    if parker is still out it will be interesting to see if boobie gets the nod or gee.

Thanks
    Thanked 21,574 Times in 4,829 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BigErieCavsFan View Post
    anyone know how bad AP's injury is?
    During the game, the PD reported: Anthony Parker has a sore lower back, will not return for #Cavs. Had problems with it last year, too.

Afterwards: Parker's status for Tuesday's game against Golden State has not been announced.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,025 Times in 1,544 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Czvosec View Post
    His FT issues:

-Ball is resting on his palm. Strike 1

-Feet too close together with left foot too far in front. Strike 2

-Snaps wrist too late, which is why there is no arc. Strike 3

His form is MESSED up. But its all fixable. Just need someone to help him sooner rather than later.
    His FT's look like a guy playing darts at the bar right now. For what it's worth it is smooth with it so hopefully it can be corrected. What's weird is when coming off the dribble or on the turn around it has much better arch.

I always thought Shaq should have switched to shooting FT's with his left hand since supposedly he had hurt his wrist when he was young and I don't think it's a bad idea for Tristan to switch to his right. I'm probably the wrong guy to ask advice about this as I would also tell Tristan to try out the good old Rick Barry granny shot
    There is a tension, peculiar to basketball, between the interests of the team and the interests of the individual. The game continually tempts the people who play it to do things that are not in the interest of the group.
    Michael Lewis

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Pioneer10 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,310 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer10 View Post
    His FT's look like a guy playing darts at the bar right now. For what it's worth it is smooth with it so hopefully it can be corrected. What's weird is when coming off the dribble or on the turn around it has much better arch.

I always thought Shaq should have switched to shooting FT's with his left hand since supposedly he had hurt his wrist when he was young and I don't think it's a bad idea for Tristan to switch to his right. I'm probably the wrong guy to ask advice about this as I would also tell Tristan to try out the good old Rick Barry granny shot
    I'd heard the same, only that he hurt both wrists. Couldn't tell you when or where I heard it, but something about him falling out of a tree. That sound familiar?

Thanks

Not a fan of playing TT at center. He is too small to stay healthy. I say we trade for a center. But I think Erden did better tonight. If TT is not backing up Antawn, I would go with Samardo over Hollins.
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit - Aristotle as quoted by Shaq..

Situational Stopper CavsFaninNJ's Avatar
    Thanks

Tristian Thompson looks almost identical to the dude from Friday Night Lights and who played Wallace from the Wire

that's all

11. The Following User Says Thank You to CavsFaninNJ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,111 Times in 617 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CavsFaninNJ View Post
    Tristian Thompson looks almost identical to the dude from Friday Night Lights and who played Wallace from the Wire

that's all
    Racist...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,758 Times in 727 Posts

I think playing TT at the backup center spot is just a way for Scott to get the rook some extra minutes while they continue to showcase Jamison. Backing up Jamison and Tawn, perhaps he can get close to the amount of minutes Kyrie is getting.

He's not big enough to truly guard real centers in the NBA, but his standing reach and his hops may make him at least serviceable in that role. I expect him to have issues with foul trouble at the 5 though.

Anything to get this kid some more minutes and develop some chemistry with him and Ky, I support.

Situational Stopper CavsFaninNJ's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tedginnjr View Post
    Racist...
    I'm black lol. They really do look just alike!

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,043 Times in 439 Posts

I'm seriously surprised that we haven't seen more oops thrown to TT.

Part of it is Sessions poorly timed passes, and the other part of it is not play with KI enough.

You'd think the kid would be able to get one or two oops a game from his athleticism alone.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,142 Times in 2,608 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WhoWeAre View Post
    I'm seriously surprised that we haven't seen more oops thrown to TT.

Part of it is Sessions poorly timed passes, and the other part of it is not play with KI enough.

You'd think the kid would be able to get one or two oops a game from his athleticism alone.
    Sessions has AT LEAST 3-4 oop opportunities per game and he always hesitates to throw the lob just long enough for the moment to pass. That's the main thing I miss about having Baron here...he never passed up that chance and I want Kyrie to learn to do the same.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chrisrich91 For This Useful Post:

~
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,862 Times in 2,489 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pr26 View Post
    He's not big enough to truly guard real centers in the NBA, but his standing reach and his hops may make him at least serviceable in that role. I expect him to have issues with foul trouble at the 5 though.
    It wouldn't hurt to see Byron use our C's in a less scripted, more of a matchup manner. For instance, I had a faint memory of Hollins playing well .vs. the Lakers last year, and we could have used his length to help defend Gasol or Bynum. And we did use Tristan at C last night for a stretch. It's really not much of a problem having him defending a 7 footer like Mullins, or another undersized player like Diaw.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,754 Times in 1,026 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrich91 View Post
    Sessions has AT LEAST 3-4 oop opportunities per game and he always hesitates to throw the lob just long enough for the moment to pass. That's the main thing I miss about having Baron here...he never passed up that chance and I want Kyrie to learn to do the same.
    There was also the painful alley-oop attempt in the last game where he made it painfully obvious he was going to throw the oop the whole way. When he finally threw it, both defenders on the p&r rotated over to TT and he ended up getting undercut by the guard while the big tried to knock it away in the air. Awful.