Page 33 of 41 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,525 Times in 829 Posts

Default Re: Casspi Assfingers

There is far too much invested in Tristan to even fathom bringing JJ back. Tristan's offensive game is similar to that of JJ in his second year or so. No strong post moves or developed jumper.

Tristan is Hickson with a brain and a motor. Don't taint that with J.J. and his bonehead play/antics. Patience is a virtue.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,363 Times in 3,657 Posts

I want Hickson back just so I have someone I can complain about every game. As it is, I really don't see that guy on this team anymore. Everyone else handles Jamison, and from there on out you've got a collection of crappy players that are expected to be crappy, that know they're crappy, and that get paid like they're crappy. So I need Hickson back on this team to feel like myself again.
    Quote Originally Posted by David.
    Idiot

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Rich For This Useful Post:

Team Player
    Thanks

Parker is my source of frustration now that ramen noodle is gone
    If we call an older woman chasing after a younger boy a "Cougar"....... Is it safe to say that we can call an old man chasing after a younger boy a "Nittany Lion"???

Thanks
    Thanked 1,132 Times in 367 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I want Hickson back just so I have someone I can complain about every game. As it is, I really don't see that guy on this team anymore. Everyone else handles Jamison, and from there on out you've got a collection of crappy players that are expected to be crappy, that know they're crappy, and that get paid like they're crappy. So I need Hickson back on this team to feel like myself again.
    Dude, just jump on the "I hate Jamison" bandwagon with the rest of us. Face it, when his jumper is off he is the most annoying player on the planet to watch. What with the lazy D, stupid twist shots, missed free throws. And if Hickson were to come back, it's not like you'd be any more original for hating on him. He would get as much love as Jamison does.

Gold Star Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,724 Times in 945 Posts

Makes no sense to me for a team to just buy out and let go a younger player who does possess some talent. I can see older vets but not a younger player.
    Despite whatever issues he might have, Hickson can play in the league and will be around a lot longer. He's not even 24 yet. Wouldn't bring him back. Cavs have moved on and already have decided he wasn't a piece they wanted to build with.

The Casspi/Hickson trade turned out to be a bust with the exception of the Cavs getting the future #1 which they will get in a few seasons.

Veteran
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,420 Times in 1,378 Posts

Cavs basketball has been much more enjoyable to watch since Casspi has been getting limited minutes.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Gimme Some Mo For This Useful Post:

Veteran
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,420 Times in 1,378 Posts

I am not so sure why most people seem to be so confident the Kings will make the playoffs within the next 4-5 years or whatever it is. The organization is just terrible and it has already been 6 years since their last playoff appearance (if you include this season).

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Gimme Some Mo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,770 Times in 787 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gimme Some Mo View Post
    I am not so sure why most people seem to be so confident the Kings will make the playoffs within the next 4-5 years or whatever it is. The organization is just terrible and it has already been 6 years since their last playoff appearance (if you include this season).
    If they cant win with this core, then they will trade some of the really talented knuckleheads off for good players. You could trade Tyreke and Cousins for a good haul, maybe for a star on a rebuilding team. I think they will move some of the major offenders soon if they can't get it to work.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Cavatt For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 934 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gimme Some Mo View Post
    Why do some of you insist on claiming that making the playoffs is necessary to get that pick? They just have to have a better record then 10 other teams a couple of years from now. That is a very very different thing. Something like playing around .450 ball would be good enough to get the pick. They just have to be mediocre. Not good. Just mediocre.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Scholar For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Casspi has been looking much better in the last couple of weeks and especially in the last two games. his defense and rebounding have been solid lately. If he can score on a more regular basis I think he can be a good sub.

Just read that the cavs might release him at the end of the season to make more room under the salary cap. It makes no sense since he is going to get paid 2.2 M which is very little in nba standarts.

Thanks

This may be an unpopular opinion (actually I know for a fact it will be), but I don't think Alonzo Gee is really all that much better than Omri Casspi right now or in general.

I think we all (myself included) got blinded by the fact that it appeared the Cavs had a young, exciting wing player for the first time in seemingly forever in Gee and we've overlooked the fact that he's really not that good.

I would certainly not match an offer over 3M a year at this point.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,963 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CavsFanLA View Post
    I think you may be in the minority inn that assumption

Few things to ponder
    • there are rumors of buying out Casspi in the off season
    • there are rumors Casspi not even learning all the plays as a starter
    • Gee has been a much better defender at the 3, one of the league leaders in steals(almost 2.0/g)
    • Omri's stats as a starter 22 Mpg 41.8% FG 31.3% 3PT 63.2% FT 3.5 REB 7.6 PPG
    • Alonzo's stats as a starter 33 Mpg 43.2% FG 29.3% 3PT 72.4% FT 5.8 REB 12.9 PPG
    • Gee's PER is 13.32 and Casspi's is 11.72
    • Gee stats are better everywhere except in 3PT % as a starter its better as a bench player

I like that Omri has been playing better as of late . he was one of the few bright spots in the PHX game , however reports he still doesn't know all the plays is pretty damning.

I have long advocated him coming of the bench to get his head straight and play in a less stressful situation against lesser opponents .

the remaining games we might get a picture of what we have with Casspi
    All this proves is neither Gee nor Casspi should be starting as an NBA player. Keep one for the bench and find a starting caliber sf in the draft. Everyone here wants big men, and we do need those, but we are in need of wing players too. Not a single wing player on this team currently should be a starter in the nba, and that includes fan favorite Gee. If Gee was even a late 1st round pick, we would all be on his case calling him overrated and a bust.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Lee For This Useful Post:

Situational Stopper KingDelonte13's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CBBI View Post
    This may be an unpopular opinion (actually I know for a fact it will be), but I don't think Alonzo Gee is really all that much better than Omri Casspi right now or in general.

I think we all (myself included) got blinded by the fact that it appeared the Cavs had a young, exciting wing player for the first time in seemingly forever in Gee and we've overlooked the fact that he's really not that good.

I would certainly not match an offer over 3M a year at this point.

Casspi is not going to get any better. Gee has potential to get better. Casspi is a terrible Defender. Gee plays D. Casspi can't create his own shot. Gee can create his own shot.

EDIT: i'm not saying Gee is all that good or will be great, but i do contend that Gee throughout the course of this season has shown he is the far better ball player.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to KingDelonte13 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,014 Times in 918 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    All this proves is neither Gee nor Casspi should be starting as an NBA player. Keep one for the bench and find a starting caliber sf in the draft. Everyone here wants big men, and we do need those, but we are in need of wing players too. Not a single wing player on this team currently should be a starter in the nba, and that includes fan favorite Gee. If Gee was even a late 1st round pick, we would all be on his case calling him overrated and a bust.
    Oh come on. That's beyond absurd.
    Last edited by wuck; 03-26-2012 at 12:53 PM.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Giambiwannabe7 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,963 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SmknJoe7 View Post
    All this proves is neither Gee nor Casspi should be starting as an NBA player. Keep one for the bench and find a starting caliber sf in the draft. Everyone here wants big men, and we do need those, but we are in need of wing players too. Not a single wing player on this team currently should be a starter in the nba, and that includes fan favorite Gee. If Gee was even a late 1st round pick, we would all be on his case calling him overrated and a bust.[/QUOTE]

Oh come on. That's beyond absurd.
    No, draft position has everything to do with it. See Shannan brown if you think i am wrong. Gee hasnt proved to be much better than Brown, but we called him a bust and ran him out of town. Since the Lakers paid nothing for him, he was a savior there for 2 years. But they are both similar level players.
    Last edited by wuck; 03-26-2012 at 12:53 PM.