Page 172 of 726 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174182222272672 ... LastLast
Results 2,566 to 2,580 of 10876

Thread: Kyrie Irving

Co-Owner Paddy's Pub Frank Reynolds's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,136 Times in 783 Posts

Default Re: Kyrie Irving

Quote Originally Posted by guitarlifter View Post
    It's true. I've never seen anyone have as good of English and spin on the ball when finishing as Kyrie either. It's fucking scary as hell to think of how good he'll be at the peak of his career. He is MVP potential especially with his clutchness, a "stat" that is highly coveted by pretty much anyone.
    His english + his tightness of spin on the ball is stupid. He also puts this reverse english on the left side of the backboard, with the right hand, his elbow looks like its gonna pop out it's track. Wizard with the ball

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,679 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wuck View Post
    Some post-game observations:

Kyrie Irving on game winner: "He picked me up full court and I take that as a test when people pick me up full court. I’m pretty confident in my offensive skillset in the fourth quarter and the lane opened up when I got down there. It was a tough shot.”

Antawn Jamison on Kyrie: "We’re accustomed to seeing him night in and night out. But for our opponents who only see it on film, it’s totally different when you’re trying to guard him. He's always under control. He does a great job of setting opponents up and he finishes around the rim better than anyone I've ever played with."
    THAT is high praise. I wonder if he had a couple of guys in mind when he said that? Hmmm.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RedBlackAttack For This Useful Post:

Situational Stopper pinoycavsfan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by akhan786 View Post
    BTW other than his layup against the Celtics and tonight's game winner, what was his other one? I can't seem to remember.
    against dallas (layup for the lead which was eventually the game winning shot),game winning freethrows against sacramento

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pinoycavsfan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 21,542 Times in 4,825 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by akhan786 View Post
    BTW other than his layup against the Celtics and tonight's game winner, what was his other one? I can't seem to remember.
    i think he's counting Celtics, Mavs, and Nuggets. although i don't consider the mavs late basket to be a game-winner. he also hit the free throws at the tail end of the Kings game. unless i'm forgetting something, i would say he has 2 game-winning shots (Celtics/Nuggets), a set of game-winning FTs, and a lot of clutch plays down the stretch in other victories (and in losses as well). did he win some other games with late FTs?

it's hard to keep track.
    Last edited by wuck; 03-08-2012 at 12:49 AM.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wuck For This Useful Post:

**lost this privilege** Donkey Kong Champion Ocean Force Champion Cell Defense Champion Bird Saver Champion Jigsaw: Rocky Waters Champion Brave Old World Champion Jigsaw: Boats And Fire Hydrant Champion Jigsaw: Narrow Street Champion A Miko Tale Marionette: Another Tale Champion Balancing Mathai Champion Jigsaw: Red Toadstool Champion Jigsaw: Wood Formation Champion 4Blocks Champion CircusCircus Champion Jigsaw: Slate Mine Champion Spencer Hawes's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,647 Times in 687 Posts

When is his shoe coming out?

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spencer Hawes For This Useful Post:

Thanks

also overlooked but impressive... the D on lawson after the big layup to seal it. amazing on the other side of the ball too mane.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Magic Brownies For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks

I have to admit... When the Cavaliers were getting ready to make their pick during the draft last summer, I was apprehensive. Not because I thought Kyrie was the wrong choice, but rather because he was the best choice available to us. I figured he'd be a decent PG - perhaps a Mike Conley-type with a little better scoring ability - but I never expected this!

I have seen all but 8 games this season, and this kid has just continued to impress me. No homer-ism required!!!

When I decided to make this post, I was thinking to myself: "Who would I trade Kyrie for? What would it take for a team to pry him from me if I were the GM of the Cavaliers?"

The honest answer? A hell of a lot! The only player that I can definitely say will likely always have more of an impact on a game than him, as long as he's in the league, is LeBron. I may not be right - but that is truly how I feel.

I wouldn't trade him for Rose. I know that CP3 is a better PG right now, but I honestly believe we have struck gold for a second straight time with the #1 pick; and I believe that when all is said and done, Kyrie will be remembered as a better PG than rose... or at-least he'll have become a bigger star, and will be remembered as one of the all-time greats.

The basketball Gods have been looking out for us - let's just hope that they continue to keep us under their embrace so that Kyrie can get his running mates this year.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Reynolds View Post
    His english + his tightness of spin on the ball is stupid. He also puts this reverse english on the left side of the backboard, with the right hand, his elbow looks like its gonna pop out it's track. Wizard with the ball
    I noticed this too. The way he finished that shot made it look easy , but it was a right hand from the left side sort of back handed flip that put it in. That after carrying affalo 3 quarter of the court and splitting two defenders to get to that point. It was interesting that the defender on his left appeared to lunge out of the way, I am assuming to cover the passing lane. Good game by Gee and Jamison as well.
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit - Aristotle as quoted by Shaq..

Thanks
    Thanked 1,380 Times in 624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wuck View Post
    i think he's counting Celtics, Mavs, and Nuggets. although i don't consider the mavs late basket to be a game-winner. he also hit the free throws at the tail end of the Kings game. unless i'm forgetting something, i would say he has 2 game-winning shots (Celtics/Nuggets), a set of game-winning FTs, and a lot of clutch plays down the stretch in other victories (and in losses as well). did he win some other games with late FTs?

it's hard to keep track.
    He had some clutch free throws late against Detroit but those weren't really game winners, because I'm pretty sure we went up 4. Just sealed the game. But besides that I don't think so.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Toph For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,278 Times in 1,818 Posts

Anybody else just know that was going to happen? Kid is a f***ing stud.

Kyrie still nowhere to be found on ESPN main page.

Cavaliers | Browns | Indians | Buckeyes | Red Hawks

Guardian of the Cavaliers Green Lantern's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack View Post
    THAT is high praise. I wonder if he had a couple of guys in mind when he said that? Hmmm.

U know who that person is..the one who took his choking talent to South Beach.

BARNES BRIGADE $ Donator Pavlovic3Ball's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,964 Times in 1,089 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer10 View Post
    He's the player the Cavs would have had if Kevin Johnson and Mark Price were molded it into a single hybrid freakishly good basketball player.

His shooting is so good already and that is one part of a person's game that tends to get significantly better as they mature. In a few years he's going to be Nash like deadly from the perimeter IMO and so you won't be able to play off of him. Yet I don't think people are going to be able to cut him off because of his ability to dribble penetrate. Hell it already looks like guys are wary of him breaking their ankles already (see Shumpter and Knight)
    That is a great comparison. Good thing he isn't a pussy lie KJ was. More Price in regards to his attitude/toughness.
    Last edited by Pavlovic3Ball; 03-08-2012 at 10:03 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blue_kahuna View Post
    When is his shoe coming out?
    If he keeps it up...probably real soon and hopefully when/if they do they continue to feature wine and gold and not the Jordan template that Nike and LeBron James ran with while he was here.

Thanks

Does anybody know who is the rookie with more game winners in history? is kirie close?

Thanks

Gotta love Irvings clutchness ( yes that is not a real word ). If somebody would have said prior to the game that the CAVS were going to beat the Nuggets in their house last night I would have thought that was crazy. Thank god the losing streak did not even get to double digits!