Page 208 of 726 FirstFirst ... 108158198206207208209210218258308708 ... LastLast
Results 3,106 to 3,120 of 10876

Thread: Kyrie Irving

Thanks
    Thanked 4,426 Times in 1,667 Posts

Default Re: Kyrie Irving

Quote Originally Posted by tedginnjr View Post
    Laughable. They said the same shit about Garnett.

Rubio had a PER for the year under 15, which is that of an average NBA player. Probably because he shot 36%. Their wings are atrocious. Despite what the media wants to say, the Wolves are still trash around Love.
    Pekovic has been awesome at C this year for them, they have a very good coach, I personally feel that Rubio/Ridnour is a good NBA PG tandem.
    Garnett with complete trash around him for the most part got his team in the playoffs for 8 straight years.

This is not meant to be real knock on Love who obviously is a very good player. I just see a guy who can be guarded straight up by a lot of the better NBA defender without having to double team. He's got terrific range but he's doesn't have Dirks ability to drive and pull up. He can post up as well but not the same extent as a guy like Dwight. Go back to when Cleveland played them, and Scott let AV take him one on one and didn't double him.
    There is a tension, peculiar to basketball, between the interests of the team and the interests of the individual. The game continually tempts the people who play it to do things that are not in the interest of the group.
    Michael Lewis

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pioneer10 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer10 View Post
    Pekovic has been awesome at C this year for them, they have a very good coach, I personally feel that Rubio/Ridnour is a good NBA PG tandem.
    Garnett with complete trash around him for the most part got his team in the playoffs for 8 straight years.

This is not meant to be real knock on Love who obviously is a very good player. I just see a guy who can be guarded straight up by a lot of the better NBA defender without having to double team. He's got terrific range but he's doesn't have Dirks ability to drive and pull up. He can post up as well but not the same extent as a guy like Dwight. Go back to when Cleveland played them, and Scott let AV take him one on one and didn't double him.
    Kevin Love is a top 10 player in the league and has been the best PF in the league this year. They have quite possibly the worst rotation of wing players in the league and their bench is awful. Pekovic is a good player, but otherwise they don't have shit. It's a testament to how great Love is that they are still in the playoff race in spite of his supporting cast.

EDIT: check out this page - http://espn.go.com/nba/teams/hollinger/_/team/Min

They have 3 players on their team this year that have a PER above the league average. One, obviously, is Kevin Love. The 2nd is Pekovic, and the 3rd guy really doesn't even count, as it is Anthony Randolph. He has played in only 22 games at 12.5 minutes per game.

Take Love off the Wolves and they are probably worse than the Bobcats.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Obawan12 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,375 Times in 1,770 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tedginnjr View Post
    Laughable. They said the same shit about Garnett.
    Are you really comparing Love to Garnett...
    i like jorts

Thanks
    Thanked 16,614 Times in 3,921 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAKouki View Post
    Are you really comparing Love to Garnett...
    Pretty sure he never compared their games, just their situations..

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MoFlo For This Useful Post:

Reading and reacting Chocomatch Champion Adam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,837 Times in 1,069 Posts

Problem with Love is half his stats are empty, he needs to become a much better defender if minny are going to compete.

Back to kyrie, he seems to be trying to do a little bit too much with the ball at the moment leading to a few unforced urnovers from multiple crossovers.
    'The truth is in the middle' apparently

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Adam For This Useful Post:

Birthing All-Stars Free Agency God's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,575 Times in 1,555 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sawduzt View Post
    Problem with Love is half his stats are empty, he needs to become a much better defender if minny are going to compete.

Back to kyrie, he seems to be trying to do a little bit too much with the ball at the moment leading to a few unforced urnovers from multiple crossovers.
    You dare question the almighty crossover of Kyrie Irving? Off with his head!

Team Player $ Donator Believeland-OH's Avatar
    Thanks

Not sure if this has been posted. It's from Bob Finnan's The Morning Journal.

Sirius discussion

Radio shock jock Howard Stern attended a recent Cavs-Knicks game at Madison Square Garden. Stern, who hosts a popular talk show on Sirius XM Radio, freely admits that he knows little about sports.

When he got to his courtside seat, he found himself sitting next to former Los Angeles Lakers star Magic Johnson. Being based in New York City, Stern was well aware of the phenomenon surrounding Knicks point guard Jeremy Lin.

He said on his show he tried chatting about Lin with Johnson, a Hall of Fame point guard. He said all Johnson wanted to talk about was Cavs point guard Kyrie Irving.

That’s been the case in every city the Cavs play. Just about everyone loves Irving.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Believeland-OH View Post
    Not sure if this has been posted. It's from Bob Finnan's The Morning Journal.

It's things like that that make a season like this bearable. Seeing Kyrie and Tristan mature and develop make the losses a lot easier to handle. Plus, improving our chances in the lottery doesn't hurt either.

Veteran
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,215 Times in 1,376 Posts

This is random, but does anyone know when Nike is going to release a "Kyrie" shoe?

BARNES BRIGADE $ Donator Pavlovic3Ball's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,964 Times in 1,089 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sgm405 View Post
    This is random, but does anyone know when Nike is going to release a "Kyrie" shoe?
    If I don't think he will ever get his own shoe. But more so his own model (Cavs colored). Kind of like how Blake Griffin has his own Hyperdunks, Westbrook/Rondo have their own Hyperfuses, etc. If he signed with Reebok or some lower company, he would definitely get his own model.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Pavlovic3Ball For This Useful Post:

Birthing All-Stars Free Agency God's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,575 Times in 1,555 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pavlovic3Ball View Post
    If I don't think he will ever get his own shoe. But more so his own model (Cavs colored). Kind of like how Blake Griffin has his own Hyperdunks, Westbrook/Rondo have their own Hyperfuses, etc. If he signed with Reebok or some lower company, he would definitely get his own model.
    WHEN he wins MVP, I'm sure he'll get his own shoe. WHEN.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Free Agency God For This Useful Post:

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,444 Times in 665 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wine and Gold View Post
    It's truly amazing how far Kyrie has come in such a short period of time, and with so little experience beyond high school ...coming to a team that offers him little help as well. For a kid that has had alot working against him early on in his post-high school basketball career ....he's come further than anyone in memory. I don't think I really have a feel yet for just how good this kid is going to be, other than as highly as I had him touted, I grossly underrated him and that margin keeps getting bigger and bigger as time passes. We do have a superstar with us, one that makes players around him better, especially interior bigs. He's much more diversified than Lebron, and is more skilled offensively in that he can play with or without the ball. His defense is the area that will be his biggest weakness, and where he wil need to work the hardest to improve upon because offensively he will be a complete package.
    You know what is really scary about Kyrie? Even if he doesn't improve his offensive game at all and simply adds the inevitable increase in stamina due to becoming accustomed to the NBA season and having an actual offseason/training camp for the first time and he improves his defense, which is also inevitable... He will be one of the elite PGs in the NBA.

That is if he doesn't add a single thing other than stamina and defense. That, to me, is utterly amazing and as much as I touted the pick prior to the Cavs making it, I could have never envisioned that he would be this good this soon.

The scary part is, I think we all know he will continue growth in his all-around game, as players don't max out their potential at 19 or 20. So, if he is already good enough to be an elite PG with a little better endurance and better defense, what is he capable of if he improves those areas and grows in all other areas?

A transcendent player. A once-in-a-lifetime player.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RedBlackAttack For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 24,087 Times in 5,329 Posts

I appreciate how Irving has not blown off criticism and realizes the ways in which he can improve. I can't wait to see where he is at the start of next season.

---

"We're not together out there," said Irving, who led the Cavs with 16 points, six rebounds and four assists. "We've got to figure it out one way or another."

"We have to figure out a way to be on the same page for 48 minutes," he said. "We have to start off each game [and play hard] to the end the same way. That's what it comes down to. It's a communication thing. We've just got to get better at it."

"He just has to get through screens," Scott said. "Not at one point [Saturday] in practice did we talk about switching. As I told the guys when we called a timeout, that's the lazy way out and that's not what we do. There are certain situations that we do switch, but that wasn't one of them.

"He knows he has to do a better job of getting over and getting through screens. Our bigs have to do a much better job of showing and helping and then getting back to their bigs. That's just one little part of the things we didn't do well tonight."

Again, Irving did not disagree. Asked about his problems, Irving said, "Part of it was laziness, especially on my end. I couldn't get through their screens at times and there was a lack of communication. What it boils down to was we had nothing offensively for us ... but we also have to get stops."

21. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to wuck For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,490 Times in 476 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pavlovic3Ball View Post
    I think the same, Nike has only been concentrating on 3 folks with their own signature shoes so far - Kobe, LeBron, and Durant. Maybe an MVP-type season with a lot of hype around Kyrie will push Nike to produce one.

Maybe if he gets signed by Jordan Brand (Nike Sub.) I definitely see him getting his own model, not the best looking shoes (except for the ones MJ actually wore) but Jordan Brand puts out GREAT performance pairs.
    Any man who must say, "I am the king" is no true king. - Tywin Lannister

Thanks
    Thanked 1,963 Times in 797 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by guitarlifter View Post
    WHEN he wins MVP, I'm sure he'll get his own shoe. WHEN.
    Nah man, Deron Williams is his ceiling