Page 173 of 726 FirstFirst ... 73123163171172173174175183223273673 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,595 of 10876

Thread: Kyrie Irving

  1. #2581
    ~
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    20,425
    Thanks
    2,806
    Thanked 5,862 Times in 2,489 Posts

    Default Re: Kyrie Irving

    Quote Originally Posted by NewOrlnsDukie View Post
    Anxiously awaiting jonfromva's post so that I can decide if Kyrie had a good game tonight.
    Gotta love Denver's lets stand here and hope he runs in to us defense, but ... here you go:


  2. #2582
    inspired to play ball JAY1977's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    yuma Arizona
    Posts
    849
    Thanks
    705
    Thanked 236 Times in 138 Posts

    Default Re: Kyrie Irving

    Quote Originally Posted by JonFromVA View Post
    Gotta love Denver's lets stand here and hope he runs in to us defense, but ... here you go:

    I sense some sarcasm here Jon

  3. #2583
    Columbus Goat 3 Da Hard Way's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,556
    Thanks
    1,239
    Thanked 4,308 Times in 939 Posts

    Default Re: Kyrie Irving




  4. #2584
    Kouki, Not Cookie. IWantAKouki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Akron, OH
    Posts
    6,283
    Thanks
    4,502
    Thanked 4,142 Times in 1,698 Posts

    Default Re: Kyrie Irving

    It's crazy how he hit the bottom of the rim but still had the english on it for it to go in.
    i like jorts

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to IWantAKouki For This Useful Post:


  6. #2585
    ~
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    20,425
    Thanks
    2,806
    Thanked 5,862 Times in 2,489 Posts

    Default Re: Kyrie Irving

    Quote Originally Posted by JAY1977 View Post
    I sense some sarcasm here Jon
    We all lived through the LeBron years, so we all know there are all types of great performances. A lot of them come against teams which run out of gas or simply don't have a defensive answer to a player, some come against teams that partied too hard the night before or feel like taking the night off, others come against great teams that play great all the way down to the wire.

    Kyrie still had to make it past Affalo and then weave his way through the Nugget's picket fence defense with the game on the line in that 5 mile high atmosphere. Time will tell though, whether Denver's front line were pretending to be statues or if Kyrie turned them in to statues.

  7. #2586
    Bania'd RappSoda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    East Side of CLE
    Posts
    7,281
    Thanks
    3,565
    Thanked 4,293 Times in 1,822 Posts

    Default Re: Kyrie Irving

    Quote Originally Posted by JonFromVA View Post
    We all lived through the LeBron years, so we all know there are all types of great performances. A lot of them come against teams which run out of gas or simply don't have a defensive answer to a player, some come against teams that partied too hard the night before or feel like taking the night off, others come against great teams that play great all the way down to the wire.

    Kyrie still had to make it past Affalo and then weave his way through the Nugget's picket fence defense with the game on the line in that 5 mile high atmosphere. Time will tell though, whether Denver's front line were pretending to be statues or if Kyrie turned them in to statues.
    Isn't time kind of telling now? I mean, it has been a trend for Kyrie to take over in the 4th, so stamina must have something to do it. I just see Kyrie doing this all of the time, by now you'd think that teams would come in prepared to not let him get to the rim, yet he keeps getting to the rim. He gets there whenever he wants.

    Cavaliers | Browns | Indians | Buckeyes | Red Hawks

  8. #2587
    All Star mAo_mAo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Mother Earth
    Posts
    4,087
    Thanks
    1,823
    Thanked 1,798 Times in 775 Posts

    Default Re: Kyrie Irving

    Quote Originally Posted by IWantAKouki View Post
    It's crazy how he hit the bottom of the rim but still had the english on it for it to go in.
    did not notice that at first. Good observation, sir!
    When in doubt, step up the defense

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to mAo_mAo For This Useful Post:


  10. #2588
    Team Player cavsfanclanman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Akron, OH
    Posts
    914
    Thanks
    1,000
    Thanked 710 Times in 217 Posts

    Default Re: Kyrie Irving

    Quote Originally Posted by Rap Soda View Post
    Anybody else just know that was going to happen? Kid is a f***ing stud.

    Kyrie still nowhere to be found on ESPN main page.
    I was thinking the same about ESPN. How was that last play not the top play of the day?

  11. #2589
    Situational Stopper pinoycavsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Perlas ng Silanganan
    Posts
    405
    Thanks
    170
    Thanked 320 Times in 90 Posts

    Default Re: Kyrie Irving

    Quote Originally Posted by cavsfanclanman View Post
    I was thinking the same about ESPN. How was that last play not the top play of the day?
    i think rose' game winner beats out kyrie's shot..

  12. #2590
    Team Player cavsfanclanman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Akron, OH
    Posts
    914
    Thanks
    1,000
    Thanked 710 Times in 217 Posts

    Default Re: Kyrie Irving

    Quote Originally Posted by pinoycavsfan View Post
    i think rose' game winner beats out kyrie's shot..
    Well even with that he didn't sniff the top 5.

  13. #2591
    Best of the Land Rob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    8,174
    Thanks
    2,384
    Thanked 4,194 Times in 1,675 Posts

    Default Re: Kyrie Irving

    Did you guys hear what Skip had to say about Kyrie?

    They were comparing him to Rose..Skip said he'd rather have Kyrie for the future. He also said that Kyrie was the better shooter, passer, and is better at getting to the rim and finishing.

    I was shocked. I'm pretty happy with Kyrie and wouldn't trade him for anyone, but a better finisher than Rose? I can't give Kyrie the nod on passing either.

    Regardless it's way too early in Kyrie's career to really compare these two.

    Just thought what he had to say was very interesting.

  14. #2592
    BARNES BRIGADE $ Donator Pavlovic3Ball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Lakewood
    Posts
    4,044
    Thanks
    3,267
    Thanked 1,964 Times in 1,089 Posts

    Default Re: Kyrie Irving

    That compliment would have so much more satisfying if it came from anyone not named Skip Bayless. You just can't take that guy seriously.

  15. #2593
    **lost this privilege** Donkey Kong Champion Ocean Force Champion Cell Defense Champion Bird Saver Champion Jigsaw: Rocky Waters Champion Brave Old World Champion Jigsaw: Boats And Fire Hydrant Champion Jigsaw: Narrow Street Champion A Miko Tale Marionette: Another Tale Champion Balancing Mathai Champion Jigsaw: Red Toadstool Champion Jigsaw: Wood Formation Champion 4Blocks Champion CircusCircus Champion Jigsaw: Slate Mine Champion Spencer Hawes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    4,020
    Thanks
    2,812
    Thanked 1,649 Times in 688 Posts

    Default Re: Kyrie Irving

    Quote Originally Posted by K2I View Post
    Did you guys hear what Skip had to say about Kyrie?

    They were comparing him to Rose..Skip said he'd rather have Kyrie for the future. He also said that Kyrie was the better shooter, passer, and is better at getting to the rim and finishing.

    I was shocked. I'm pretty happy with Kyrie and wouldn't trade him for anyone, but a better finisher than Rose? I can't give Kyrie the nod on passing either.

    Regardless it's way too early in Kyrie's career to really compare these two.

    Just thought what he had to say was very interesting.
    I think it has to do more with how smooth Kyrie looks when he finishes if that makes sense. I like Rose a lot and he can get to the rim at will but when you compare the two, Kyrie just looks smoother when he penetrates and finishes. Rose is superior athletically and he uses his athleticism to finish at the rim. In way, he looks a little mechanical but he gets the job done. Kyrie doesn't look mechanical at all. The kid is just friggin smooth with the rock.

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spencer Hawes For This Useful Post:


  17. #2594
    Bania'd RappSoda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    East Side of CLE
    Posts
    7,281
    Thanks
    3,565
    Thanked 4,293 Times in 1,822 Posts

    Default Re: Kyrie Irving

    Quote Originally Posted by cavsfanclanman View Post
    I was thinking the same about ESPN. How was that last play not the top play of the day?
    Quote Originally Posted by pinoycavsfan View Post
    i think rose' game winner beats out kyrie's shot..
    Quote Originally Posted by cavsfanclanman View Post
    Well even with that he didn't sniff the top 5.
    I looked at the NBA top 10 and Kyrie was 5. Honestly, the four ahead of him were damn good.

    Cavaliers | Browns | Indians | Buckeyes | Red Hawks

  18. #2595
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Trotwood
    Posts
    538
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 142 Times in 79 Posts

    Default Re: Kyrie Irving

    Quote Originally Posted by Pavlovic3Ball View Post
    That compliment would have so much more satisfying if it came from anyone not named Skip Bayless. You just can't take that guy seriously.
    He says shit just to be "that guy"

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Housh For This Useful Post:


Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •