Page 204 of 726 FirstFirst ... 104154194202203204205206214254304704 ... LastLast
Results 3,046 to 3,060 of 10876

Thread: Kyrie Irving

Thanks
    Thanked 4,392 Times in 1,660 Posts

Default Re: Kyrie Irving

Quote Originally Posted by MoFloDeepintheQ View Post
    I think David Stern wants David Stern & the NBA to do well.

Los Angeles is a huge market with 2 teams and the NBA can capitalize if both are near contention.
    No one in there right mind wants Donald Sterling to do well sorry. It's better to have teams on opposite coasts do well or at least different cities. If you really believe in conspiracies there is simply no way Boston should not have gotten Duncan for example or a team like GSW (huge media market) not won a #1 yet.
    There is a tension, peculiar to basketball, between the interests of the team and the interests of the individual. The game continually tempts the people who play it to do things that are not in the interest of the group.
    Michael Lewis

Thanks
    Thanked 1,619 Times in 519 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by B3team View Post
    What do you guys think about "Mr. Fourth" for Kyrie's nickname? It sums up his killer instinct and also says anti-Lebron.
    Not really.. LeBron was a monster in the 4th quarter here.. we were notorious for our third quarter let downs and his constant heroics in the 4th.. he just sucks in Miami.

Banned
    Thanks

Why didn't he just have Knicks win the Blake Griffin lottery?

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chich292... View Post
    Not really.. LeBron was a monster in the 4th quarter here.. we were notorious for our third quarter let downs and his constant heroics in the 4th.. he just sucks in Miami.
    Aside detroit 2007, that lucky shit vs orlando, he's been lacking in 4th in playoffs too.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to trapalizer For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I know we talk about it all the time, but it still fascinates me how great Kyrie is, and how people outside of Cleveland think his only late-game heroics came against Boston. Amazing, but he won't be our secret for much longer, after he embarrasses their teams in the 4th and they realize what we rave about

Thanks
    Thanked 7,362 Times in 2,180 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pavlovic3Ball View Post
    There are Asians in Houston?
    Yes, and all 250 of them work at NASA.

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Lee For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,807 Times in 2,822 Posts

tempted to start a kyrie vs. lebron thread, i think its legimately time to start comparing the two... Kyrie is having head and shoulders a better rookie season, but do you guys think he'll come anywhere near lebron's stats and added value to a team? I haven't been able to watch many games this year so i can only really go by what you guys are saying and kyries consistent increase in production, but I personally feel like kyrie's upside isnt as large as lebrons (mainly due to steroid use and size; kyrie isnt getting 8 boards a game.) Kyrie obviously doesnt disappear in the 4th quarter and doesnt hinder the team with his style of play/selfishness.
    Things Dave K was right about:

Dion Waiters will be good
    Anthony Bennett will be good
    Mike Brown will be a fucking idiot, again
    The board sucks without DaveK

And thats practically all. Wrong about almost everything else

Banned
    Thanks

Kyrie isn't avging 5 rebounds per game like LeBron did in his rookie season because he's not 6'8, he's 6'3. But he is averaging 3.8 and been averaging about 5 the last 10 games. It is very unlikely that he'll catch up in his stat but 20/5/5 isn't out of reach and that's the first thing people bring up when talking bout lebron's rookie season and how great he was.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by davek905 View Post
    tempted to start a kyrie vs. lebron thread, i think its legimately time to start comparing the two... Kyrie is having head and shoulders a better rookie season, but do you guys think he'll come anywhere near lebron's stats and added value to a team? I haven't been able to watch many games this year so i can only really go by what you guys are saying and kyries consistent increase in production, but I personally feel like kyrie's upside isnt as large as lebrons (mainly due to steroid use and size; kyrie isnt getting 8 boards a game.) Kyrie obviously doesnt disappear in the 4th quarter and doesnt hinder the team with his style of play/selfishness.
    There's one HUGE difference (which you pointed out) and that is size.

Lebron is 6'8" and has a ridiculous build.

Kyrie is only 6'2" (6'3" with shoes?)

Kyrie's skills are something else though. The way he sees the game and is able to read the defense is something special. He clearly was taught how to play the right way (thanks pappa Irving!) and I never feel scared that he'll do something stupid.

LeBron also has skills (duh) but his freak of a body allows him to dominate due to physical advantage most times.

Also, it's comparing a point guard to a small forward (although LeBron liked to pretend to play point).

I just have a hard time really comparing at all.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,955 Times in 2,041 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pavlovic3Ball View Post
    There are Asians in Houston?
    I've heard there's a very large Asian population in Houston.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Czvosec For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks

I've heard there's large asian population in asia.

really though.

let's get the stats already. (best i could find is chinese, but yao is chinese, so)

1 San Francisco California 172,181 21.4
    2 Honolulu Hawaii 38,330 10.2
    3 Oakland California 34,083 8.7
    4 San Jose California 63,434 6.7
    5 New York City New York 486,463 6.0
    6 Plano Texas 13,592 5.2
    7 Sacramento California 20,307 4.4
    8 Seattle Washington 27,216 4.1
    9 Boston Massachusetts 24,910 4.0
    10 San Diego California 35,661 2.7
    11 Philadelphia Pennsylvania 30,069 2.0
    12 Stockton California 5,188 1.8
    13 Los Angeles California 66,782 1.8
    14 Portland Oregon 9,113 1.7
    15 Chicago Illinois 43,228 1.6
    16 Anaheim California 4,738 1.4
    17 Houston Texas 29,429 1.3

18 Austin Texas 8,886 1.2
    19 Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 3,402 1.1
    20 Riverside California 2,985 1.0

that's 17th. ranking # and not % they'd be 10th.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...an_populations

15. The Following User Says Thank You to trapalizer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,807 Times in 2,822 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PosterTime View Post
    There's one HUGE difference (which you pointed out) and that is size.

Lebron is 6'8" and has a ridiculous build.

Kyrie is only 6'2" (6'3" with shoes?)

Kyrie's skills are something else though. The way he sees the game and is able to read the defense is something special. He clearly was taught how to play the right way (thanks pappa Irving!) and I never feel scared that he'll do something stupid.

LeBron also has skills (duh) but his freak of a body allows him to dominate due to physical advantage most times.

Also, it's comparing a point guard to a small forward (although LeBron liked to pretend to play point).

I just have a hard time really comparing at all.
    im not comparing position to position but their overall impact on their teams.. at this point, i still say if youre going to build a team on skill alone, go with lebron because he has a way of taking over a game and dominating... we won what seemed like every single game for a stretch of 2-3 years with him and with no one around him... can kyrie do the same? will he be able to? Is his upside as great?

edit: and for all intents and purposes, lebron played point for us and rebounded like a big, the two aren't that far off other than rebounding
    Things Dave K was right about:

Dion Waiters will be good
    Anthony Bennett will be good
    Mike Brown will be a fucking idiot, again
    The board sucks without DaveK

And thats practically all. Wrong about almost everything else

Banned
    Thanks

im not comparing position to position but their overall impact on their teams.. at this point, i still say if youre going to build a team on skill alone, go with lebron because he has a way of taking over a game and dominating... we won what seemed like every single game for a stretch of 2-3 years with him and with no one around him... can kyrie do the same? will he be able to? Is his upside as great?
    Lol, gtfo, why isn't he winning every single game in Miami with plenty around him then.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,362 Times in 2,180 Posts

Please dont. We are jaded, so it wont be an honest comparison, they play different positions, and really, who gives a fuck about Lebron. He plays for a different team. I cant stand comparisons, bringing him up to bash, thinking about the past.

Why not start a Kevin Mack vs drafting Trent Richardson?

Just saying lets leave the past in the past.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lee For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks

They aren't as different as one might think.