Page 39 of 55 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
    Co-Owner Paddy's Pub Frank Reynolds's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 946 Posts

Default Re: Potential destinations for Ramon Sessions

I'd be all for Derrick Favors or Paul Millsap

Your talking about two high quality players right there.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,014 Times in 918 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Reynolds View Post
    I'd be all for Derrick Favors or Paul Millsap

Your talking about two high quality players right there.
    Utah fans would burn the arena down

Cleveland Cavaliers Fan Phills14's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,546 Times in 1,921 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrie_K2 View Post
    Yeah, I actually saw this article a few hours ago. This guy is insane. Also the part where he said Sessions could shoot gave me a good laugh.
    Yea he lost me when he said Sessions can play D.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,397 Times in 1,661 Posts

Utah doesn't seem realistic. Sessions isn't going to bring us back Milsap or Favors. Plus both there first rounders are currently projected to be lottery picks . Ain't happening
    There is a tension, peculiar to basketball, between the interests of the team and the interests of the individual. The game continually tempts the people who play it to do things that are not in the interest of the group.
    Michael Lewis

Thanks
    Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,472 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CleveRocks View Post
    Since we are completely in the tank at this point, what do you think we could get for Jamison/Sessions if we took Okafors contract from New Orleans.?

I am thinking a First and perhaps Henry or Aminu...
    Not something as valuable as a 1st in 2012 or any future season.

There is a salary floor. Trading Okafor for expirings does not make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Gymbo View Post
    Teams like Utah and New Orleans are worth keeping an eye on because they have two picks. Utah has their own and Golden State's (top seven protected). New Orleans has their own plus Minnesota's (unprotected).

The more I think about it, the more I like Utah as a destination for a trade involving Ramon Sessions. Trading Sessions for Devin Harris and swapping the pick obtained from Sacramento for the pick Utah obtained from Golden State seems realistic. The Cavs have three future second round picks in addition to their own. One could include one of the Orlando 2nd round picks into such a deal.

As far as New Orleans goes, would you potentially trade Varejao for Okafor and the pick from Minnesota via New Orleans? I think I would. But, since Andy is hurt now, it makes that much more difficult.
    That isn't realistic. The Sacramento pick is worthless and the difference between Sessions and Harris is not a lottery pick.

I would do the New Orleans trade but do not believe the same can be said for the front office. Losing a fan favorite (which should be completely irrelevant) who they very likely overvalue and paying a bunch of money is a tough pill to swallow for what will likely be a late lottery pick. As with the above Hornets post, it does not make sense for NO. They too are rebuilding and thus have no use for Varejao. Given the state of their franchise they should take advantage of every possible opportunity to inject cheap youth into their team .

Thanks
    Thanked 1,619 Times in 519 Posts

Yeah Derrick Favors isn't enough for Sessions We want more than the #3 pick in his 2nd year.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JonFromVA View Post
    Perhaps we could try to target Eric Gordon, but as the cornerstone of the CP3 deal, I don't think even though he's going to be a RFA they could just sell him off like that. The league would look like fools. They need to find the team a new owner, and let that owner worry about what to do with Gordon and whether to match any offers he might receive.

I don't see them trading either of their picks, and dumping the Minnesota pick would make them look foolish as well.

But I've also go to wonder whether New Orleans even wants to bother dumping Okafor? If they'd like to invest his salary somewhere else that's one thing, but they do need to meet the minimum payroll requirements.
    Who exactly knows who is in this draft or not? I heard that Robinson was going back to school and Barnes said he would enter the draft ONLY if NC won a Championship. Who knows if MKG, A. Drummond or A. Davis will enter.

NOH are going to have to pay E. Gordon big money which would replace Okafor.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,267 Times in 1,416 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LNance View Post
    Who exactly knows who is in this draft or not? I heard that Robinson was going back to school and Barnes said he would enter the draft ONLY if NC won a Championship. Who knows if MKG, A. Drummond or A. Davis will enter.

NOH are going to have to pay E. Gordon big money which would replace Okafor.
    He said he will for sure enter if they win...he didn't say he won't enter if they don't win it this year

Thanks
    Thanked 5,955 Times in 2,041 Posts

Not a snowball's chance in hell Robinson goes back to school. Not after this season. Bill Self wouldn't let him come back.

Thanks

If I understand the responses I am reading to my suggestion of a NO trade as a destination for Ramon and Antawn, the crux is that NO has to spend the money anyway (90% rule)..So why not Okafor. That is a valid point. It really depends on whether they will try to keep Gordon and build a team around him and what thier strategy for that build would be.
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit - Aristotle as quoted by Shaq..

The Bushido doctrine Homer Safari's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,149 Times in 2,272 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CleveRocks View Post
    If I understand the responses I am reading to my suggestion of a NO trade as a destination for Ramon and Antawn, the crux is that NO has to spend the money anyway (90% rule)..So why not Okafor. That is a valid point. It really depends on whether they will try to keep Gordon and build a team around him and what thier strategy for that build would be.
    the 90% rule isnt in effect yet. The cavs taking on Okafors contract would limit their flexibility and the likelyhood of getting an unprotected pick for a team looking for buyers trading away future assets isnt very likely.

Thanks

Sessions would honestly fit in well down in Orlando. Watching them play the Heat now is painful, I just can't believe how god awful Nelson has become - I'm not buying he's hurt by Dwight's comments anymore, the dude is just worthless now and they need to a better PG. With Sessions ability to get inside and at least hit his big men for assists, he'd actually help the Magic a lot.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,619 Times in 519 Posts

Kupchak: Lakers Probably Done Dealing

Mitch Kupchak said he doesn't anticipate making any more moves this season.

"Of course we'll talk to a lot of teams [about trades], like everybody else does, leading up until the trade deadline to see if there is a way to improve the team," Kupchak said. "But the likelihood is that this is the team that's going to finish into the playoffs. That's just the way it normally works, but we'll see."

While Kobe Bryant has been critical of Kupchak in the past, he offered his support recently.

"The good thing is he trusts the organization, and we'll do everything we can do to get better," Kupchak said. "We'll look to do something big, and we'll look to do something small, or maybe we'll do nothing at all. Sometimes a small deal is all a team needs to get over a hump, so I wouldn't categorize something that we're looking to do as big, small or medium."

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...#ixzz1msdWVGA4

The Original HN3108 bigfoot5415's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,258 Times in 534 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chich292... View Post
    Kupchak: Lakers Probably Done Dealing

Mitch Kupchak said he doesn't anticipate making any more moves this season.

"Of course we'll talk to a lot of teams [about trades], like everybody else does, leading up until the trade deadline to see if there is a way to improve the team," Kupchak said. "But the likelihood is that this is the team that's going to finish into the playoffs. That's just the way it normally works, but we'll see."

While Kobe Bryant has been critical of Kupchak in the past, he offered his support recently.

"The good thing is he trusts the organization, and we'll do everything we can do to get better," Kupchak said. "We'll look to do something big, and we'll look to do something small, or maybe we'll do nothing at all. Sometimes a small deal is all a team needs to get over a hump, so I wouldn't categorize something that we're looking to do as big, small or medium."

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...#ixzz1msdWVGA4
    I still wouldnt rule out Sessions for TPE. They dont have to make any subtractions to improve overall.
    Wiggins Watch 2014

Gold Star Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,882 Times in 984 Posts

Lakers need to go for it now with key players like Kobe and Gasol not getting any younger. Odds are still very strong they do something before the deadline. Don't believe what anyone says in the media prior to the deadline.
    Sessions to the Lakers for either their or the Mavs #1 still makes too much sense for both sides not to get done. That is unless the Lakers can pull off a bigger deal.