Page 40 of 55 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
Results 586 to 600 of 824
  1. #586
    Camp Invitee jmsherman9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    16
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 33 Times in 6 Posts

    Default Re: Potential destinations for Ramon Sessions

    Cavs could trade Sessions and Jamison to the Pacers for Granger and their 1st round pick: http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=6rrqm97

    This allows Paul George to move to the starting lineup and also gives them Jamison coming off the bench to help with scoring. Not to mention it gives the Pacers more depth at PG and provides them with a great deal of cap flexibility for next year.

    The Cavs get to give TT more minutes plus get a starting caliber SF for Kyrie to grow with. And of course we get an extra first round draft pick.

    Not sure Indiana would trade Granger though...

  2. #587
    The Original HN3108 bigfoot5415's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Cleveland
    Posts
    2,400
    Thanks
    376
    Thanked 1,238 Times in 530 Posts

    Default Re: Potential destinations for Ramon Sessions

    Quote Originally Posted by jmsherman9 View Post
    Cavs could trade Sessions and Jamison to the Pacers for Granger and their 1st round pick: http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=6rrqm97

    This allows Paul George to move to the starting lineup and also gives them Jamison coming off the bench to help with scoring. Not to mention it gives the Pacers more depth at PG and provides them with a great deal of cap flexibility for next year.

    The Cavs get to give TT more minutes plus get a starting caliber SF for Kyrie to grow with. And of course we get an extra first round draft pick.

    Not sure Indiana would trade Granger though...
    Not sure if theyd be willing to give up Granger. Although he may be overpaid, hes their franchise player.

    This is the trade ive been preaching the whole time. We get back the Dallas and the Indy pick.

    Wiggins Watch 2014

  3. #588
    Reading and reacting Chocomatch Champion Adam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sunny Bognor Regis, Great Britain
    Posts
    4,499
    Thanks
    2,025
    Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,065 Posts

    Default Re: Potential destinations for Ramon Sessions

    General NBA rule: if a GM says we are done dealing; they mean the opposite
    'The truth is in the middle' apparently

  4. #589
    Team Player UDcleveland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,441
    Thanks
    144
    Thanked 1,418 Times in 459 Posts

    Default Re: Potential destinations for Ramon Sessions

    Quote Originally Posted by jmsherman9 View Post
    Cavs could trade Sessions and Jamison to the Pacers for Granger and their 1st round pick: http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=6rrqm97

    This allows Paul George to move to the starting lineup and also gives them Jamison coming off the bench to help with scoring. Not to mention it gives the Pacers more depth at PG and provides them with a great deal of cap flexibility for next year.

    The Cavs get to give TT more minutes plus get a starting caliber SF for Kyrie to grow with. And of course we get an extra first round draft pick.

    Not sure Indiana would trade Granger though...
    I need to take a break from the trade board.

  5. #590
    Mmhmm. AMC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Always Online
    Posts
    4,364
    Thanks
    2,629
    Thanked 3,238 Times in 775 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chich292... View Post
    Kupchak: Lakers Probably Done Dealing

    Mitch Kupchak said he doesn't anticipate making any more moves this season.

    "Of course we'll talk to a lot of teams [about trades], like everybody else does, leading up until the trade deadline to see if there is a way to improve the team," Kupchak said. "But the likelihood is that this is the team that's going to finish into the playoffs. That's just the way it normally works, but we'll see."

    While Kobe Bryant has been critical of Kupchak in the past, he offered his support recently.

    "The good thing is he trusts the organization, and we'll do everything we can do to get better," Kupchak said. "We'll look to do something big, and we'll look to do something small, or maybe we'll do nothing at all. Sometimes a small deal is all a team needs to get over a hump, so I wouldn't categorize something that we're looking to do as big, small or medium."



    Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...#ixzz1msdWVGA4
    This has smokescreen written all over it.

    And Kupchak is the master of smokescreens.

  6. #591
    Hustling on the inside wuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Richfield Coliseum
    Posts
    14,830
    Thanks
    11,041
    Thanked 23,763 Times in 5,268 Posts

    Default Re: Potential destinations for Ramon Sessions

    Not new, but part of a large Broussard article on Laker trade stuff:

    ----
    Of course, the Lakers need a point guard even more than a small forward. While they worked out Gilbert Arenas last week, they have not come to a decision on him. They want to see if they can get another point guard, such as Cleveland's Ramon Sessions, before making a play for Arenas. There's a good chance they can get Sessions for a first-round draft pick before the deadline, sources say. If they don't get Sessions or someone else, they may bring Arenas aboard.

    http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...s-like-beasley

  7. #592
    Rising Star jlegg21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,855
    Thanks
    1,475
    Thanked 1,333 Times in 503 Posts

    Default Re: Potential destinations for Ramon Sessions

    Quote Originally Posted by wuck View Post
    Not new, but part of a large Broussard article on Laker trade stuff:

    ----
    Of course, the Lakers need a point guard even more than a small forward. While they worked out Gilbert Arenas last week, they have not come to a decision on him. They want to see if they can get another point guard, such as Cleveland's Ramon Sessions, before making a play for Arenas. There's a good chance they can get Sessions for a first-round draft pick before the deadline, sources say. If they don't get Sessions or someone else, they may bring Arenas aboard.

    http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...s-like-beasley
    Still the most likely deal the Cavs make, and if the Lakers get dusted again in the playoffs like they did by the Mavs last year, it could end up being a slightly higher Laker 1st than we're accustomed to seeing most years.

  8. #593
    Administrator MoFlo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio, United States
    Posts
    11,232
    Thanks
    11,089
    Thanked 16,000 Times in 3,890 Posts

    Default Re: Potential destinations for Ramon Sessions

    Quote Originally Posted by jlegg21 View Post
    Still the most likely deal the Cavs make, and if the Lakers get dusted again in the playoffs like they did by the Mavs last year, it could end up being a slightly higher Laker 1st than we're accustomed to seeing most years.
    Not really. Unlike the NFL, the NBA draft order (after the lottery) is determined by regular season record, and the playoffs have no bearing on that order.

  9. #594
    The Original HN3108 bigfoot5415's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Cleveland
    Posts
    2,400
    Thanks
    376
    Thanked 1,238 Times in 530 Posts

    Default Re: Potential destinations for Ramon Sessions

    This deal just needs to get done. Sessions for a first. They get better at no cost. We get another asset that can help position us to grab the guy we want.
    Wiggins Watch 2014

  10. #595
    All Star BimboColesHair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    3,636
    Thanks
    26
    Thanked 5,267 Times in 1,416 Posts

    Default Re: Potential destinations for Ramon Sessions

    Sam Amico
    @SamAmicoFSO

    Lakers likely to "accelerate" their pursuit of Cavs PG Ramon Sessions over the All-Star break, says Western Conference source.
    .

  11. #596
    Believeland DraftPick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    1,492
    Thanks
    987
    Thanked 1,224 Times in 353 Posts

    Default Re: Potential destinations for Ramon Sessions

    I'd like to try and get both the first rounders they have, and maybe throw back NO's second. But if anything we better get whichever is the more favorable pick between theirs and Dallas

  12. #597
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,028
    Thanks
    1,230
    Thanked 776 Times in 337 Posts

    Default

    Semi-related question. If, or when Sessions is traded who backs up the pg spot?

    Please dont say Manny Harris or Boobie. They are 2's.

    Does anyone feel like we could invite Ben Uzoh back for 10-15 minutes a night? Is there a deadline on signing players to 10 day contracts or for the rest of the season?

    What are some other options?

  13. #598
    Hustling on the inside wuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Richfield Coliseum
    Posts
    14,830
    Thanks
    11,041
    Thanked 23,763 Times in 5,268 Posts

    Default Re: Potential destinations for Ramon Sessions

    According to Larry Coon on the old CBA: "A team may sign a player to two 10-day contracts in one season (they may or may not be consecutive). After the second 10-day contract, the team can only retain the player by signing him for the remainder of the season".

    We've already past the date after which teams can begin to offer ten-day contracts, and I don't think there's an end-date. Just depends if a team has roster spots or has chosen to extend one of these players.

    So, yes Uzoh could be signed for another 10-days, and then the Cavs would have to decide on whether to keep him for the whole season if they wanted him for longer.

  14. #599
    Resident Microbiologist Dr. Gymbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Stow, OH
    Posts
    2,944
    Thanks
    2,479
    Thanked 2,725 Times in 786 Posts

    Default Re: Potential destinations for Ramon Sessions

    Quote Originally Posted by DraftPick View Post
    I'd like to try and get both the first rounders they have, and maybe throw back NO's second. But if anything we better get whichever is the more favorable pick between theirs and Dallas
    I could see the Lakers trying to hold onto one of their first round picks if they are also looking to make the deal for Michael Beasley. I think if you are trying to get both from LAL, I think you're gonna have to take 2 of the following 3 players back: Artest, Blake, and Walton. The Lakers are currently paying $17.5M in tax. Would they give up an additional first round pick if it mean shedding $5-6M (which really counts as $10-12M due to the tax)?

    I'd consider Sessions and the Cleveland 2nd round pick for Blake, Walton, and both the Dallas and Lakers first rounder. I'd even be okay with the Lakers lottery protecting it. Because the Cavs have the cap space they can do things like that. It is going to depend on what the Cavs are looking to do in free agency.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSurge View Post
    To be fair, "Heat Reporters" have only been on the job a few years.

    Probably got on 2K and put in work.

  15. #600
    Rising Star MRMsix6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,294
    Thanks
    1,078
    Thanked 5,462 Times in 1,279 Posts

    Default Re: Potential destinations for Ramon Sessions

    Quote Originally Posted by Gymbo View Post
    I could see the Lakers trying to hold onto one of their first round picks if they are also looking to make the deal for Michael Beasley. I think if you are trying to get both from LAL, I think you're gonna have to take 2 of the following 3 players back: Artest, Blake, and Walton. The Lakers are currently paying $17.5M in tax. Would they give up an additional first round pick if it mean shedding $5-6M (which really counts as $10-12M due to the tax)?

    I'd consider Sessions and the Cleveland 2nd round pick for Blake, Walton, and both the Dallas and Lakers first rounder. I'd even be okay with the Lakers lottery protecting it. Because the Cavs have the cap space they can do things like that. It is going to depend on what the Cavs are looking to do in free agency.
    Taking on 2 of those contracts (Blake, Walton) to add a mid 20s pick is reeeeaaaally expensive. Walton is making ~$9mil over the rest of this year and next season, and he's absolutely worthless. Blake is making $12 over 3 years and could be a passable backup, but that's a hefty price to pay for a very mediocre pick. Probably not worth it from a financial standpoint.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •