Page 42 of 55 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,956 Times in 2,041 Posts

Default Re: Potential destinations for Ramon Sessions

Quote Originally Posted by MoFloDeepintheQ View Post
    (Unless they throw in a 1st or sweeten the deal in some other way)

We're not competing for anything, so it really doesn't matter at this point. We can deal with Boobie for the rest of the season and worry more about it in the off-season.
    To piggyback off MoFlo's point, who cares who the backup PG is for the rest of the season? Wins and losses this year are irrelevant.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Czvosec For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Czvosec View Post
    To piggyback off MoFlo's point, who cares who the backup PG is for the rest of the season? Wins and losses this year are irrelevant.
    This where I can somewhat agree with the tankers, wins and losses this year are irrelevant. I guess that's what makes it seem fun for me this year, being in a win-win scenario is kind of a nice relief...

Thanks

Players like Marvin Williams are what we need to take some chances on in my opinion.
    He is still only 25 years old. A change of scenery may do him some good. Play with a PG that would get him involved. Better coaching, better offense, etc.

He is a good defender.
    His PER is at its highest its ever been with a very low USG rate.
    He is shooting 44% on threes this year, which is a career high and may not be sustainable. If you combine last year and this year for a bigger sample size he is at 38% on threes.
    Per 36 minutes he is averaging 14.3 points, 8 boards, 1.8 assists and almost 1 steal. So he is a pretty good rebounder for his position as well (and those numbers look so much better than what Casspi is giving us).

I think he just went to a bad spot. The Hawks have played ISO Joe for years. With a better coach and a PG who would get him good looks I think Marvin still has some upside that has yet to be tapped.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AvonCavsFan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,323 Times in 536 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AvonCavsFan View Post
    Players like Marvin Williams are what we need to take some chances on in my opinion.
    He is still only 25 years old. A change of scenery may do him some good. Play with a PG that would get him involved. Better coaching, better offense, etc.

He is a good defender.
    His PER is at its highest its ever been with a very low USG rate.
    He is shooting 44% on threes this year, which is a career high and may not be sustainable. If you combine last year and this year for a bigger sample size he is at 38% on threes.
    Per 36 minutes he is averaging 14.3 points, 8 boards, 1.8 assists and almost 1 steal. So he is a pretty good rebounder for his position as well (and those numbers look so much better than what Casspi is giving us).

I think he just went to a bad spot. The Hawks have played ISO Joe for years. With a better coach and a PG who would get him good looks I think Marvin still has some upside that has yet to be tapped.
    Is it just me, or is there a similarity between old NC Marvin and new NC Barnes? Or drive game. Shooting off the wall. Hmmm .
    (Reserved for future Animated Signature-that-won't-slow-you-down)

Magic Number Thread:
    http://realcavsfans.com/showthread.p...in-May-2011...

The latest updates are noted within the context.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to rabman_gold For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,333 Times in 503 Posts

I'd do a pick and Sessions (and fly Hollins there personally) for Marvin and a 1st right fucking now. Are you guys kidding with this stuff? Other than Gee, we have ZERO wing players, esp at the 3. Sessions is as good as gone, and you can turn him into a young wing and possibly a 1st? That's called a no-brainer...

Thanks
    Thanked 16,688 Times in 3,924 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jlegg21 View Post
    I'd do a pick and Sessions (and fly Hollins there personally) for Marvin and a 1st right fucking now. Are you guys kidding with this stuff? Other than Gee, we have ZERO wing players, esp at the 3. Sessions is as good as gone, and you can turn him into a young wing and possibly a 1st? That's called a no-brainer...
    If the 1st is included, I do it. If not, forget it.

If Marvin Williams is the wing we're counting on for the future, we're in trouble. If he's not, then there's no point in the trade unless it involves a 1st.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MoFlo For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Answer me this: how much better than Omri is Marvin?
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit - Aristotle as quoted by Shaq..

Thanks
    Thanked 1,966 Times in 797 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CleveRocks View Post
    Answer me this: how much better than Omri is Marvin?
    I'm guessing that was rhetorical, but I'm answering that anyways. Potentially he is a lot better. Worst case scenario he is slightly better. No way in hell he's worse.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,912 Times in 2,084 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RTrees View Post
    Semi-related question. If, or when Sessions is traded who backs up the pg spot?

Please dont say Manny Harris or Boobie. They are 2's.

Does anyone feel like we could invite Ben Uzoh back for 10-15 minutes a night? Is there a deadline on signing players to 10 day contracts or for the rest of the season?

What are some other options?
    It doesn't matter. Kyrie played 39 minutes last night, which means that the back-up PG would play a whopping 12 minutes, on average, per night. Uzoh is along the right line of thinking.

Cavaliers | Browns | Indians | Buckeyes | Red Hawks

Thanks
    Thanked 16,688 Times in 3,924 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrie_K2 View Post
    I'm guessing that was rhetorical, but I'm answering that anyways. Potentially he is a lot better. Worst case scenario he is slightly better. No way in hell he's worse.
    He's 25 years old and in his 7th year in the league. At some point, you have to let go of the fact that he has all this potential. He pretty much is what he is at this point in his career.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MoFlo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,966 Times in 797 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MoFloDeepintheQ View Post
    He's 25 years old and in his 7th year in the league. At some point, you have to let go of the fact that he has all this potential. He pretty much is what he is at this point in his career.
    Yeah that's a valid point. I still take him over Omri!

Banned
    Thanks

Default In case you missed it:

Sam Amico:
    In case you missed it ... Lakers likely to "accelerate" pursuit of Cavs' Ramon Sessions over All-Star break, says Western Conference source.
    Twitter

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rysen For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks

Sam Amico:
    In case you missed it ... Lakers likely to "accelerate" pursuit of Cavs' Ramon Sessions over All-Star break, says Western Conference source.
    Twitter

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Czvosec View Post
    Well in the process of building a championship team you might not want to waste opportunities, even if it's 10 minutes a night, to evaluate or develop players who may be able to help the team long term. I'm not saying Uzoh is that guy but why stop the search for a quality backup guard? Who backs up Kyrie DOES matter, to an extent for the well being and development and identity of the team.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,326 Times in 546 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RTrees View Post
    Well in the process of building a championship team you might not want to waste opportunities, even if it's 10 minutes a night, to evaluate or develop players who may be able to help the team long term. I'm not saying Uzoh is that guy but why stop the search for a quality backup guard? Who backs up Kyrie DOES matter, to an extent for the well being and development and identity of the team.
    One other thing to keep in mind. When Kyrie's on the floor he's not always playing PG. Because of his size, shooting ability, and the system Scott runs, we'll see Kyrie play SG at different points in games as long as Scott is the coach. In other words, you don't have to account for 10 minutes a game for a back-up, but at least 14-18 min or more depending on the lineups and match-ups in any given game. Everyone should know by know that Scott likes to play multiple PG's at the same time and usually carries three on the roster. He's done it his entire coaching career.