Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,476 Times in 881 Posts

Default Re: The Official Mock Drafts Thread (SI has us trading up, but see what we give)

I wanted to punch a puppy when I heard them saying this.

Our only other competition to trade up to #2 is Miami and Washington. They'd offer their first and second this year, and first next year. WE CAN FUCKING BEAT THAT BY OFFERING THE SAME PICKS (1,2,1). INCLUDING THE OTHER 1ST ROUNDER THIS YEAR IS NOT NECESSARY!!!!!!!!! USE YOUR FUCKING HEADS YOU MORONS!!!!!!!
    The Wine and Gold Knight Rises

Thanks
    Thanked 1,578 Times in 657 Posts

Default Re: The Official Mock Drafts Thread (SI has us trading up, but see what we give)

I would rather Heckert call bullshit and get burned than give up that much to move up 1 or 2 spots for the second best Qb, that has question-marks.
    Klaatu Barada Nikto

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sly For This Useful Post:

Game Changer
    Thanks

This is exactly what I didn't want to hear. I don't want to sell the farm, but if H&H really think he's the guy I guess I'll bite. I feel like we could get more depth, but I guess it would make last years trade a wash. I will be seriously pissed if we give up anything more than 4 and 22.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,964 Times in 525 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by col63onel View Post
    I wanted to punch a puppy when I heard them saying this.

Our only other competition to trade up to #2 is Miami and Washington. They'd offer their first and second this year, and first next year. WE CAN FUCKING BEAT THAT BY OFFERING THE SAME PICKS (1,2,1). INCLUDING THE OTHER 1ST ROUNDER THIS YEAR IS NOT NECESSARY!!!!!!!!! USE YOUR FUCKING HEADS YOU MORONS!!!!!!!
    maybe people would rather trade the 2nd first round pick (the one we got from Atlanta) than our 2013 first round pick? chances are that we won't be among the 10 best teams next year even if Griffin is our QB and has a monster year...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to *L-Train* For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 23,866 Times in 3,839 Posts

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Maximus For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,476 Times in 881 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by *L-Train* View Post
    maybe people would rather trade the 2nd first round pick (the one we got from Atlanta) than our 2013 first round pick? chances are that we won't be among the 10 best teams next year even if Griffin is our QB and has a monster year...
    The we trade the #4 and our 1st second rounder. That would still trump anything Washington or Miami could do this year.

The point is, take any trade with the 22 pick and substitute the 36 pick in for it.
    The Wine and Gold Knight Rises

Thanks
    Thanked 1,793 Times in 812 Posts

its been said but i would much rather give up 3 firsts (both of this years picks plus next years) for luck, than give up anywhere close to this for griffin. ill give you this years 2nd, and a mid round pick next year to drop from 2 to 4, but nothing close to what this is calling for.

ive said this about the vikings pick and ill say it about the rams pick. you know who has the most leverage in these negotiations, the browns. the browns know that the rams and vikings dont want to drop back to 6 with the redskins because they most likely will give up the player they really want(claiborne, kahil, blackmon). Plus the browns also know unless the rams or vikings trade the browns will end up with griffin. so remind me again why the browns want to give up so much for a player they can most likely sit at 4 and still get?

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bob2the2nd For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,754 Times in 1,026 Posts

If everyone in the FO decides that RGIII is a legit franchise QB, then you pull that trade no questions asked. If there's even a bit of doubt amongst Shurmur, Holmgren, Heckert, and possibly our OC and QB coach as well, then you don't make that trade. 2 firsts and a second is a small price to pay for a franchise guy, specially with the emphasis on QB play in today's league.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to howler1313 For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks

Walter Football just updated their mock draft here's our projected picks

http://walterfootball.com/draft2012.php

Cleveland Browns: Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma State
    If Robert Griffin somehow falls to No. 4, this will be a no-brainer. Colt McCoy is a lost cause, so the Brows will select Griffin as their new franchise quarterback. Is Young Griff the prototypical West Coast quarterback? No, but neither was Donovan McNabb, and Andy Reid, Mike Holmgren's pupil, selected him back in 1999.

However, if the Browns aren't lucky enough to land Griffin, they'll probably go with Justin Blackmon. They have such a stagnant offense with no vertical threat, and Blackmon would easily change that. I have to believe that teams will love that he performed so well in his postseason exhibition game despite playing with a leg injury.

Pick change; previously Robert Griffin, QB
    Cleveland Browns: Ryan Tannehill, QB, Texas A&M
    If the Browns are unfortunate to miss out on Robert Griffin, they'll have to acquire a quarterback elsewhere because it's clear that Colt McCoy is not the answer.

Ryan Tannehill at No. 22 makes a ton of sense. Quarterbacks tend to rise on Draft Day, so he could conceivably go much higher than this.

Pick change; previously Kendall Wright, WR
    Cleveland Browns: Chase Minnifield, CB/KR, Virginia
    It's safe to say that Cleveland fans would love this pick, as Chase Minnifield's father, Frank, was a four-time Pro Bowler for the team in the 80s.

The Browns spent a mid-round pick on Buster Skrine, but he didn't play much as a rookie. With Sheldon Brown turning 33 soon, they'll need another talented cornerback to compete for the starting job across from Joe Haden. You can never have enough talented defensive backs in the NFL.
    Cleveland Browns: Cam Johnson, DE, Virginia
    Jabaal Sheard has enjoyed a solid rookie year, but he's the only Cleveland defensive lineman consistently getting to the quarterback. Jayme Mitchell, playing on the other side, has been a big disappointment for the Browns in 2011.
    Cleveland Browns: Levy Adcock, OT, Oklahoma State
    The Browns have major holes at left guard and right tackle. This is their chance to shore up the latter, so their new quarterback isn't running for his life on every down next year.
    Cleveland Browns: Isaiah Pead, RB, Cincinnati
    There's a lot of uncertainty in Cleveland's running back corps. Montario Hardesty can't stay healthy. Peyton Hillis probably won't be back. Chris Ogbonnaya is a practice squad-caliber player. The Browns may use a mid-round pick on some help.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bigjmac0815 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,793 Times in 812 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by howler1313 View Post
    If everyone in the FO decides that RGIII is a legit franchise QB, then you pull that trade no questions asked. If there's even a bit of doubt amongst Shurmur, Holmgren, Heckert, and possibly our OC and QB coach as well, then you don't make that trade. 2 firsts and a second is a small price to pay for a franchise guy, specially with the emphasis on QB play in today's league.
    normally i would agree about the price, hell even do with luck. however you are leaving out 2 very important pieces to the puzzle, the first is griffin has a high percentage chance of being there anyway (no team currently slotted before the browns is going to take him leaving only a trade), plus you are giving up a first and a second round pick to move up 2 spots. a 2nd in this years draft should be enough to convince one of these teams to move down.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,754 Times in 1,026 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bob2the2nd View Post
    normally i would agree about the price, hell even do with luck. however you are leaving out 2 very important pieces to the puzzle, the first is griffin has a high percentage chance of being there anyway (no team currently slotted before the browns is going to take him leaving only a trade), plus you are giving up a first and a second round pick to move up 2 spots. a 2nd in this years draft should be enough to convince one of these teams to move down.
    Yeah, I made that comment with the assumption that it's what it would take to get RGIII. Still, there's always a premium paid for QB's and we may need to offer up that much to get him.

Thanks

I agree with the folks that if we do end up trading up, we better trade up for Luck.

Its supposed to hurt RealKingofCleve's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,220 Times in 658 Posts

Tannehill sucks. And the fact that he won't play in the Senior bowl just shows he doesn't have confidence in his game. I will shoot myself if the Browns spend a first or even a second on him.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RealKingofCleve View Post
    Tannehill sucks. And the fact that he won't play in the Senior bowl just shows he doesn't have confidence in his game. I will shoot myself if the Browns spend a first or even a second on him.
    I'm not disagreeing with you about Tannehill. I don't think he will be that good. It is being reported Tannehill injured his foot in training and is being kept out as a precaution. I don't think this will kill his draft stock much, but if he starts to miss the combine and pro days then that will have a bigger effect.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,995 Times in 1,618 Posts

If RG3 turns into a perennial Pro Bowl QB then he's worth the trade up. If he busts were screwed and we end up with another regime change and have to start all over again.

This is the type of move that either turns out great and makes you a contender or gets your GM fired.