Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,082 Times in 1,151 Posts

Default Re: The Official Mock Drafts Thread (SI has us trading up, but see what we give)

They said Mitchell was a disappointment but who the hell expected him to be anything other than serviceable. Sorry bout the grammar and such in on an iPhone.
    OU... OH YEAH!!!!

9/13
    Quote Originally Posted by Pip
    Sanchize and the boys start their reign of dominance tonight...
    Someone has a CHIP on his shoulder (you know who you are)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,415 Times in 1,896 Posts

Default Re: The Official Mock Drafts Thread (SI has us trading up, but see what we give)

I'm probably the biggest RG3 homer on here and I want no part of that trade.

RG3 IF he is there. The only player I trade up for is Luck. Period.

Rising out of the ashes

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Amherstcavsfan For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Optomist View Post
    They said Mitchell was a disappointment but who the hell expected him to be anything other than serviceable. Sorry bout the grammar and such in on an iPhone.
    You would've been 99% there if you didn't apologize for using an iPhone.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,063 Times in 532 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Amherstcavsfan View Post
    I'm probably the biggest RG3 homer on here and I want no part of that trade.

RG3 IF he is there. The only player I trade up for is Luck. Period.
    We have the ammo to do it... Indy gets this years 1st both, and next years and a second and maybe a 3rd. Do you risk all that on luck though?
    #WeAllFromCleveland

Rising Star
    Thanks

I don't get the Luck hype. He still has flaws in his game and is not worth 3 firsts, No player is in the draft. That trade for RG3 is what you trade if you can get a franchise QB. While trading the second first this year sucks I don't want to go into a draft with no first rounders (aka trading next year's first).

Also if you build the team and wait till next year for the QB then we are a 6 win team max. (Possibly 4 if we go the whole season with Colt).

Thanks
    Thanked 2,145 Times in 705 Posts

I wouldn't do that trade for RGIII, but I'd damn sure sell the farm for Luck. If the Colts wanted three first round picks for him, I wouldn't even think twice.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,928 Times in 905 Posts

I don't buy all of the talk that Luck is the only player worth trading for in this draft. Yes, he is a rare talent and the best QB prospect in over a decade. But the fact of the matter remains, there haven't been many better than RGIII, either. He is certainly worth the trade and what it would take to get him.

I'm not arguing for trading three first-rounders for him, but I'd undoubtedly trade both firsts this year.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Binkster For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,175 Times in 1,030 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bbaes View Post
    I don't buy all of the talk that Luck is the only player worth trading for in this draft. Yes, he is a rare talent and the best QB prospect in over a decade. But the fact of the matter remains, there haven't been many better than RGIII, either. He is certainly worth the trade and what it would take to get him.
    I completely disagree with you. Luck is the only one I trade up for unless the cost of trading up is inconsequential. The trade that SI suggests is ridiculous. If RGIII is there at 4, and they feel he is the franchise QB that will lead them to a SB, then you take him. Otherwise, I want them to trade down. Period.

Thanks

What we do trading up and down I believe will depend on free agency. As it stands and we don't sign anyone, I do not want to trade up. There are plenty of needs and with two first rounders we have a chance to land two very good ones.

Thanks

i'd rather pay flynn 10 mil a year than trade up

Thanks
    Thanked 1,314 Times in 543 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bob2the2nd View Post
    its been said but i would much rather give up 3 firsts (both of this years picks plus next years) for luck, than give up anywhere close to this for griffin. ill give you this years 2nd, and a mid round pick next year to drop from 2 to 4, but nothing close to what this is calling for.

ive said this about the vikings pick and ill say it about the rams pick. you know who has the most leverage in these negotiations, the browns. the browns know that the rams and vikings dont want to drop back to 6 with the redskins because they most likely will give up the player they really want(claiborne, kahil, blackmon). Plus the browns also know unless the rams or vikings trade the browns will end up with griffin. so remind me again why the browns want to give up so much for a player they can most likely sit at 4 and still get?
    I agree 100% with this. The Browns are in a great position in this situation and should simply sit back and let the draft come to them. There are far too many holes on this team to give up that much for one guy, unless of course the FO knows Griffin is THE franchise QB. I really like RGIII, but that's a hefty price to pay.

Let's assume that Luck goes #1 (foregone conclusion). If St. Louis and Minny stand pat, then most like Blackmon and Kalil are gone by #4, meaning the Browns can get RGIII without giving up anything. If Mia or Wash trade up with STL, then Blackmon will likely fall into the Browns lap. I'd rather the Browns keep all their picks and let the draft play out. There's a very good chance that nothing happens in the top 4 and RGIII is there for the taking.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,314 Times in 543 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ruken View Post
    What we do trading up and down I believe will depend on free agency. As it stands and we don't sign anyone, I do not want to trade up. There are plenty of needs and with two first rounders we have a chance to land two very good ones.
    Exactly. The FO of H&H has had great success hitting on high picks in their first two years together (Haden, Taylor, Sheard, Ward, Little). Obviously the Hardesty pick isn't looking too great at the moment, but if you can hit on 5 of 6 1st & 2nd rounders over the course of two years, you're certainly doing something right. I'd much rather see what Heckert can do with #4, #22, and #37 rather than trade all those picks for a QB. The Browns have so many needs at other positions to give up that much for one guy, unless you're absolutely sure he is the man for the next 10 years.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,913 Times in 1,089 Posts

I want RG3 badly, but trading up when we have an opportunity to get several playmakers may cripple the franchise. I'm torn.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,735 Times in 1,302 Posts

The Sporting News just put out a mock that looks a lot better for Cleveland.

====

NFL mock draft: Colts lock in on Luck; Browns turn to Heisman winner Griffin

1. Indianapolis Colts: Andrew Luck*, QB, Stanford. There is little doubt the Colts will select Luck to be their future quarterback now that executives Bill and Chris Polian are no longer with the team. Sources said that when the Polians were still around, the Colts were looking closely at other quarterbacks with idea of trading the No. 1 pick.

2. St. Louis Rams: Matt Kalil*, OT, Southern Cal. Sam Bradford had a disappointing 2011 season. A big reason was the poor play of St. Louis' offensive line. Tackles Rodger Saffold and Jason Smith did not play well. Kalil should be able to take over at left tackle as a rookie and shore up the pass protection.

3. Minnesota Vikings: Justin Blackmon*, WR, Oklahoma State. QB Christian Ponder needs more weapons, and as Blackmon showed against Stanford in the Fiesta Bowl, he has the tools to be a dynamic, playmaking receiver immediately.

4. Cleveland Browns: Robert Griffin III*, QB, Baylor. Yes, the Browns have a ton of needs, but if they don't address their quarterback issues, they will continue to lose. Griffin can be the solution; he has a rare combination of athleticism, arm strength, deep passing ability and character.

5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Riley Reiff*, OT, Iowa. The Bucs have drafted a number of defensive linemen in recent years, but now their offensive line needs help, especially at tackle. Reiff may not be a finished product, but he is athletic, smart and highly competitive, and he should be able to start at left tackle as a rookie.

6. Washington Redskins: Michael Floyd, WR, Notre Dame. Washington wants a quarterback, but with Griffin gone they'll take the playmaker they feel their offense needs. Floyd has great size (6-3, 230 pounds) and excellent hands.

7. Jacksonville Jaguars: Dre Kirkpatrick*, CB, Alabama. The Jags' best cornerback, Rashean Mathis, had a bad 2011 and is over 30, so expect GM Gene Smith to grab the 6-3 Kirkpatrick to help shore up the secondary.

8. (Tie) Miami Dolphins: Ryan Tannehill, QB, Texas A&M. Despite rumors that Tannehill suffered a foot injury, the Dolphins are desperate enough for a quarterback that they'll gamble and grab Tannehill here. \

8. (Tie) Carolina Panthers: Morris Claiborne*, CB, LSU. The Panthers' defense was terrible in 2011. Claiborne, with his big-play ability, would provide an immediate upgrade at corner. (Note: The eighth pick will be decided by a coin flip at a later date.)

10. Buffalo Bills: Jonathan Martin*, OT, Stanford. Proof that stats lie: The Bills allowed 29 sacks in 2011, tied for third-fewest in the NFL, but sources in Buffalo say the team's tackles "are a major concern." Martin is an elite athlete with the talent to be a top tackle. He would be an immediate upgrade on the left side.

22. Cleveland Browns (From Atlanta Falcons): Alshon Jeffery*, WR, South Carolina. After getting their quarterback of the future with their first pick, the Browns can take the 6-4, 230-pound Jeffery here. They couldpair him with Greg Little and give Griffin two big receiving targets.

Confused Spouse/Parent DawgOnKing's Avatar
    Thanks

Please God no. That's horrendous. Never happen. I hope. (in ref to OP)

I like the above....
    RCF Member #36
    (GIANT PILOTS) ATLAS AIR B747 - Anchorage
    Ruby on Rails DEV