Page 41 of 162 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,748 Times in 1,042 Posts

Default Re: Anderson Varejao is our untouchable

Harden would be amazing, but it is not going to happen folks. Not unless we give them our pick too lol.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,203 Times in 1,408 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mdog1 View Post
    Harden would be amazing, but it is not going to happen folks. Not unless we give them our pick too lol.
    I would seriously consider it if its top-3 protected. Really, only Anthony Davis is the player I would not want to miss out for Harden in this draft. The others look darn good, but I doubt any of them will end up significantly better. Not that big of a fan of Drummond. Big men are impossible to really gauge these days. Even if he's that good, you don't know if he'll stay healthy(Greg Oden).

Thunder still wouldn't do that deal.
    If I sound ignorant, don't blame me. I post on realcavsfans.com

Thanks
    Thanked 1,748 Times in 1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by godfather View Post
    I would seriously consider it if its top-3 protected. Really, only Anthony Davis is the player I would not want to miss out for Harden in this draft. The others look darn good, but I doubt any of them will end up significantly better. Not that big of a fan of Drummond. Big men are impossible to really gauge these days. Even if he's that good, you don't know if he'll stay healthy(Greg Oden).

Thunder still wouldn't do that deal.
    Top 3 protected would be an amazing deal, especially if we got a top three pick lol. Luck like that would make us contenders.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,333 Times in 503 Posts

Funny people pointing out they would have traded Andy last year, and I agree. His value is already starting to trend south, and will only continue to do so from here on out. That's not claiming to be psychic, that's reality.

Now, if you believe he's still on his way up, and next season you expect to see an automatic 15 foot jumper, 18-12 a night, and 40 mins a night for 75-80 games, you should quit puffin and start passin...

If we can land a youngster like Derrick Favors or Evan Turner, or a slightly lesser player like OJ Mayo and a pick? You pull that trigger and dont look back.

Roy Tarpley's Sponsor
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jlegg21 View Post
    If we can land a youngster like Derrick Favors or Evan Turner, or a slightly lesser player like OJ Mayo and a pick? You pull that trigger and dont look back.
    Love Turner. Still think he's going to be a great player in this league. But if he keeps playing like he is tonight, he's going to be off the table.

Provided the wrist heals on schedule, I think the right deal will be available at the deadline. That deal will not be for Harden. No way OKC parts with him this season.

Banned
    Thanks

"I would need an unprotected lottery pick to trade Andy at the minimum"

I see another Cavfanatic signed up to the site.

~
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,862 Times in 2,489 Posts

Looks like Evan Turner is getting a shot in the starting lineup before the deadline, and it looks like his value just shot up some based on last night's 26pt & 9reb performance .vs. the Celtics.

Banned
    Thanks

Never gonna happen... we have nothing those teams want...

Thanks
    Thanked 4,392 Times in 1,660 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    Never gonna happen... we have nothing those teams want...
    Philly could definitely use AV and they have a plethora of wings.
    An Evan Turner for AV makes sense for both teams: hard giving up on a #2 pick draft though.
    There is a tension, peculiar to basketball, between the interests of the team and the interests of the individual. The game continually tempts the people who play it to do things that are not in the interest of the group.
    Michael Lewis

BARNES BRIGADE $ Donator Pavlovic3Ball's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,964 Times in 1,089 Posts

There is absolutely no way Utah trades up Favors. And for the record I think Favors is overrated and won't be all that good. But Utah loves him and no one is going to trade young talent if Varejao can't even stay healthy.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,908 Times in 2,497 Posts

Have there been any updates on the status of Andy? His 4-6 week injury happened 4 weeks ago.

Cryotherapy Enthusiast
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,820 Times in 2,092 Posts

Last week he said he still could not hold a ball with one hand. Makes me think he is still out another week at least.

Birthing All-Stars Free Agency God's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,564 Times in 1,553 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Douglar View Post
    Last week he said he still could not hold a ball with one hand. Makes me think he is still out another week at least.
    If he is not traded at the trade deadline, I am hoping that the FO babies him for the rest of the season so as to not "reaggravate the injury." Like I said, one win can tip the scales between the 8th or 9th pick and the 15th pick. That is going to hurt if that happens and we're stuck picking from a lower tier of players than we would have otherwise been in.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,041 Times in 902 Posts

I am a big Andy supporter, but if I were the boss I would trade him for a guy like Harden. Most of us would. The problem is that we are seen as the wizards when they traded off Jamison, Haywood, and Butler. Everyone wants to get Andy for nothing, but he is valuable enough to the franchise as a mentor and defensive anchor that unless you get a guy with a high ceiling or a guy that is a great fit what is the point?

Birthing All-Stars Free Agency God's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,564 Times in 1,553 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cavatt View Post
    I am a big Andy supporter, but if I were the boss I would trade him for a guy like Harden. Most of us would. The problem is that we are seen as the wizards when they traded off Jamison, Haywood, and Butler. Everyone wants to get Andy for nothing, but he is valuable enough to the franchise as a mentor and defensive anchor that unless you get a guy with a high ceiling or a guy that is a great fit what is the point?
    His value as a mentor is a valid reason for considering to keep him, but what he provides on the court right now is not only unhelpful, but hurtful to the Cavs future because we win more games than we should be winning. If we could have Andy sit on the bench all year, but mentor, or if he just wasn't nearly as good as he is, but was still considered a good mentor, then, yes, I would be fine with keeping him. He is going to be a shell of his former self by the time we would need his rebounding, defense, and intangibles. That is if he's even still in the league. Veteran presence can be had for cheap. In order to acquire talent, it takes risks and luck, and, by keeping Varejao, we hurt our changes at acquiring the talent we need in order to win a championship.